Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil on spark plug
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Jeunesse
So I decided to change my spark plugs this morning after reading a thread regarding spark plugs and this is my concern... there's oil on the old spark plugs... what do you think causes this? Is it the Oil cam ring? if it is... is there a how to on how to fix those? is this a serious problem? would it affect the firing of the spark plugs
?
Jeunesse
bump... anybody?
lagos
oil cam ring?

you just need to replace your valve cover gasket. super easy job.
Jeunesse
The thing is I don't have any other oil leaks, just on the spark plugs. how easy is it to change the valve cover gasket? how much does this oil in the spark plugs affects the performance? thanks for your help guys...
Culpable04
QUOTE(lagos @ Oct 21, 2007 - 12:29 AM) [snapback]606886[/snapback]

oil cam ring?

you just need to replace your valve cover gasket. super easy job.

he already answered your question, if you have or not other leaks that's another story, the leak you ask for ( oil on spark plugs ) will be fixed when you replace your cover gasket ( including the gaskets around teh sprak plugs holes )
Jeunesse
ah i see... thanks for the help guys. Im new at this that's why I ask a lot... just trying to learn and not be annoying as hell. Thanks again.
thedrunkfish
Dont suggest changing the valve cover gasket yourself unless you know what your doing. Mucking it up could have dire consequences.
nightryder
QUOTE(thedrunkfish @ Oct 22, 2007 - 1:42 AM) [snapback]607184[/snapback]

Dont suggest changing the valve cover gasket yourself unless you know what your doing. Mucking it up could have dire consequences.

^ yeah but it is mad easy wink.gif

if you need a hand bro, just ask.

Imo, change the spark plug tube seals. There are four of them, they sit right under the nuts that hold down the valve cover, they are like 2 bux a piece at the dealer and they could also be your problem. That was my source when I had the same problem.
Jeunesse

Imo, change the spark plug tube seals. There are four of them, they sit right under the nuts that hold down the valve cover, they are like 2 bux a piece at the dealer and they could also be your problem. That was my source when I had the same problem.

thanks night, That is just what I need... more options and opinions. I don't want to work on my baby and not be sure on what I am doing and just make the problem worst. I want to do it right the first time when it comes to my car that's why I ask a lot of questions and do a lot of ressearches and reading.
Again, Thanks for all the help... if anybody has any other opinions, I really really appreciate it if you could share it with me.
njccmd2002
QUOTE(Jeunesse @ Oct 22, 2007 - 11:10 AM) [snapback]607241[/snapback]

thanks night, That is just what I need... more options and opinions. I don't want to work on my baby and not be sure on what I am doing and just make the problem worst. I want to do it right the first time when it comes to my car that's why I ask a lot of questions and do a lot of ressearches and reading.
Again, Thanks for all the help... if anybody has any other opinions, I really really appreciate it if you could share it with me.

i paid 85 bucks. what tha hec* I was tired after changing the clutch... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.