Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temperature Drops at High Speed
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
TargetXeno
Hi, when I start my car it's up and running just fine: the temperature gradually increases to an optimal level. However, when I start driving at high speeds, my temperature mysteriously drops down to the lowest level. It goes back up when it is stopped. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my car? I appreciate the help. Thanks!

JOhn
manphibian
QUOTE(TargetXeno @ Oct 12, 2007 - 11:05 PM) [snapback]604452[/snapback]

Hi, when I start my car it's up and running just fine: the temperature gradually increases to an optimal level. However, when I start driving at high speeds, my temperature mysteriously drops down to the lowest level. It goes back up when it is stopped. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my car? I appreciate the help. Thanks!

JOhn

sounds to me like your thermostat could be on the way out, and it's letting too much water into the rad. it's a pretty cheap part and easy to change so probably worth doing thumbsup.gif
team_omega
yeah...mine was the same as yours too....that would be your thermostat like manphibian said. If you drive it too long it will over heat....i learned it the hard way...
rjbibeau
yep thermostat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.