Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to Celica world
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
oz2281
Hey everyone,

Just bought a 6generation celica and it's quite a change from my last car being that I know my other car from bumper to bumper. Well I have been looking through the site and it's cool how it has a good amount of info on the cars. I do have a question though; I'm from Miami and the car I just bought may have one of the tranny synchros or fork messed up and I don't know any decent and inexpensive tranny repair places in the area. Hope one of you can help, maybe one of you has had the same problem. The problem is with first gear and it doesn't happen all the time but I can see it can become annoying when the gear just doesn't engage; all the other gears shift beautifully though. Thanks
Inferno
Welcome to the site. I hope someone can help you out with your problem. Enjoy the site!
ghostdog
welcome to the site.

re: the problem with first gear. I think downshifting into first is a common problem. the gear refuses to engage unless you are almost stopped. I've found putting good tranny fluid in (bg synchroshift in my case) and rev matching helps it quite a bit.

cheers,

pete
Drunken_Style
Welcome to the board
macavely
Hey kid welcome to our world. wink.gif
XE_Nathaniel
Hoy! welcome to the board pare!

-Nate biggrin.gif
marcusk
just start out of 2nd..unless your racing or somethin, i find it easier just to skip 1st most of the time unless im at a dead stop or on a hill...
FallenHero
Finally! another person from the southeast!!! I thought I was all alone...

Jon
silvasurfa
SUP?!! wink.gif
Stipt
wiggle.gif w00t w00t wiggle.gif
Coomer
Welcome to the site! smile.gif

I've had troubles shifting into first unless I'm almost completely stopped as well, unless I rev match.
Magic
Welcome!

About your problem,it doesnt worth it to repair just the synchros of the 1st gear,but have a double check before your 1st move,also if you want to have a longlife gearbox try to dont downshift at HIGH RPMs and especially downshift to your 1st gear,you have to be stopped to do this.

Good luck

wink.gif
blkGT
Welcome. Im from Florida as well. w00t.
Hope yo ufind anything you need biggrin.gif
CelicaGT
i thought i was the only one with this problem biggrin.gif ... now i won't lose any more sleep.
Andason
I had the problem with downshifting into first in both my 5th and 6th gen. Just live with it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.