Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
kevindkh15
Hey,

I'm looking to do a engine/trany swap out of my 1994 celica ST with a 3sgte. I found a couple of these engines with transmission for $1800 to $2200. What other parts would I need to upgrade to make this a safe car? Axels and brakes?

Thanks,
Kevin
xs94st
custom motormounts..ecu..exhaust..axles..upgrade brake rotors/pads..tranny crossmember..wiring harness (if not included)..fuel pump..boost timer..upgrade clutch..

thats some stuff, im sure other peeps will help ya out
kevindkh15
ecu, wiring, boost timer and clutch is already included in the package for $2200.

So I'm probably looking at $2200 for engine/trany w/ ecu, wiring, boost timer, and clutch... and then another $1000 for brakes, does that sound like a fair price? How much would the axels cost?
Jared95
bumb ?? is it possible to do a full swap with getting wiring done by a shop for ?3400 or less i know i've read the stickies but i just want some personal opinions? got a 95 ST
BigRog95
I've got a 95 ST as well and I just happend to get lucky and buy an entire 89 celica with a 3SGTE engine along with everything i'll need for a swap, for $700. So I got lucky. Just look up car clips instead of the engine, car clips usually come with everything that you'll need for the swap.

Now that I am getting this 89 celica, i'm just going tos ave up to get the swap, then get the swap and scrap the 89.
kevindkh15
Thanks... anyone know any shops in Wisconsin that do this swap?
Dr_Tweak
I can take care of the wiring for you. Check out my website:

http://www.phoenixtuning.com/

Email or call: drtweak@phoenixtuning.com or 404-474-4573

-Doc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.