Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible GB: 6th gen TRD CF Hood
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Charlie97L
hey guys, i contacted VIS about making a custom carbon fiber hood for the 94-99, it would be styled after the TRD Supra hood, with the four vents in it... so imagine a OEM style hood for our 6th gen with these vents in it.

user posted image

this GB is, once again, personally motivated, i need a vented hood for my turbo kit, but i think this would look amazing on any 6th gen.

i've enquired about it, and we need 15 people, i've also asked about pricing, waiting to hear back from them.

if you are interested, please post, any questions, let me know, contact info is in my sig.

coomer, if this is in the worng forum, just kick it to where it should be.

I SHOULD clarify, this will not be through importfan, this will be directo from VIS, i just used a pic from importfan.
Coomer
I'd love to have a vented carbon fiber hood with that design, assuming the price isn't too bad. smile.gif I'm very, very interested.
Mynzeyes
dude. you know i'm in. possibly...pending...maybe...ARGH. i need a price, but you know how long i've wanted this hood...not necessarily CF...but i can paint it wink.gif

-John-
FallenHero
Who do you want me to kill for one of these? I'm very, very interested. price pending.

Jon
phat94celi
I definitely want one of those! Count me in

-Kaleb
forkee
im definitely interested!
celicaBEst
oh i am super interested tony(har har)..... keep me up dated buddy
snadman
Don't care what the price is I want it. I changed my mind recently and decided to keep my Celica...for financial reasons mostly. A VIN code that comes up as turbo isnt friendly on insurance premiums nor car payemnts...but a 3sgte swap and upgrading celi is. I want it.
johnnybravo04
I'M in definnatly a hood I would like have on my GT
Sh0gunkid8721
im definately interested depending on the price
FireinDC
maaaaannn omg ahhh i want it so ****ing bad!! ahh I DO NOT HAVE MY CELICA YET! **** AHHH I WISH I HAD IT IF I DID I WOULD BUY! dude... i wish i hyad the money frown.gif
x_itchy_b_x
QUOTE (Sh0gunkid8721 @ Aug 4, 2003 - 11:28 PM)
im definately interested depending on the price

same i am 100% interested.
bojangles_8686
I am really interested also, the price is what would hold me back frown.gif
capncrakhed

i'm interested charlie....price pending of course
FallenHero
This is about the fastest growing thread I've seen on here!
Celica94GT
no doubt im interested, i have the money. i want it sooooo bad!!!!!
macavely
intrested... i need both front fenders and bumper and hood.. so when a price is set please post
chucho
depending on price, i REALLY want one. I do have a little bit of money of a K.
nik
count me in just tell me when you need the money biggrin.gif
bojangles_8686
Here is what it could look like, please excuse the really crappy microsoft paint skills biggrin.gif

NOTE: THIS IS Ve1Ls1dEvolutioN'S CAR NOT MINE!
user posted image

But yeah like I said I am definitley in, and now I dont think the price matters I really want one smile.gif
Consynx
it better take a long time for them to make it, if i'm suppose to have the $
the bumper extensions set me back pretty much...remember? tongue.gif
95STCelica
how is it TRD if its made by VIS?
bojangles_8686
It wouldnt be a TRD hood, it would be styled after a TRD Supra hood, and it would be made by VIS.
95STCelica
i remember when i first got mine everyone called me an idiot...now its become the trendy thing apparently... rolleyes.gif
bojangles_8686
QUOTE (95STCelica @ Aug 5, 2003 - 2:04 AM)
i remember when i first got mine everyone called me an idiot...now its become the trendy thing apparently... rolleyes.gif

Dude Ive always wanted a CF hood,even before the "trend" tongue.gif
Phr0z3n664
count me in
Andason
Carbon fiber is paintable correct? haha. If so count me in, if not, im out like a blind man playing pictionary.
Charlie97L
QUOTE (Andason @ Aug 5, 2003 - 3:01 AM)
Carbon fiber is paintable correct? haha. If so count me in, if not, im out like a blind man playing pictionary.

yup, of course it's paintable. smile.gif ya for the thread!
Neipas09
I'm in like a clown, charlie brown! biggrin.gif
celicakid84
im definitely in, i have wanted a hood like that for a while now.
Celica94GT
OMG, i want that hood so frigin bad!!!, please make that hood, PLEEEAASE!!!!!
Charlie97L
QUOTE (Celica94GT @ Aug 5, 2003 - 9:26 AM)
OMG, i want that hood so frigin bad!!!, please make that hood, PLEEEAASE!!!!!

if we can get the people, i guarantee we will get it... ask anyone on celica.net i follow through on group buys, this is like 6th one i've done. smile.gif
bojangles_8686
I think we already have 21 people interested on here, and we only needed 15 biggrin.gif
Mynzeyes
QUOTE (bojangles_8686 @ Aug 5, 2003 - 10:38 AM)
I think we already have 21 people interested on here, and we only needed 15 biggrin.gif

a lot of those are depedent on the price...i'm getting one, but i won't have the money til mid september...so i'm hopin that it will still be udner construction by then.

personally, it'd be nice to wait that long, and either get a gauranteed 2nd wave of production (2x15 *charlie's idea*) or, take orders, and let the people depedent on the price save up for about a month.

but then again, that's just so i'm pretty much guaranteed to get this hood... tongue.gif

-John-
Consynx
a month?
psh, i'm lucky if i'll have the $ in 3 months...i don't work at my job anymore, and i'm just praying for a on-campus job
bojangles_8686
I have the money right now all I need to do is keep my hands off of it tongue.gif
ToYCeLi8
bowdown.gif WHOA bowdown.gif that hood looks sweet. I'm in!! Well depending on the price of course. I'm guessing if most of you guys are like me, you're willing to pay around $100 more than a regular CF hood. biggrin.gif
Jeremy1210
That looks awesome. I'd love to have one
NYCelica
Damn, thats Sick!! I wish i could buy that now..but i cant i just got my Celica and i am waiting for other Parts.. I am working on Suspension now.. Interior and Custom Intake/Exhaust/ and some More stuff are Done. wink.gif I'll post some new Pics.
Matthew
count me in too

thats like 24 people

i'll do a list when i get off work...
FallenHero
Give VIS a URL to this page and see if they'll give you a price.

Jon
Phat_99CeliGT
Yea get a price.

Im thinking about selling my custom hood and getting a CF or the vented one if it is gonna be made.
Charlie97L
I'm calling VIS tomorrow if I don't hear from them. Sit tight guys, we'll have the info soon.

Thanks for the great response!

Shout out to John (Mynzeyes) whose many crazed ramblings about a "phatty bad-ass 6th gen TRD vented hood" were the inspiration for this project attempt. smile.gif now you won't have to take a hacksaw to your stocker, John biggrin.gif
95STCelica
his car would probably be down 3 months just for that rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Mynzeyes
QUOTE (95STCelica @ Aug 5, 2003 - 11:25 PM)
his car would probably be down 3 months just for that  rolleyes.gif  biggrin.gif

YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE CELICA LIKE THAT! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

QUOTE (Mynzeyes @ 3months ago)

i swear it'll only take 2 weeks. no longer.

frown.gif

-John-
Mynzeyes
QUOTE (Charlie97L @ Aug 5, 2003 - 11:18 PM)
now you won't have to take a hacksaw to your stocker, John biggrin.gif

i prefer the Dremel. wink.gif

-John-
95STCelica
frown.gif frown.gif

oh im just kidding..whos been here with you the whole time....*sniff*
jjbenzo
yeah, i would for sure be interested in a real carbon fiber TRD style hood, let me know the outcome
jjbenzo
jason
snadman
I don't care about price, but it would be nice to get one so we know for sure who's in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.