Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting a 3SGTE outside of engine bay
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
qatar11
Has anyone tried starting their 3SGTE outside of the engine bay? Possibly in some kind of make shift engine holder?
lagos
i have a video of one, somewhere on my pc. but, why would you want to do that? it would probably take less time to drop it into a celica, then it would to build a bench test rig thats only going to be used once.
playr158
they have them....

they call them....engine dynos
toyotacrazy
QUOTE(lagos @ Sep 17, 2007 - 12:55 PM) [snapback]596714[/snapback]

i have a video of one, somewhere on my pc. but, why would you want to do that? it would probably take less time to drop it into a celica, then it would to build a bench test rig thats only going to be used once.

X2 just put it in the car
qatar11
QUOTE(playr158 @ Sep 17, 2007 - 2:01 PM) [snapback]596717[/snapback]

they have them....

they call them....engine dynos

Yes, thank you Capitan oblivious

Bah this thing better start
CilverSeliST205
I would "start" with it outside of the bay. I would closley inspect it for anything that can/should be replaced like broken timing belt cover, that would be easier while chilling outside the bay. If your into that show car look then i would polish or high-temp coat all used-to-be shiny parts like the heat shield or valve cover. and the bay is easier to get around in without the engine if you gotta run wiring, replace vaccum lines, put on heat shield sleeves or heat wrap parts, mount custom brackets for things like coil/ignitor etc. whatever cleanup and dressup...
yea i know all that is kind of obvious...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.