Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keep my st engine or put my 5sfe in?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
zero07
Just wondering if i should swap my 5fse camry engine into my car, (camrys wrecked) still runs.
200,000 well maintained miles on it, 136,00 miles in the celica. any suggestions?
playr158
switching to a 5sfe motor is completely worthless price doesn't justify the means since 3sgte = same swap cost
zero07
But i already have the 5sfe sittin at my house, i guess i should have mentioned that.
devilsden97
read the stickies under engine/transmission maintence. Then go to the forced induction stickies, and read one about Defgephs 3sgte RC swap.

Defgeph went from an ST to a 3sgte, his info includes alot of usefull info about swaps (in general) and more specificly, going from ST parts to GT parts, that are required to put in a 3sgte. But many of those parts would also be required to drop a 5sfe into an ST.
zero07
Thats good info thanks, if i did choose to drop the 5sfe in would that be worth it or save for a 3sgte.
playr158
refer to my initial post.

its not.
lagos
it would be about as worth it as doing a silvertop swap tongue.gif.

if you already have the motor, trans, harness and ecu, then all you would need is the motor mounts and axles. do it if you want a project, but don't expect huge gains from it. for that you need something like a 3s.
Vissi
go 3s and sell ur 5s to me XP.
goferris
turn the 5sfe into a 5sfte with a mr2t tranny mated to it and it might make it worth it. other wise sell the motor and put that towards a 3sgte or beams.
zero07
I appreciate all the input and i think im gonna wait and do a 3s. in the meantime, ill work on the exterior of the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.