Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afte
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
97Celica
Okay,so,in NH they recently passed a law where cars need to pass emissions...96 and up...Well,I drive a 1997...

I want to turbo my car so bad it's not even funny...I have 3 good people that would definitely be willing to help me....I know most people rip out their cat and add in massive high flow mufflers....but...for emissions sake...could I just keep my magnaflow setup I have now and pass emissions? I know my overall turbo performance might suffer but...just to keep my car legal I'd take the hit...

Let me know!!

I already have my custom innercooler made for my bodykit,my JGS tools turbo header with flange and my boost guage...I know I need a vortech 4:1 FMU,oil lines...but which turbo would be the best for MID RANGE power?
CelicaST_CALI
ready to pay premium...?
95CelicaST
ready to pay premium...?

....I'm sooo tired of hearing that. Premium isn't going to break the bank. 20 cents more per gallon... you might pay an additional 3 bucks per fill up..... wow!
jcaron9gt4
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Sep 4, 2007 - 11:12 PM) [snapback]593457[/snapback]

ready to pay premium...?

....I'm sooo tired of hearing that. Premium isn't going to break the bank. 20 cents more per gallon... you might pay an additional 3 bucks per fill up..... wow!

exactly lol. 20 cents more x 14 gallons = $2.80..... even if it was $10 extra in gas...i think boost is worth it wink.gif
Blakout16
a vortech 4:1 huh? im gonna run 12:1 on my 4afte, runnining a garret t3 airesearch 40 trim. with 7mgte 440cc injectors.... meh just go over to my thread and look at my build list, if u want an all over range of power then copy my build tongue.gif
im aiming for 200 hp.
CelicaST_CALI
any of yall been to cali,ya thats right shut it lol
Harold_Fastwaker

ready to pay premium...?

Heh, well from the way Celi answers all his posts I would say hes 16. So $3 more is a huge chunk of the allowance. laugh.gif

For turbos I would just go with the CT26 like most. I wouldn't mess with a T3 if you do not plan on opening up your exhaust.
Blakout16
sooo, is that why almost all ST's run with a 40-60 trim garrett t3? ever imagine the amount of lag one will have with a 1.8L on a ct26? also t3 benefits the flow of the 7afe head.
jcaron9gt4
QUOTE(CelicaST_CALI @ Sep 12, 2007 - 12:59 AM) [snapback]595319[/snapback]

any of yall been to cali,ya thats right shut it lol

once again, wtf are you talking about.
playr158
use a T3 60 trim and it should give you the power where you want it.
Catalytic converters these days really don't prove much of a restriction so just get a new cat to replace your old one along with the correct size, you might want to pump your piping up to 2.5" w/a magnaflow cat.
CelicaST_CALI
QUOTE(Harold_Fastwaker @ Sep 11, 2007 - 10:46 PM) [snapback]595335[/snapback]

ready to pay premium...?

Heh, well from the way Celi answers all his posts I would say hes 16. So $3 more is a huge chunk of the allowance. laugh.gif

For turbos I would just go with the CT26 like most. I wouldn't mess with a T3 if you do not plan on opening up your exhaust.

hey shut up,lol jk,ya this highschool student cant afford boost
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.