Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ST204 ?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
CaliJeff
So i was scoping out my engine bay, looking for a place to tap into the firewall, where behind the intake mani, i saw what i thought should say st202-####, but instead it said st204-#### (can't remember the other numbers). Can't remember if most gt's were st202 or whatnot.
Supersprynt
They are ST204s in the US
GreenyST204
A GT hatchback would be a ST204
JDcelica
My fire wall says that too. I was pretty sure we had the st202. All I know is im confused confused.gif
Supersprynt
To quote the Info Articles on the front page:

Sixth Generation Celica Chassis Codes

The chassis code on a sixth generation Celica can be used to identify what kind of Celica it is. It can be useful sometimes, because refering to Celicas simply by the type(GT, ST, etc.) can be misleading. For example, the USDM Celica GT is powered by the 135 horsepower 5S-FE engine, while the European Spec Celica GT is powered by the 180 horsepower 3S-GE engine. If you were on the phone with a tuner company in Europe and you just said "I drive a Celica GT.", and had them send you, say, a header for your car, then they might send you a header for a 3S-GE engine, which would not work for your car. This is why chassis codes are a better way to identify which kind of Celica you have.

The chassis code can be found under the hood on the firewall on sixth generation Celicas. It's a four to six character combination of letters and numbers. A couple example sixth generation chassis codes are AT200, ST202, and ST205.
{AD}

The first character in a sixth generation Celica chassis code will either be an "A" or an "S". This letter represents the engine family of the car. "A" would be for the A family of engines, such as the 7A-FE, and "S" would be for the S family of engines, such as the 5S-FE and the 3S-GTE.

The second character represents if the car is front wheel drive or all wheel drive, or rear wheel drive. This character will be a "T" if the Celica is front wheel drive or all wheel drive, and an "A" for rear wheel drive Celicas. So for the sixth generation Celica, this character will always be a "T".

The third and fourth(Or just third for rear wheel drive Celicas) characters represent the Celica generation. For all sixth generation Celicas, this will be the number "20".

The fifth(Or fourth for rear wheel drive Celicas) character represents the type and engine of the Celica. Here are the codes for the sixth generation Celica:

0 - FWD - 7A-FE (USDM ST)

2 - FWD - 3S-GE / 3S-FE without AWS (JDM SS-I, SS-II, and SS-III)

3 - FWD - 3S-FE with AWS (European GT / JDM SS-I)

4 - FWD - 5S-FE (USDM GT / Canadian GT-S)

5 - AWD - 3S-GTE (European GT-4 / JDM GT-4)

The sixth character is only on sixth generation Celica convertibles, and it is a "C" representing that the car is a convertible.
GreenyST204
the St202 is also called the SS-II powerd by the non BEAMS 3SGE,
their may be some st202 in other USA but no many i know their are a hand full in AUS becaus some have been made in to convertibles and then imported
goferris
no real st202s in the us. just the st204 and at200 except the select few that were imported by private importers which can't be many since they wouldn't be legal (atleast i don't think they would.) i only know of 1 real st205 in the states and that's celica3sgte.
if you search on ebay though you won't find anything unless you search st202 or st205
thedaviefella
QUOTE(GreenyST204 @ Oct 22, 2007 - 9:24 PM) [snapback]607467[/snapback]

their may be some st202 in other USA but no many i know their are a hand full in AUS becaus some have been made in to convertibles and then imported

eh i have an st202 powered by 3SGE, But mine is BEAMs Tuned???? so does that make mine ss-II or ssIII.......so many variations - chasis code overload, can not compute!! mayday mayday!!! hee hee - sooooooooooooooo confused!!
lubu
QUOTE(thedaviefella @ Nov 1, 2007 - 8:17 PM) [snapback]610327[/snapback]

eh i have an st202 powered by 3SGE, But mine is BEAMs Tuned???? so does that make mine ss-II or ssIII.......so many variations - chasis code overload, can not compute!! mayday mayday!!! hee hee - sooooooooooooooo confused!!

I think you can easily tell if urs is a BEAMS or not...red?
dtlwrc
In Australia, the ST204 (2.2 liter) was offered in SX and ZR trim levels. The ZR has standard fog lights, alloys, and other features. The ST205 was the final GT-Four Celica which was only available in Australia in 1994. There was a limited delivery of only 77 ST205's with each vehicle including an individual numbered plaque in the cabin and Group A Rallye badges on the hatch.

1995 saw the introduction of the third generation convertible. Built off of the GT coupe, the conversion took place in the ASC facility in Rancho Dominguez, California. The vehicle arrived in the US as a partially assembled vehicle. At ASC, the roof was removed and a three-layer insulated and power-operated top was installed, producing a vehicle that was virtually water and windproof.

In August 1995, the SS-III was added into Japanese line up. The 1996 Celica received optional side skirts to improve its aerodynamic efficiency, as well as a redesigned rear spoiler. Also available were optional driving lights in the redesigned grille area (standard on GT models). To celebrate 25 years of Celica, the SS-I and SS-III Special Edition were released in Japan, and the 25th Anniversary ST Limited and GT Convertible marked this occasion in the USA.

goferris
QUOTE(thedaviefella @ Nov 1, 2007 - 5:17 AM) [snapback]610327[/snapback]

by the looks of your car i would say you have an ssII
the ssIII cam stock with the front and rear splitters and 2 post spoiler with riser blocks. it also came stock with the super strut suspension.
those were just options on the ssII
HNIRT
so the st202s came in both superstrut and mcphersons? but the st204s in australia came in mcphersons only?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.