Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4AFTE / 7AFTE owner, need your assist
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
normality78
Alright, i've been pm some members here who is having either 4AFTE / 7AFTE setup here to find out what is their power numbers they able to achieve. As i suspected there is a some flaw on my setup which i cant hit as impressive power figure as those bros here even almost similar setup.

Im trying to find out what wrong with my setup? On the dyno day, the only problem found was there was a leaking at the joint session between turbo manifold flange to turbo flange. But im skeptical that problem will cause me lost alot of power. Pls correct me if im wrong.

now im thinking to fully rebuilt my turbokit or i can do something on it. Thought of changing turbo and having some turbo choice in my head but i'll start another thread on that.

All negative and positive feedback/opinion/suggestion welcome.

Below is my recent dyno result.
IPB Image

Current setup was:
custom made turbo manifold
IHI RHB52
2.5" downpipe
2.2" from downpipe to dummy CAT
2" frm DUmmy CAT till straight flow muffler
2.5" s/steel pipe to IC
2.5" s/steel pipping frm IC thn having reducer to 2" s/steel pipping to TB
some ebay IC (590 x 230 x 67)

This is my turbo manifold.
http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc003018us.jpg

This is my downpipe
http://img439.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc003970xl.jpg

This is my IC
http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00310ba3.jpg

Celiracer18
the RHB52 is really good for about 170-180ish HP from what ive gathered in the corners of the net. Is the turbo in good condition? i really dont know why it would be that low cause you should be in like the 180 range with that boost level
95CelicaST
What are you doing for fuel? Larger fuel pump? Injectors?

Boost leaks at all?

I am pointing to the Turbo.
normality78
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Oct 18, 2007 - 12:52 AM) [snapback]606035[/snapback]

What are you doing for fuel? Larger fuel pump? Injectors?

Boost leaks at all?

I am pointing to the Turbo.

As for fuel side, im having 310cc injector with slyvia S15 fuel pump. So far tuner didnt complain not enough fuel.

As for boost leak at the turbin level, im not sure. Are you pointing to actuator as well? the only leak is at the connection flange between turbo manifold and turbin
Blakout16
holy crap, am i reading this right? 19.83 torque.... the flow on that turbo blows btw.
whens your boost kick in ?
ur running a little lean in the lower rpms if it kicks in around 3k....
but you're A/F looks good... with almost pushing 15psi u should've been hitting around 200+
i dont think its the turbo at all.
your clutch is going im thinking, no big flaws in the performance aspect.
normality78
QUOTE(Blakout16 @ Oct 18, 2007 - 2:20 AM) [snapback]606054[/snapback]

holy crap, am i reading this right? 19.83 torque.... the flow on that turbo blows btw.
whens your boost kick in ?
ur running a little lean in the lower rpms if it kicks in around 3k....
but you're A/F looks good... with almost pushing 15psi u should've been hitting around 200+
i dont think its the turbo at all.
your clutch is going im thinking, no big flaws in the performance aspect.

hm.... my boost started to build around 2800rpm onwards i believe. cant confirm but will check it out again. yeah, i did notice my A/F does show lean on lower rpm but not sure why.

i've been running 15psi for 2 years now. I also suspect there is some sliping at gearbox.
normality78
i did lost some faith on this turbo now and also the manifold. so im looking to change it.

next im going to replicated exact same unit as picture show (this belong to my fren)
IPB Image

IPB Image

Reason why i choose to do top mount coz im plan to use Garrett T28 and i think its not going to have enough space should i place it below. most likely it will block my oil filter. Another reason is the manifold runner looks simple and short enough hence i believe it will improve my turbo respond not to mentioned T28 ball bearing turbo.

what you guys think? By the way, do u think my IC is abit too big?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.