6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Exterior Styling
Rayme
Here is it finally ! As promised!

IPB Image

More information on aiming
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17073

Everything retrofitting / HID
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17073

Some people asked about the cost. Let me just say if you buy everythign NEW it will go up in the 700$+. Use ebay.

COST :
Projectors: They go from under 100$ to 200$, xenon or bixenons(high beam included).
Ballast: Cheapest ones will be around 100$, expect to pay 150-200$ for good ones.
D2S bulbs : probably around 40-50$ used. The normal color is 4300 K (white).
Clear Lens : You can either get the stock lens defrosted or buy clear lens from me. 100$
Misc: Screws and tools if you don't have all necessary. $$$
Shipping for all those individual items : ~50-80
Total cost : 390-630$.
ra65_22re
WoW this will really come in handy this weekend!! Rayme this has got to be the best illustrated how-to ever!
bccentaur3
Nice how to. I didn't know you had to take the bumper out to get the headlights out. Good info.
lubu
This is deffintely one of the better illustrated how-to. Sticky this.
kerosene
oh blooooody F***ing thanks!
K-ESD
Remy retrofit king bowdown.gif
Jaws4God
amazing! that is just awesome!!
jmastaniza
Nice job I cant wait to make mine.
burmeseboy
woowww great HOW TO i say all HOW TOs should be great like this one I SAY STICKY!
elvasoshexai
wow.. this is 1 of the nicest how-to i've seen...
presure2
amazing job man.
this is better than most manufacturers instructions. lol
added to the stickys!
xs94st
great how to! when i find some HID's and projectors imma use this!!

how did u make the pictures so awesome???
phonex98
awesome how to dude. Thanks for the contribution smile.gif

ps. The only problem is its a jpeg file... which we all know from looking at old posts, eventually die. Maybe if this gets stickied coomer/a mod can host it on 6gc ? Kinda like the how-to's on the main page.
Rayme
QUOTE(xs94st @ Oct 19, 2007 - 1:04 PM) [snapback]606522[/snapback]
great how to! when i find some HID's and projectors imma use this!!

how did u make the pictures so awesome???

I'm a graphic designer, I do those for a living tongue.gif
kerosene
Rayme, would help if you told everyone which projecters, which light...prices... and any minor detail...
elvasoshexai
QUOTE(kerosene @ Oct 19, 2007 - 4:54 PM) [snapback]606622[/snapback]

Rayme, would help if you told everyone which projecters, which light...prices... and any minor detail...

u just need projectors that fit width/depth wise... he used infiniti FX projectors. supradog (i think) and i got TSX projectors... dustin has e46 projectors i think... as for bulbs... i have philips... i think most popular are philips/osram... OEM is 4300K if colour is what ur asking... ballasts... there are lots... i think philips/hella/bosch/etc... i use matsu****a gen3. they r supposed 2 b slim and small and sealed.

u can find projectors and ballasts and bulbs all over the web... projectors can range from <100 to probably 300 for bi-xenon
kerosene
QUOTE(elvasoshexai @ Oct 19, 2007 - 5:28 PM) [snapback]606646[/snapback]

u just need projectors that fit width/depth wise... he used infiniti FX projectors. supradog (i think) and i got TSX projectors... dustin has e46 projectors i think... as for bulbs... i have philips... i think most popular are philips/osram... OEM is 4300K if colour is what ur asking... ballasts... there are lots... i think philips/hella/bosch/etc... i use matsu****a gen3. they r supposed 2 b slim and small and sealed.

u can find projectors and ballasts and bulbs all over the web... projectors can range from <100 to probably 300 for bi-xenon

he used lexus projectors, he told me yesterday... and he tole me it will be an aditional 300 for all other, thought that might be important to clearify...
elvasoshexai
QUOTE(kerosene @ Oct 19, 2007 - 7:00 PM) [snapback]606652[/snapback]

QUOTE(elvasoshexai @ Oct 19, 2007 - 5:28 PM) [snapback]606646[/snapback]

he used lexus projectors, he told me yesterday... and he tole me it will be an aditional 300 for all other, thought that might be important to clearify...

u mean rayme? it said in his original post he used fx projectors and lexus/denso ballasts... so... *shrugz*... mayb it was a typo or sumthin...

but expect to pay somewhere between 300-500 for parts... my setup cost somewhere between 400-500 for parts... but u can find em a lot cheaper now
kerosene
thats just for the low's though right... Highs also have to be done, which means all in all its a grand, and 800 gets you 4 jdm projectors...doesnt it
elvasoshexai
QUOTE(kerosene @ Oct 19, 2007 - 7:52 PM) [snapback]606672[/snapback]

thats just for the low's though right... Highs also have to be done, which means all in all its a grand, and 800 gets you 4 jdm projectors...doesnt it

i retroed projectors into my JDMs.. so u can image how much it cost LOL

but no... HIDs in high beams is generally NOT a good idea... normally, high beams are used to flash people... and HID bulbs will die very fast if u keep flashing them on and off... (it's normally a bad idea to turn on/off ur HIDs if ur driving a really short distance)

also, look @ how ur highs are aimed.. they are usually aimed higher... (ie, they aren't ment to be on all the time)... so... since projectors have a cut off... it kinda defeats the purpose of the highbeam as well....

altho people still do it.. and there are bi-xenon projectors...

so yea.. most ppl don't put HIDs in their highs
kerosene
my highs and lows are at the same level... yea i know they shouldn't be... but owell.... technically i can drive with all 4 on and it wouldnt be inpeoples faces...
jdg371
Any idea if the 00+ Celica projectors can work with this? I have a set of headlamps just collecting dust..
bccentaur3
You need to get the 03-05 projectors. The 00-02 didn't come factory with HID wink.gif.
stetsonaw
QUOTE(kerosene @ Oct 20, 2007 - 8:52 AM) [snapback]606672[/snapback]

That gets you Projector Lows and Clear Highs.
K-ESD
here's the breakdown of the cost for my retrofit.
bi-xenon FX35 projectors $75 shipped e-bay
X2 denso/toyota ballast with D2S bulbs (used) $160 shipped ebay
clear lens X4 (lows and highs) $85 (Rayme is local to me, no s/h price)
screws, nuts, silicone and misc hardware ~$10
time to complete 6-7hrs

Total : $330 (cnd)

It's the most best upgrade I've done on my Celica so far, in terms of functionality. I plan on doing a retrofit to my winter beater. I will not go back to reflector headlights. I feel a lot more comfortable driving at night and during crappy weather conditions.
elvasoshexai
QUOTE(jdg371 @ Oct 21, 2007 - 9:27 PM) [snapback]607078[/snapback]

Any idea if the 00+ Celica projectors can work with this? I have a set of headlamps just collecting dust..

i don't think thge 00+ celica ever came with HIDs... they just have halogen projectors... just like the projectors of the JDM lows...
K-ESD
QUOTE(elvasoshexai @ Oct 23, 2007 - 1:20 PM) [snapback]607638[/snapback]

QUOTE(jdg371 @ Oct 21, 2007 - 9:27 PM) [snapback]607078[/snapback]

i don't think thge 00+ celica ever came with HIDs... they just have halogen projectors... just like the projectors of the JDM lows...

04-06 Celica GT and GT-S had the option of HIDs

Projectors (think of a office projector) is what makes the work of putting light on the road, HIDs (high intensity discharge) is light just like halogens but much brighter and whiter. Seems some people get the two confused.

The projector unit, whatever vehicle it comes from (if small enough and in a whole unit), can be fitted inside the Celica reflector housing.
I'm almost certain that the 00+ Celica projector can be fitted into the 6gc headlight's reflector housing
Try opening up the headlight and to remove the projector unit from it.
Rayme
I head the projectors of celica headlights are part of the housing and can't removed "as a unit". It's what I heard, and I've never seen a celica projector for sale, so maybe it is true.
sous710
is there anyone willing to do this if headlights are shipped with some labor loot?
elvasoshexai
QUOTE(Rayme @ Oct 23, 2007 - 7:09 PM) [snapback]607760[/snapback]

I head the projectors of celica headlights are part of the housing and can't removed "as a unit". It's what I heard, and I've never seen a celica projector for sale, so maybe it is true.

i don't kno about 00+, but the projectors in the JDM lows are part of the housing. i had to cut mine out to remove them

QUOTE(sous710 @ Oct 23, 2007 - 7:35 PM) [snapback]607772[/snapback]

is there anyone willing to do this if headlights are shipped with some labor loot?

i thought rayme offered a retro service or sumthin. and i believe a few others here do it too? customlightz does this for $250 (if u supply all the parts)

and there are a whole bunch of places all over the states that do it (was hard to find retrofitters in canada)
jdg371
Ill rip my spare headlights apart and see if they can be removed..
ETNRIDER
QUOTE(K-ESD @ Oct 22, 2007 - 7:24 PM) [snapback]607423[/snapback]

here's the breakdown of the cost for my retrofit.
bi-xenon FX35 projectors $75 shipped e-bay
X2 denso/toyota ballast with D2S bulbs (used) $160 shipped ebay
clear lens X4 (lows and highs) $85 (Rayme is local to me, no s/h price)
screws, nuts, silicone and misc hardware ~$10
time to complete 6-7hrs
Total : $330 (cnd)

Can a few more people post up the parts they used, maybe even some part numbers or year/ make/ and model of the donor projectors, ballast, etc. I think that would be extremely helpful. I am currently trying to determine what parts I should buy to do the retrofit and there are a million different types of the above mentioned parts. Maybe the current people trying to do the retrofit can benefit from the ones who have previously installed them and maybe avoid some mistakes.

Great write up!! wink.gif
razor7
Agreed,
I know that a ton of us want to have projectors, and projectors with HIDs in them would just be stupendous.

If you look at just about any car nowadays you'll find projectors. When I get a chance I'll go to a local scrap yard and see if I can find some for fairly cheap and try a retrofit (though without HID's for the time being).

The process seems simple, take it apart, shove in the giant lens, cover up your wiring, make sure it's "water resistant."

We shall see.

-TC
zeus83
Rayme, any easy and safe method to get the lens defrosted?

thx
Rayme
on HID planet forums there always guys selling halogen projectors for CHEAP from subarus.

and zeus, if there was an easy way I would have done it! lol.. polishing thin glass is hard.
GriffGirl
There are glass grinding and polishing attachments for the Dremel - that's how I plan on doing mine. We'll see how that goes though; I'm nervous. kindasad.gif
CelicaRacer97
This thread is dead. The links don't work anymore. So much dust and full of cobwebs in here....
cheela
QUOTE (CelicaRacer97 @ Jan 21, 2019 - 10:04 PM) *
This thread is dead. The links don't work anymore. So much dust and full of cobwebs in here....

yeah, thread is dead but there are plenty of other retrofit threads that were made too. Were you looking for more info on how to do that?
It's basically the same as the LHD projector mod since you have to open it up and take apart the projector.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.