Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lots of New problem questions
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
RCTCelica
i can't comment if the cap will fit or not being that i'm not the seller. As for the pvc valve it is very simple to remove and install, there is no trick to it.

i suggest changing the distributor rotor along with the cap (i assume youre changing out your spark wires and plugs as well).
aslearvert
Ok, thanks. The pcv valve is on its way, and so are a set of NGK plugs. I will get wires soon.

I'm still wondering about the cap though...

Also, is the fuel filter in a pretty easy location to change?
malpaso
just one silly question:

Are you sure this Bosch aftermarket piece is better than stock Denso one?
aslearvert
QUOTE(malpaso @ Aug 3, 2007 - 12:54 AM) [snapback]584884[/snapback]

just one silly question:

I have no idea. haha But the nearest toyota dealership is about 30 miles away (maybe more) so its more of a pain to go there, than to buy something off the internet. I've never gotten anything from the dealership.
malpaso
QUOTE(aslearvert @ Aug 3, 2007 - 2:18 PM) [snapback]584922[/snapback]

just one silly question:

I have no idea. haha But the nearest toyota dealership is about 30 miles away (maybe more) so its more of a pain to go there, than to buy something off the internet. I've never gotten anything from the dealership.

wink.gif www.toyotaworld.com
aslearvert
QUOTE(malpaso @ Aug 3, 2007 - 7:29 AM) [snapback]584925[/snapback]

QUOTE(aslearvert @ Aug 3, 2007 - 2:18 PM) [snapback]584922[/snapback]

just one silly question:

wink.gif www.toyotaworld.com

WHOA! Thanks man. I really had no idea that that site existed. SWEET! Do they accept Paypal? Are those prices with shipping included?
Hmmm... I'm getting a server error when I go to the site...

OooOO and they want a credit card... not good. I dont have one.
aslearvert
Ok, I have my plugs and pcv valve. I have a couple of new questions though.

1. Is there a "how to" on changing plugs? If not can someone just give me a quick run down? I take the wires off, and a huge tube comes out... whats next? Do you loosen the hex head and take it out after you pull the tube out?haha (Sorry, I've never done this before on my car. ) Everyone has to start somewhere right? biggrin.gif haha

2. What are the plugs supposed to be gapped to?

3. Where is the PCV valve located? (and how do I replace it) (scratch this, I found it and replaced it)

Also, I figured since I was asking all these questions, I'd ask more. biggrin.gif

4. I hooked up my sri before I was on the site, and I am wondering if I hooked it up correctly now. Can someone tell me if there is a better way of doing this?

IPB Image

5. All of my tires are wearing evenly except, my right rear is bald... why would that be? Do I need an alignment?

IPB Image
^^ Right Front

IPB Image
^^ Right rear (problem tire)

sorry about the dirty car... dirt roads suck.

Any help is greatly appreciated
-Thanks
Slick
^^Camber?
xs94st
to replace your spark plugs

u already got em, **make sure you have anti-seize n dielectric gel**

the antiseize will help when u replace the plugs later on so that they dont get stuck. the dielectric gel helps keep moisture out n keep the plug wires healthy.

***Remember to do 1 plug at a time so as not to mix plug wires. If you do take them all out, make sure you tag them to make sure u dont mix them up***

i believe the gap for the 5sfe is 1.1mm..might wanna double check that with an auto shop like autozone or napa

to remove the existing plugs, get a matching extended ratchet (if you have one) that matchs up with the plug size. if u dont have a long enuff ratchet you can pick up a spark plug remover for 4 bucks at a autozone.

if there is a lot of resistance when removing, try tightening the plug a little to try n break off any buildup that could be causing it to be stuck.

dont let anything fall into the hole u jus pulld the spark plug out of

okay, u should have the plug out. apply the antiseize n dielectric gel like it says on the respective packages, if u have a spark plug remover, jus stick the new plug n place the plug back in the engine. ***when tightening, be sure not to crossthread! if you cannot rotate the plug easily after a couple turns, continue to loosen slowly so that you feel the plug's threads fall into place n then begin tightening***

repeat for each plug.
aslearvert
Ok, thank you very much, I'll give it a shot later today.

About the tire problem, I've been asking around and lots of people are telling me that its probably just a bad/defective tire. I have the warranty at discount tire, so I am going to call and see if they will replace it.

For the camber thing... Do I just need an alignment, or how do I fix that?

Anyways, that leaves the SRI. I have noticed that some people just plug the hole that I have the hose going to. Should I do that too?
xs94st
America's Tire

There's a link for ya to check out a good tire shop. They usually check your tires for free and if you wanna go take one to them they probably wont charge you anything for letting them check it out.

I take my car there all the time, they patch up flats if ur on the go for free, free rotations, free tire check + reinflation, etc. Pretty nice. Check em out or just give em a call!
aslearvert
Thanks man, I will definitely give them a call.
cHinaman727
I don't think you have the right coupler on the SRI. I would go to an auto parts store and look for a coupler that is for the size of your tube to the size of your TB. It looks like that material isnt holding up too well.

Also, I went to lowes and got some single pieces of metal to make a sort of brace for the SRI so it wouldnt be falling down so much.

Ill get a pic up later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.