Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tinabell is no longer Auto... she's back
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ILuvMyCelica95
2 days, one celica, 6 6gc members = MANUAL TRANSMISSION.

First of all let me say JDM GUY Owns.
Manny, Jenn, Dustin and Steff are amazing. I can't thank them enough for their help and the use of the garage and house for two days.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

my car has never felt so smooth and amazing smile.gif
I LOVE HER!
Daftboy
Nice job guys....wish I could have came...=/
devilsden97
oh snap!

good weekend, but I am seriously beat. Im at work, and all I can think about is sleep.

Enjoy Tina
playr158
man thats one clleeeeaaaaan loooking manual tranny Tina wink.gif

congrats on the swap
Defgeph
Awesome glade you guys made it home ok. Tina, enjoy to new found fun.
ILuvMyCelica95
thanks guys

ps: manny is the MAN

IPB Image
lagos
good work guys/gals!
mannys new garage looks f-ing awesome.
presure2
QUOTE(ILuvMyCelica95 @ Jul 30, 2007 - 12:15 PM) [snapback]583683[/snapback]

thanks guys

ps: manny is the MAN

IPB Image

haha nice!
you know how we do.. wink.gif
it was a pleasure to have you guys up for the weekend.
smile.gif
ILuvMyCelica95
Manny you have some pics on your camera too smile.gif
97lestyousay
Nice work. JDM Guy Tuning to the rescue. smile.gif I bet it feels
like it has way more power.
LewFX
swap in a 3s for tina with manual, 7a? cmon tina, you need more power
supershannon77
Another Great job by the JDM GUY. Good luck and enjoy!!
hurley97
QUOTE(97lestyousay @ Jul 30, 2007 - 8:04 PM) [snapback]583828[/snapback]

I'm convinced it really does have more power haha

wait like a week Tina, when you get more comfortable with it you'll feel the difference

Manny! where is the picture Jenn took at the end with me and Tina and Dustin and the Synchromech bottle... laugh.gif
JoKeRkId613
tina sounded so hot right there, "this is manny bench pressing my transmission into my car".
wink.gif

congrats on the swap. 3sgte next?
presure2
QUOTE(hurley97 @ Jul 30, 2007 - 10:11 PM) [snapback]583863[/snapback]

Manny! where is the picture Jenn took at the end with me and Tina and Dustin and the Synchromech bottle... laugh.gif

yea, ummm i dont think thats 6gc friendly..lol
malpaso
thats amazing work... I'm bit envious you can meet like this and have some "fun" like this biggrin.gif.

note: Tina, let me know how do you feel with manual tranny biggrin.gif. Especially take-off part of drive wink.gif. I remember how it was when I was learning to drive biggrin.gif

note (for all):
here are about 90% of cars with manual tranny wink.gif. I have driven auto tranny car just once in my life biggrin.gif.
juan_solid
Good work smile.gif

Silver94CelicaOwner
Good job, yo.

Enjoy it Tina, you've been wanting this for a long time now. smile.gif
celiracer
Congrats. I can't even imagine driving my celica as an auto. Hope you enjoy it and now all ya need is a 3s.
devilsden97
when i get home today, ill post up my (literally) 3 photos.
ILuvMyCelica95

QUOTE(97lestyousay @ Jul 30, 2007 - 8:04 PM) [snapback]583828[/snapback]

I'm convinced it really does have more power haha

wait like a week Tina, when you get more comfortable with it you'll feel the difference

I swear i feel it too Steff.

QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Jul 30, 2007 - 10:19 PM) [snapback]583869[/snapback]

tina sounded so hot right there, "this is manny bench pressing my transmission into my car".
wink.gif

hahaha sarcasm yes? tongue.gif

QUOTE(presure2 @ Jul 30, 2007 - 10:22 PM) [snapback]583870[/snapback]

yea, ummm i dont think thats 6gc friendly..lol

no it's def not!, but i do want to see the pictures that Jen took there is one of my with my baby car smile.gif

QUOTE(malpaso @ Jul 31, 2007 - 1:40 AM) [snapback]583932[/snapback]

thats amazing work... I'm bit envious you can meet like this and have some "fun" like this biggrin.gif.

note: Tina, let me know how do you feel with manual tranny biggrin.gif. Especially take-off part of drive wink.gif. I remember how it was when I was learning to drive biggrin.gif

note (for all):
here are about 90% of cars with manual tranny wink.gif. I have driven auto tranny car just once in my life biggrin.gif.

it feels a lot better IMO, of course i am not perfect but i think that's expected this is my first manual car smile.gif
presure2
hehe good times...
[attachmentid=1019]

[attachmentid=1020]

[attachmentid=1021]

[attachmentid=1022]

the official JDM guy (MA. chapter) masscot:
if you dont pay your bill, you get to meet this fine fellow:

[attachmentid=1023]
wink.gif
ILuvMyCelica95
George! that dog is so awesome!!!

ummmm I LOVE my car!!
devilsden97
QUOTE(presure2 @ Jul 31, 2007 - 7:25 PM) [snapback]584191[/snapback]

the official JDM guy (MA. chapter) masscot:
if you dont pay your bill, you get to meet this fine fellow:

[attachmentid=1023]
wink.gif

^he killed that water bottle.. lol

JoKeRkId613
QUOTE(ILuvMyCelica95 @ Jul 31, 2007 - 12:41 PM) [snapback]584114[/snapback]
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Jul 30, 2007 - 10:19 PM) [snapback]583869[/snapback]

wink.gif

hahaha sarcasm yes? tongue.gif
... maybe. lol.
ILuvMyCelica95
yeah yeah yeah i know i have an annoying voice/accent
Celiracer18
thats a pretty cool website you guys set up. thumbsup.gif
hurley97
I added some of your pictures to the site Tina.

this picture is a new tradition, its our version of the tweak pose...

IPB Image

IPB Image

laugh.gif
ILuvMyCelica95
haha YES i think he's wearing the same shirt too :-P
presure2
QUOTE(hurley97 @ Aug 2, 2007 - 8:02 AM) [snapback]584616[/snapback]

I added some of your pictures to the site Tina.

this picture is a new tradition, its our version of the tweak pose...

IPB Image

IPB Image

laugh.gif

LMAO!! this one is better tahn the tweek pose, cause its NOT a pose, its work being done wink.gif

diffrent shirts tina, steffs job was a darker blue. wink.gif
devilsden97
in both photos u just put the clutch in/on. (rubber gloves FTW!)
dustin15brown
great job guys smile.gif So was it worth the wait Tina? You've been wanting this for a few years now
hurley97
Tina, your swap and some pics have been added to the JDM Guy site and moved to the top of the page wink.gif

I still want that "not 6gc friendly" pic to put up on our site somewhere ... heh
j0e_p3t
that's awesome. you and your car just got even hotter. didn't even think that was possible. but yeah, girls that drive stick are awesome.
ILuvMyCelica95
^ Thanks Joe

Update:

I haven't really be able to enjoy this swap because my car has been leaking gear oil.

I called Manny up and he told me what to look for and that maybe the tranny was overfilled and caused a leak.
That wasn't the problem.

To save myself the aggrivation of trying to get my car high enough in my garage I brought my car over to Mavis where my cousin works. We put the car on the lift and saw that the leak was coming from the axle seal on the driver's side. Which would not have been a big deal if it was only a bad seal. We then put the car in gear and let the wheels roll. That's when the real problem showed up. My axle instead of staying straight and turning in the tranny was going up and down.

The leak was happening because the axle was/or looks to be too small for the tranny leaving a gap where it should be sealed. I could literally pull the axle out of the tranny.

So if you are doing an auto to manual swap i suggest getting manual axles.

I should have gotten them but I was told I didn't need them.

Maybe I'm wrong about a size difference. So my question is for those of you who have done this did you get manual axles?
presure2
QUOTE(ILuvMyCelica95 @ Aug 16, 2007 - 7:20 PM) [snapback]588519[/snapback]

^ Thanks Joe

Update:

I haven't really be able to enjoy this swap because my car has been leaking gear oil.

I called Manny up and he told me what to look for and that maybe the tranny was overfilled and caused a leak.
That wasn't the problem.

To save myself the aggrivation of trying to get my car high enough in my garage I brought my car over to Mavis where my cousin works. We put the car on the lift and saw that the leak was coming from the axle seal on the driver's side. Which would not have been a big deal if it was only a bad seal. We then put the car in gear and let the wheels roll. That's when the real problem showed up. My axle instead of staying straight and turning in the tranny was going up and down.

The leak was happening because the axle was/or looks to be too small for the tranny leaving a gap where it should be sealed. I could literally pull the axle out of the tranny.

So if you are doing an auto to manual swap i suggest getting manual axles.

I should have gotten them but I was told I didn't need them.

Maybe I'm wrong about a size difference. So my question is for those of you who have done this did you get manual axles?

tina, just FYI, the axles are the same for the ST, auto and manual. ( i just checked the EPC)
chances are, the snap ring on the axle was worn, which is highly likely, seeing as how they were used axles.
ILuvMyCelica95
Well then, my car is just a whore then and decided she did not want old ones she wants new ones.

I'm just glad I caught it before it was a serious problem.

I should have my car back tomorrow so i'll be driving again in no time.
Harold_Fastwaker
Yep, no difference in axles. You just swap out the splines if I remember correctly. I know I swapped something on them because I did not order the axles from the yard with my trans.

ILuvMyCelica95
what about a 96 transmission with a 95 axle?
ILuvMyCelica95
ok another update: the snap ring is fine.

the passenger's side is in very tight as of right now both axles are out of the car when they fit passenger's side to the drivers side it moves around the same way. So they think it's something internally wrong with the transmission.
97lestyousay
I hate C52s mad.gif
The 2nd gear syncro is going bad on mine
and my car only has 94,000 on it. My Corolla
has a bent 3-4 fork and bad 3rd syncro.
lagos
are the axles you had in there OEM, or have they ever been replaced?

try to measure the diameter of the input shafts and compare them. sometimes, they machine those shafts down when they rebuild them, and that could be causing your problem (if you're on rebuilt axles). also, make sure new axle seals were installed correctly. my drivers side axle has a fair bit of play in it too, but its never leaked any oil.
playr158
man that completely sucks.

When i had it the only problem was a bad oil seal frown.gif
hurley97
QUOTE(ILuvMyCelica95 @ Aug 17, 2007 - 2:56 PM) [snapback]588719[/snapback]

ok another update: the snap ring is fine.

the passenger's side is in very tight as of right now both axles are out of the car when they fit passenger's side to the drivers side it moves around the same way. So they think it's something internally wrong with the transmission.

thats exactly what we were afraid of. find out as much as you can about that tranny.

I know for sure the auto axles are fine (aside from being the same part in the EPC) I've had my 97 auto axles in my 95 transmission for over a year now with no problems. If I wasn't 100% sure I would have told you to get them anyway.
Batman722
QUOTE(playr158 @ Aug 17, 2007 - 3:35 PM) [snapback]588732[/snapback]

we put new seals in it. I think you might have a bad tranny or something internaly not right. The axles are fine, that isn't the problem.

Dan, just a question, you had your 7a w/tranny (just over 100K on it right ?), and you bought another tranny with a few less miles than your had (85K), Why did you buy a new tranny ? Did you think you had a problem with your stock tranny ? Why would you buy another ? You wanted to swap anyway and not use any 7a stuff, so why another tranny ?

I hate so sound like a jerk or point fingers but if I bought a 2nd tranny it would be for a reason...because the one I had was bad or going bad...
ILuvMyCelica95
just a small update since i just got back from vacation.

1. I am really angry. I now have to find a tranny shop to take my car to and in all honesty i don't have the $ for it right now. So my car will most likely be towed to my house and it will rot in my garage until i can do something about this.

The axles are fine. Both of them, and they are both OEM. There is something internally wrong with the transmission. From what I was told I'm either going to have to get a new transmission or the one in the car now has to be rebuilt.

I'm just really upset which i think is understandable since I can't drive my ****ing car.
presure2
QUOTE(ILuvMyCelica95 @ Aug 25, 2007 - 5:29 PM) [snapback]590727[/snapback]

just a small update since i just got back from vacation.

1. I am really angry. I now have to find a tranny shop to take my car to and in all honesty i don't have the $ for it right now. So my car will most likely be towed to my house and it will rot in my garage until i can do something about this.

The axles are fine. Both of them, and they are both OEM. There is something internally wrong with the transmission. From what I was told I'm either going to have to get a new transmission or the one in the car now has to be rebuilt.

I'm just really upset which i think is understandable since I can't drive my ****ing car.

shame you got a bad tranny tina...i had a bad feeling when you told me it had been sand blasted..
if you can source a GOOD tranny, im sure we could work somthing out to get it in, even if it means a road trip.
smile.gif
hurley97
Tina, I can help you source a tranny if you'd like.
playr158
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Aug 18, 2007 - 11:45 PM) [snapback]589043[/snapback]

we put new seals in it. I think you might have a bad tranny or something internaly not right. The axles are fine, that isn't the problem.

Dan, just a question, you had your 7a w/tranny (just over 100K on it right ?), and you bought another tranny with a few less miles than your had (85K), Why did you buy a new tranny ? Did you think you had a problem with your stock tranny ? Why would you buy another ? You wanted to swap anyway and not use any 7a stuff, so why another tranny ?

I hate so sound like a jerk or point fingers but if I bought a 2nd tranny it would be for a reason...because the one I had was bad or going bad...

rolleyes.gif wow talk about assumptions and false information....

a) the tranny had ~102k if i recall correctly (i haven't seen my gauge cluster in awhile)
b) I NEVER bought another transmission.
c) Tranny was working when I took it off the car. I drove the car into the garage and then removed everything.
d) I got a second motor + tranny combo for a 7afte build (after i already tore apart my car), then decided against that plan, leaving me with 2 MT 7afe setups.

you should really get your facts straight before making up stories....maybe yall ****ed it up with JDM YO installz rolleyes.gif
presure2
QUOTE(playr158 @ Aug 26, 2007 - 2:19 PM) [snapback]590901[/snapback]

QUOTE(Batman722 @ Aug 18, 2007 - 11:45 PM) [snapback]589043[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif wow talk about assumptions and false information....

a) the tranny had ~102k if i recall correctly (i haven't seen my gauge cluster in awhile)
b) I NEVER bought another transmission.
c) Tranny was working when I took it off the car. I drove the car into the garage and then removed everything.
d) I got a second motor + tranny combo for a 7afte build (after i already tore apart my car), then decided against that plan, leaving me with 2 MT 7afe setups.

you should really get your facts straight before making up stories....maybe yall ****ed it up with JDM YO installz rolleyes.gif

dan, since IM the one who installed the tranny, a few notes.
i cant see how you can really screw up the tranny itself installing it. only thing i can see is bending the input shaft, or gouging the seal seats (one of which was a bit scratched up when the tranny arrived here) which clearly is not the problem here.
dont talk about making up stories, then go ahead and make one up yourself.
dustins words are his own, so i wont speak for him, but if your gonna talk about something that I installed, dont quote him, and talk to me.
in case you havent noticed already, i never blamed you in my posts, and still wont.
i never liked the idea of the tranny being snadblasted, but that dont mean, (and i dont think, BTW) thats what caused her problem.
could just be a case of bad luck for all i know, and to be honest, i dont really care WHY its broke. cause at this point that really dont matter.
i just wanna see it fixed, one way, or the other.
smile.gif
tina, have you asked jeff what he did with his tranny from his swap? i cant remember off the top of my head if he still has it or not, im thinking no, but you never know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.