Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5SFTE Project Time
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Pages: 1, 2, 3
CaliJeff
I plan on having it running either late September, or early October.
For my resources, I looked many times at sites such as www.alltrac.net and www.mr2oc.com amongst fellow 6gc posts smile.gif Here are some links which helped me. Presure2 6strings jcaron9gt4 IC Piping

*Turbo Parts Collected*
CT26 Turbo
3sgte Exhaust manifold
3sgte Downpipe (stock dp for now)
3sgte 2 bar MAP Sensor -Pt #84420-17030
3sgte oil pan & Oil hard line
RX7 460cc Injectors - Pt #195500-2010
Canton Racing Oil Relocation Kit - Pt #22-595

*Parts Needed*
3sgte CT26 coolant line
TurboXS Type H BOV - Pt #BOV
28x7x3 intercooler & 2.25" Aluminum IC Piping
255 Walbro fuel pump - Pt #GSS 342; install kit #400-765
Apex'i AFC Neo #401-A917
Oil Take Off -Dual Outlet- Pt #OTODK
NGK spark plugs - Pt # BKR7E
Oil Restricter - Pt #ATP-OIL-022
(2) -3an to 1/8npt steel fittings - PT # EAR961603ERL
3an 18" steel braided hose

*Stuff for ease*

GReddy Full Auto Timer- Pt #15500020; Harness #15910004
TwosRUs MBC
Devils Own Methanol Injection Kit

All my necessary 3sgte turbo parts have come off an 90-03 all trac. I'm talking to a guy about the coolant line for the CT26 rite now. I'm gonna get it off of an alltrac ct26 as well. The line looks a little bit different than the mr2 ct26 coolant line. One thing i noticed too is that the all trac MAP sensor has green label, as where the MR2 MAP sensor has a goldish label. I just thought that was interesting.

Anyway, i'm getting an ACT Streetdisc & Heavy Duty PP installed Thursday. I'm also going to pick up my oil relocation kit that day as well.

MUCH more to come, including pictures and more info. I just typed this up really quick while i was at work. In the mean time, please give any other info u guys can help me on.

PS I'm gonna be sending in my fuel injectors to get cleaned this week as well.

Oil line without editing IPB Image

Turbo/Manifold/DP/Wastegate actuator IPB Image

Map Sensor IPB Image

Oil pan IPB Image

Hot pipe w/ stock bpv IPB Image

Canton/Trans dapt/Oil filter/Stainless steel oil relocation kit IPB Image

Walbro fuel pump IPB Image

presure2
your also gonna need the lines and fittings to go with your relocation parts. the canton adapter is not a kit, its just the block adapter
CaliJeff
oh yeh, heh. i'm getting the canton to go on to the engine, and i'm gonna get a trans dapt filter adaptor for the other end. the lines i believe are gonna be -10an steel braided.
6strngs
where are you getting the clutch installed? and hey, I got my canton racing adaptor at livermore performance; a website I found that carries it. It's not an actual shop, I think it's just 2 guys running a business out of a residence on the other side of town; cause I picked it up at some guys house. the guys there are real cool though. Check out their website and give them an e-mail and they should either have one or could get one for you.

also, I'd get two 45* or 90* 1/2" NPT to -10an adaptors or 45* or 90* hose ends for your relocation kit, cause mine hit my downpipe and are crimped just a little. I want to get some, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'll try to help you out as much as I can with it smile.gif
CaliJeff
i'm gettin my clutch and PP installed at Modacar. I talked to the guy and said he can do everything for 750. Installment & parts smile.gif

Anyway, my internet is down i'm having to use my parents computer for my the next week or so for updates.

For the 1/2" NPT to -10an adaptors, where did u get urs previously nathan?

BTW i'm gonna go thru Livermore Performance to get the canton stuff. the part number is 22-595 right?
presure2
QUOTE(CaliJeff @ Sep 3, 2007 - 3:47 PM) [snapback]593018[/snapback]

i'm gettin my clutch and PP installed at Modacar. I talked to the guy and said he can do everything for 750. Installment & parts smile.gif

Anyway, my internet is down i'm having to use my parents computer for my the next week or so for updates.

BTW i'm gonna go thru Livermore Performance to get the canton stuff. the part number is 22-595 right?

i used summitracing.com for all my parts, fast shipping and all. smile.gif
6strngs
QUOTE(CaliJeff @ Sep 3, 2007 - 12:47 PM) [snapback]593018[/snapback]

I think that is the right part number. and yeah, I got my adaptors from summit racing. anyway, I did something wrong and had a small electrical fire on my engine about half hour ago and I think I'm gonna give up on the celica, so if you want some turbo parts I could sell some of mine.
CaliJeff
... how did u get the electrical fire? i'll be glad to take some of those parts off ur hands.
CaliJeff
Question to anyone who has the 5sfte. how many IC pipes, and of what kind, are u using on the hot side?
1bwilson
DG welded up my IC piping years ago Jeff but if I were to guess in measurements of U bends Id say from turbo to IC 3 U's cut well. Maybe 3.5.
6strngs
on the hot side I've got the 180 degree bend, a 45 degree bend, and one 90 degree bend cut down to fit. I have a 45 degree coupler going from turbo to 180, I have a straight coupler going from 180 to 45 (though it needs a 45 degree coupler!) then a straight coupler from the 45 to the 90, and then a reducing 90 degree coupler from the 90 to the IC. the piping is 2.25 but my IC inlets are 2.5 so I needed a reducing coupler.

on the other side I've got 4 90 degree bends with two 2.25 to 2.5 couplers, and the rest straight couplers. plus I have a section of the stock mr2 piping so I can use the mr2 bov. I'd say you'd need one more 90 without that pipe, but I know you were considering doing something different on this side of the IC.

I have a couple extra straight couplers I'd sell for a couple bucks a piece if you want. they're blue though.
CaliJeff
blue is fine. i might pick that up later.

Anyway, my computer is still down so i'm on my parents computer again (sigh). I'll be able to upload pix once i get my comp up and running again.

Currently, my car as at the shop to have the pp and clutch installed, along with the rear main seal and gaskets replaced. I figure i might just do this as well because i don't want something like 6strings engine to happen to me.
CaliJeff
So the place which was gonna work on the clutch/pp/rear main seal wasnt able to do the job. they broke their main braker, and was unable to do it. They are referring me to a place which will do it tomorrow. i'll update u guys later.
CaliJeff
Minor update: Just dropped off the car to get the PP, clutch, rear main seal, and flywheel resurfaced at a shop for 451.00. They offer 2 yr / 200,000 mi warranty on their service. Hopefully i'll get it back tomorrow with no bad signs ! smile.gif
6strngs
dang, I paid 700 for just the installation of my clutch (and pp) and flywheel, where'd you take yours?
CaliJeff
Tri valley clutch In dublin. off of dublin blvd, across the street from the park.
CaliJeff
So i didn't the car back today, because I am at work, but they test drived it, AND SAID IT KICKS A$$ ! Woot. I'mma pick him up tomorrow, and hopefully relocate my battery, maybe do the oil relocation kit as well.
6strngs
QUOTE(CaliJeff @ Sep 12, 2007 - 5:43 PM) [snapback]595565[/snapback]

So i didn't the car back today, because I am at work, but they test drived it, AND SAID IT KICKS A$$ ! Woot. I'mma pick him up tomorrow, and hopefully relocate my battery, maybe do the oil relocation kit as well.

if you relocate your battery you should bring it over so I can see how you did it. I want to relocate mine but I don't quite understand how to do it.
CaliJeff
kk. BTW, monument sells 4 gauge wire for like 2.99 per foot.
So i just got the car back from the shop, and WOW ! I can totally feel the difference in the clutch. The clutch has more tension and wants to pop up right away. Also, i have to relearn it a lil cuz i almost stalled it a couple times lol. Further updates later. Gotta get to work !
CaliJeff
Just ordered the following.
Oil Take Off -Dual Outlet- Pt #OTODK
(2) -3an to 1/8npt steel fittings - PT # EAR961603ERL
NGK spark plugs - Pt # BKR7E
TwosRUs MBC - Red
(2) 1/2" NPT to -10an adaptors (the stainless steel tubing is going to have 1 90 degree and 1 straight angle)

Edit: forgot to mention that i ordered a battery relocation kit as well.
CaliJeff
Parts left that i need...

28x7x3 intercooler & 2.25" Aluminum IC Piping
3an 18" steel braided feed line

almost there guys !!!
CaliJeff
So i'm thinking of getting this one. I know this is a good brand, and it'll hold up to the psi and hp. Let me know.

Here
6strngs
QUOTE(CaliJeff @ Sep 21, 2007 - 11:28 AM) [snapback]597911[/snapback]

So i'm thinking of getting this one. I know this is a good brand, and it'll hold up to the psi and hp. Let me know.

Here

looks good. can't complain about the price either!
CaliJeff
kk, it shall be mine then !! ordering it as we speak smile.gif
CaliJeff
this is how i would do right?

Oil restrictor - 3an Adaptor - Oil take off adaptor
IPB Image
jcaron9gt4
QUOTE(CaliJeff @ Sep 22, 2007 - 11:51 PM) [snapback]598231[/snapback]

this is how i would do right?

Oil restrictor - 3an Adaptor - Oil take off adaptor
IPB Image

doesnt your oil feed line have a male end on it?, i thought mine did, if so...you can get rid of the -3an adapter, and just spin the oil restrictor around and go right into the T. I dont know what your feed line looks like though.
CaliJeff
neither do i lol. i get it tuesday i believe. i can't remember if it has a male end or female. Another question, i don't need any teflon tape here right? and what about the oil line, do i need teflon tape to connect it to the oil restrictor?
6strngs
QUOTE(CaliJeff @ Sep 23, 2007 - 9:39 AM) [snapback]598315[/snapback]

neither do i lol. i get it tuesday i believe. i can't remember if it has a male end or female. Another question, i don't need any teflon tape here right? and what about the oil line, do i need teflon tape to connect it to the oil restrictor?

yeah, you'll want teflone tape on everything. except for on the block adaptor where it connects to the block. but everything else.
presure2
you should not be using teflon tape on any of the AN fittings.
only the NPT fittings should get it.
AN fittings are flared to seal tight.
CaliJeff
kk.
CaliJeff
So i got my gauges. Where do you put the wires thru the firewall?
6strngs
pull off the drivers side wheel and fender plastic and you'll see some wires that run into the passenger compartment from the engine bay. that's the route I followed.
CaliJeff
so one thing i have to figure out is, where to put my oil temp sensor. My oil pressure sensor is on the tunertoyz t. any ideas where to put the other? the only other way i can think of is to put on a sandwhich plate on the oil filter, so i can go in that way... tho i do not want to.
other question is relative to my water temp gauge. does anybody know the diamater for the INNER side of the radiator hose?
thanks in advance!
CaliJeff
So FYI, i found out that for the inner side of the radiator hose is 32 mm. So now i'm gonna get a tap-in for that sensor.
1bwilson
Couldnt you just pop the sender into where your T'ing the coolent into your turbo? Does the sender have the same pipe thread style sender as the oil one?
CaliJeff
i believe the sensor is 1/8 NPT. I looked at the oil temp sensor and the h20 sensor side by side as well. they appear to be the same thing. i used prosport premium gauges, and they sell adaptors with 1/8 NPT sensor threading as well to go along with the h20 sensor. it's $28 for the 32 mm adaptor. my oil pressure sensor is premium as well, it's a lot more sleak and james bondish to me lol. i'll put more pix up later of it. the sender is 1/8 NPT as well for that one too. it screws jsut fine into the Tuner Toyz fitting.

also, got my oil feed line (yay). both ends are female. 1 is 90 degree and 1 is straight.
6strngs
you could try to get another one of those brass Tees from monument like I gave you. they are like 3 or 4 dollars. then cut off the nipple that sticks out and get a 1/8" NPT tap and see if you can put threads in that and then just tee into one of the turbo coolant lines. and then you can just thread your fitting into that. cause I really don't understand how you are supposed to tap into the big radiator hose.
CaliJeff
Like this. It's the 10th one down. Prosport Gauge Hardware.
CaliJeff
so here is my feed line i got along with the oil pressure sensor.
IPB Image

Here's the whole line
IPB Image

THe MBC
IPB Image

Spark plugs
IPB Image

Parts needed down to nuts and bolts.
bolt for Wastegate actuator bracket -?
oil pan gasket - ?
Oil line gasket - $8
oil return line - $30 - Pending w/ someone
IC piping - $120 w/ shipping - already know where to get it
Exhuast piping from cat to DP - $100_200 ?
1bwilson
That coolent settup is nice and all but you could get the same settup with a T fitting (All 3 sides female npt) 2 3/8's barb hose fittings with male ends. Shouldnt cost more then $5 in parts from a plumbing store
CaliJeff
where would i "T" in to then? Cuz i have to take the turbo off techincally when i go into smog. if i tap-in to the radiator hose, i can keep everything legit.
1bwilson
If your running the coolent plumbing from under the TB you could just pop a T fitting into the prong fitting or whatever your using to extend the coolent lines. I added an extra 14 inches or so onto each coolent line with the barb fitting, plenty of room for a sender in there.
CaliJeff
small update. i got in a bike accident yesterday. i won't be able to work on the car for maybe a week or 2. hopefully sooner. i had an IV in each arm, and several cat scans. i got road rash all up my right side of my face and my hands/arms, which went along with a concussion following a blackout. it's alright tho, got myself a bunch of Norco, should help a lil.

i'll keep u guys posted.

Love your fellow 6GC member,
Jeff

PS I'll get better fast, swear !
1bwilson
Get well and feel better soon dude!
6strngs
hope you feel better soon! livermore needs another turbo 6gc!
Element
how could you go and do a thing like that???

hope you get to feeling better...can't wait to see how the project turns out!
CaliJeff
So after 3 weeks of finally getting well or at least better as to what i was before, i'm going to resume my project. i ordered a KO DP instead of the one i received from 6strings (sold it back to him), and i need to now just save up a lil bit of money again in order to need the following items:

3s oil drain line
intercooler piping
magnaflow highflow cat
custom piping from dp to cat

PS: For those who have an aftermarket oil temp. sensor, where did u make an adaptor or where did u place the sensor? The only way i have been able to think of is the sandwhich plate adaptor - which i do not want to buy. Please state ur input, thanks guys !
LewFX
do you wanna buy my 3" magnaflow cat convertor?
CaliJeff
neg, i'm doing 2.5" all the way.
CaliJeff
another question. for the coolant lines, underneath the throttle body, does it matter which lines from the turbo go to? or just hook up to what i can. i know there is 3 of em, and i need to use the one to the left, and the one to the right.

Next question, when i tee into the line for the preturbo, do i need to hook up the line before the catch can, or can someone else further explain this please smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.