Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The fensport celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
frosty
I thought I would start a new post instead of hijacking kcizzles redline mag topic.

I went to fensports site and read the spec list on the 7th gen celica and pondered something.

Why did they use a modified 4wd corollas rear subframe instead of the st205's? The used a st205's rear differential though.

I'm already sending them an e-mail directly asking about it, but just didn't know what anybodys thoughts on here about it was?

I understand that it's a 7th gen celica but if they have to modify the subframes then why not keep it all "celica"?
goferris
QUOTE(frosty @ Sep 19, 2007 - 12:26 PM) [snapback]597336[/snapback]

I thought I would start a new post instead of hijacking kcizzles redline mag topic.

I went to fensports site and read the spec list on the 7th gen celica and pondered something.

Why did they use a modified 4wd corollas rear subframe instead of the st205's? The used a st205's rear differential though.

I'm already sending them an e-mail directly asking about it, but just didn't know what anybodys thoughts on here about it was?

I understand that it's a 7th gen celica but if they have to modify the subframes then why not keep it all "celica"?

my only guess is because the 6th gen is a bit smaller so the 6th gen would be too big. other than that i wouldn't be able to tell you.
also i think this belongs in off topic
frosty
I got an e-mail from fensport. Here's their answer:

The corolla awd shares virtually the same chassis and floorpan as the celica G7, so the subframe essentially bolts on, takes all the stock suspension arms,which means the wheels are in the correct place, and then only the diff carrier is modified to suit the gt4 diff.

TheGT4 subframe is cumbersome and heavy and doesn`t fit the new celica at all.

It also means I can enter the car in more events as the chassis is virtually stock

Best Regards
Adrian

That's very interesting to know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.