Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: poor seller warning: 94Celicaguy
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
boosted_K2
been months since i sent out my money order. still no mirrors or flange. ive been informed they were shipped weeks ago, no tracking #, nothing. just me getting Fed out of 175 bucks
Supersprynt
perhaps a section containing feedbacks should be created?
A sticky in buying and selling?
Coomer
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Aug 12, 2003 - 6:59 AM)
perhaps a section containing feedbacks should be created?
A sticky in buying and selling?

This has kind of been discussed before, and the thing is that you can't tell who's telling the truth and who's not in some cases. In this case, it's clear that 94Celicaguy didn't pay you K2, but in some cases it's not so clear.

For example, say someone sent out something to a buyer and expected payment to be sent for the item. The buyer recieved the item and said he sent out payment times, but the seller claims he's never recieved payment. The seller complains that he's never received payment, while the buyer in return complains that he did send payment. Who do you believe?

Because of all the problems with the members not paying or not sending stuff, I've thought about removing the buying/selling forum, because it sometimes leads to someone getting screwed, which infuriates whoever gets screwed out of their money or products, makes me angry, and makes the site look bad. frown.gif

By the way K2, I'm sorry to hear about that. Hit me up when I'm on AIM and we'll see if we can track him down and get your money.
Supersprynt
Yeah thats right, but I dont think taking out the buying/selling forum is going to stop people from posting stuff for sale ya know? its kinda inevitable.
Coomer
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Aug 12, 2003 - 9:58 AM)
Yeah thats right, but I dont think taking out the buying/selling forum is going to stop people from posting stuff for sale ya know? its kinda inevitable.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just feel really bad when someone gets screwed on the site, especially when it's someone like K2 who helps everyone and is one of the nicest and most knowledgable people on here.
boosted_K2
thanks coomer. yea theres no real way to do a good feedback section. most people are really good about doing business on the internet. its just some people feel that they can take their sweet old time sending the stuff out or no one will catch them if they dont. i guess you live and learn.
Supersprynt
Yeah but i have always felt confident in buying/selling on this site because the people on here just seem nicer than everyone else. Honda people are always pricks.
Inferno
Sorry that happened to you, Tim. ;_;.
boosted_K2
thanks guys. i know it sucks, but atleast it happened before someone else got screwed over even more. im sure he probably didnt intend to rip me off, just the whole thing got botched somehow.
ToYCeLi8
You know what the a ****ing ***** unfotunatly he did the same to me. I sent my money order before you did and NO INTERCOOLER. Now i have to go spend $300+ to get another one. This guys is an a$$. he claims that he never recieved my payment, and he never responds to my emails nor PM's.

And i thought the people on here were cool, oh well.... frown.gif
Komlofske
That's is two accounts of this guy, someone should do something about getting this guy off the site or something. Or making some sort of banner stating not to send any mony to such-n-such person. That sucks.
blkGT
Well If you know where he lives maybe a member who knows him or lives near him could give him a call. There is a chance, theres a mix-up goin on. And flaming on him isnt gonna get anyone their money or products back. Although it sux, we need someone to get in touch with him.
poddjam
Coomer,

Maybe in order to protect the people on the site, both buyers & sellers, we could create some guidelines. For instance when mailing a check or money order, use certified mail so you have proof & when shipping a product, you would def have documentation, including a tracking number.

Also before buying & selling people can exchange contact info or submit it to the site for verification, phone #'s, address, email etc.

That would help us be able to decide whats true and a feedback section would work.
Coomer
QUOTE (poddjam @ Aug 28, 2003 - 6:55 AM)
Coomer,

Maybe in order to protect the people on the site, both buyers & sellers, we could create some guidelines. For instance when mailing a check or money order, use certified mail so you have proof & when shipping a product, you would def have documentation, including a tracking number.

Also before buying & selling people can exchange contact info or submit it to the site for verification, phone #'s, address, email etc.

That would help us be able to decide whats true and a feedback section would work.

I already advise people to use an escrow service in the post in the buying/selling forum that everyone should read before they post. Maybe I'll put something in there about using certified mail or whatever too. Can someone find out exactly how that works?

As for exchanging contact information, I think most people already do that, but I could put something in my sticky post about that too. smile.gif Submitting it to the site for verification wouldn't work I don't think, because I don't have the time to verify peoples' contact information and stuff.

What does everyone else think?
Chrobis
Sending something certified mail, or by UPS, or FEDEX, means that upon arrival the reciever has to sign for there mail. Meaning there is a signature record of that person recieving said material, and it is upstanding in court. For USPS you have to pay extra, UPS and FedEx do this in their regular service. I know that as of now, atleast FedEx, you can actually bring the signature up online. (I use to work at FedEx)

P.S. Everyone should be using this for any payment, they send to anyone, on this site or not.
3TST
I hate to this when it happens...someone being out of pocket really sucks.
It's difficult to know who's trust worthy or not.

I personally buy and sell the majority of my things on eBay - may be that's the way to go as you have some sort of security (PayPal, BidPay)
Having said that, I'm still waiting, and in discussion with, a company that sold me brembo rotors almost 6 months ago!

As for UPS and FedEx they are very expensives services compared to USPS (especially for international shipping) and even these reputable services mess up!

Damn, I hope something can be worked out for you guys.
Mynzeyes
UPS and FedEx do not always require a signature. like today, the UPS guy left a package on my front porch while i was sittin right there, and he didn't even knock or anything. FedEX, the MAJORITY, of the time will get a signature, if not always. BUT, it's kinda rediculous to spend the money to send the little money order fedex, so the best bet is to do it regular mail w/ Delivery Confirmation. i think it's like, 30cents extra. i ALWAYS get DC on my money orders, even if they are going to someone that is trustworthy. i just like knowin where and when my stuff gets somewhere. wink.gif.

so, in conclusion, just spend the extra few pennies, and go regular USPS mail, and get Delivery Confirmation...that way, you know it gets there, and the person you sent it to knows that you know it got there. tongue.gif

-John-
Chrobis
All I said was UPS and FedEx offered it! and letters, or "Docs" as there called by these companies, are really not that expensive to ship. And UPS and FedEx will drop the package if it has been "released" meaning the sender signed it to be left without signature. So, if you send it "unreleased" they wont deliver it without a signature, unless that person has a release on their address which still puts them liable for any packages released at their address.

But USPS with delivery confirmation is the probably the best bet.
Kwanza
QUOTE (vphmc @ Aug 29, 2003 - 5:16 PM)
As for UPS and FedEx they are very expensives services compared to USPS (especially for international shipping) and even these reputable services mess up!

I would say opposite... depending on the package. USPS quoted me last year $90 something to ship a 45lb computer (iMac) Priority to Canada from California... while UPS shipped it Insured for a little under $40. Again, it depends on what you're trying to ship. Smaller stuff, will probably be cheaper through USPS...but big heavy stuff is definately cheaper through FedEx or UPS... although I don't like FedEX much cause they've done some stupid ass things to my shipments before...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.