Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: torque steer problem... please hlep...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
duce135
hi everybody, i have a big problem trying to stay in lane. everytime my car hits boost (apprx. 15 psi), it steers hard to the right... does anybody knows what the problem is and how am i going to be able to fix it. and another problem is somehow it's hard for me to put the car into gear. its a brand new clutch.
Bitter
LSD
bindertch
Check your axles. Usually torque steer is caused by one axle wraping up and the other not, causing the wheel connected to the axle that doesn't wrap up to pull sending the car to the opposite side. What dirrection is your car going? If right then it is your right axle which is the longest axle and would explain the problem. Also a LSD will only amplify the problem. Another thing is you could have other worn out parts in the suspension that could be causing one wheel to change alignment and causing your torque steer. I would check your front suspension out and see if anything is loose or worn out.
Bitter
how would locking the differential so both wheels receive the same amount of power make it worse? the open differential is applying the most power to the wheel with the least grip and the wheel with the most grip is getting less, causing the car to steer to one side or the other when the boost hits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque_steer

sorry, i should have specified a helical lsd, which most if not all fwd lsd's are anyways. you want to put the power down equally so that if a wheel is going to spin it'll be both wheels and not just the one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.