Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Eyed Celi!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Chucky
Yeah guys...I never thought it would ever happen to me but tonight it did! My Celi has a slight bruise and only one side of eyes! mad.gif I got off of work and was on my way home. Along the way I decide to get the cell and give my wife a call. Well...next thing I know I look back up and there to the side of the road stands a f****** full size deer. So I slammed on the brakes! Not enough distance though. But yeah instead of leaping back into the ditch (where it came from) ....the dumb son-of-a-b***h heads into the middle of the road where I was already swirving towards. And then BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, CLUNK. I pull over to the side of the road, get and out and take a look. My right side H. beam and L. beam are gone! Plus it's cracked and dented in by the bumper and fender. Oh yeah dumb a** also left a 1 foot long or so scratch between the windshield and the moonroof, and two dents into my hood! I tried to look for the damn deer but couldn't find it! mad.gif
frosty
Man, I have that fear that it will happen to me too cuz I always see deer standing at the side of the road.

Sucks, but at least the car is fixable/drivable still... kindasad.gif
Chucky
yep that's the thing though...its still running! But I now have to look for new lights and a new bumper and new fenders. frown.gif
Sinyk
Insurance?
95CelicaST
I had something like this almost happen a couple weeks ago. I was going down some back road and out of nowhere this herd of horses came running out into the street. I slammed on my brakes and started sliding and missed the back of the last horse by a few inches... Scariest moment of my life.

Do you have any pictures of the damage?
Element
i've hit my fair share of deer...i live between a state park and a national wildlife refuge! most i've hit at once is 3...but so far only 1 in the celica...

post some pics...hope you had insurance though
cjh4l22
i nearly did two nights ago, thank god i swerved and missed it. i hate those stupid sonsuvbitches! dumbass things always run right into the middle of the road and then just blank out when they see headlights... knock on wood i don't hit one. sorry about your accident. best of luck.
56willysnut
My son modified his Celi by massaging it on a truck. He now has a one-eyed celi too. Waiting on a coupla headlights from fellow 6gc members to save costs.

If you go to the stealership;
$179 for low beam, $156 for high beam ouch! Maybe you should take up deer hunting so you can get even!!!
bccentaur3
QUOTE(56willysnut @ Oct 30, 2007 - 3:11 PM) [snapback]609752[/snapback]

My son modified his Celi by massaging it on a truck. He now has a one-eyed celi too. Waiting on a coupla headlights from fellow 6gc members to save costs.

$179 for low beam, $156 for high beam ouch! Maybe you should take up deer hunting so you can get even!!!

Lol, yeah. Gun them all down laugh.gif . Hey so what about insurance. I'm assuming your on liability.
vizonofdisorder
hah sounds like mine...mine had a meeting with the back of a car and now its missing a headlights and fender
slvr_celica_GT_816
my big fear is if i hit one on my motorcycle that would def. hurt
Chucky
QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Oct 30, 2007 - 3:16 PM) [snapback]609753[/snapback]

QUOTE(56willysnut @ Oct 30, 2007 - 3:11 PM) [snapback]609752[/snapback]

Lol, yeah. Gun them all down laugh.gif . Hey so what about insurance. I'm assuming your on liability.

Yeah I'm only on liability.
Chucky
I'll put up some pics
Chucky
Here's some pics of the Celi.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Sinyk
No blood or fur? You must've managed to slow down quite a bit before hitting the deer.
Chucky
There is. Some right on the fender. You can't really see it in the picture. But in the second picture to the far left. If you look closely you'll see the specks of blood.
cHinaman727
Hey cool, now you have no problem doing this:

http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/cai4.htm
tonytutino
QUOTE(cHinaman727 @ Oct 31, 2007 - 4:09 PM) [snapback]610140[/snapback]

Hey cool, now you have no problem doing this:

http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/cai4.htm

laugh.gif
NapTown94
haha that intake how-to is so lame. Talk about ricer.
kerosene
QUOTE(NapTown94 @ Nov 1, 2007 - 11:08 PM) [snapback]610559[/snapback]

haha that intake how-to is so lame. Talk about ricer.

talk about retarded
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.