Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: auto to manual swap wiring ?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
blckcelica95
ok so for 4 years now i have had my manual tranny installed in my car and now since i have installed a turbo on my 5sfe i want to race it at new england drag way but they wont let me race becuase i dont need to have the clutch pedal pressed to start the car . What would be the correct way to wire the clutch cancel switch in ?
Sean
Batman722
how do you have it wired to start now ? I assume you have the 2 wires connected in the engine bay off the AT harness. If so, you need to disconnect those, and make sure your clutch has the start switch on it. The connect the switch to 2 wires under the dash where the auto shifter was plugged in. I can't remember exactly which 2 off hand (and I'm at work), PM me and I'll give you the info later tonight.
Dr_Tweak
Pretty much what Batman said, you need to tap into the circuit that turns the starter relay on at some point, either between the ignition and the relay or between the relay and ground, and cut it, run each wire to the clutch start switch on your clutch pedal. If you don't have the plug for the clutch start switch, you'll need to get one.

-Doc
Batman722
QUOTE(Dr_Tweak @ Aug 15, 2007 - 4:37 PM) [snapback]588224[/snapback]

Pretty much what Batman said, you need to tap into the circuit that turns the starter relay on at some point, either between the ignition and the relay or between the relay and ground, and cut it, run each wire to the clutch start switch on your clutch pedal. If you don't have the plug for the clutch start switch, you'll need to get one.

-Doc

I have a spare switch if you need it. It's the black w/yellow stripe and the black wire from the shifter harness. You need to cut them and connect one (black) from the ECU side and the other (black w/yellow stripe) from the harness side, and have them go to the switch. It might be reversed, I just can't remember which way it goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.