Decided to take a run over the pass in the Cascade mountains after work here today thats a short run 90 miles from sea level to 5000 ft. Getting towards the top and after a run of a few miles up hill grade I lost my clutch, had to pump it to get pressure. I stopped the car and took a look. It seemed fine after setting a few minutes, I started going up again and lost it again after a couple more miles. I then decided it was best to turn around and head home. All the way home (downhill) she was back to her spunky self. No problems since.
I was a hard core chevy man ( pre 80's ) that swore he'd never drive an asian PoS till I bought this economy car for the wife to save gas and damned if it wasnt fun to drive. So I gave her the keys to my 78' Chevy 1 ton and stole her car. So Im not real well versed in toyota mechanics and duct tape doesnt seem to be working on this girl. Any suggestions?
Also, if a guy had illusions of grandure, Ive seen a couple folks here turning GT's into st205's. Would that be possible with say a 96 convertible? I mean with the AWD and 3sgte engine and all.
Well, got to run, wife yelling about the air cleaner rattling on the pick up ( damned if she didnt learn new words ) so got to break out the duct tape and strap it down again. Any info on that clutch would be mighty appreciated.