Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those who are looking for a header
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
HyperDeathKill
Well, I needed a header, and I needed one within a week for the test supercharger and the best solution I found was going with the pacesetter header made for the 3s-fe st184 because it was either that or wait for the header from Australlia and Genie which is also made for the st184.

In order to make the header fit, you need to drill out a few of the bolt holes, and drill out the holes big time on the downpipe flange and also power sand it down. I did this myself, but if I had the time to take it to a shop, I would and pay them a few dollars to do it.

It's true, pacesetter is junk. Get the genie one if you can, or go custom if you have $1,000 to drop. The pacesetter header isn't ceramic coated, it's just painted black. Not even hi-temp paint, so it comes off after you run it for a little bit. DO not paint over this, I made that mistake, and the pacesetter paint peeled and peeled away my paint too. Even the crappy paper gaskets they gave me were bad, I heard a leak, and had to take it all apart and reinstall it with new graphite gaskets that I picked up at my local auto store. SO if you are going to do this, make sure you get better gaskets then the ones that pacesetter sends you.

All in all, the sound is much deeper, and a bit lounder. Gains are minimal (they always are with the 5s-fe), but once all the paint peels off it will look bling. Install time for me was about 10 hours.
SiKBOY
Glad to hear that you got a header for your car hyper, make sure you retighten the bolts in about a week or two cuz they can get lose and you will blow your gasket.

Whats the supercharger project that your doing?
HyperDeathKill
oh, I wrote about it on www.topless-racing.com (shameful promotion of my website). But you know that post for Rippmods needs a super charger tester? Well, thats me. I'm driving from Chicago to NY, and letting them mess with my car for about a month. They'll install, prototype, dyno, and tune.
stelica85
hey keep us updated when you do that because i would love to just put a supercharger on the 5fse and not worry and hassle over a swap.
HyperDeathKill
Don't worry, visit my website I'll be updating there, I'll also post here when everything is said and done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.