Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Complications about buying
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Akimbo
So I've finally found a GT locally. It's got 73k miles, automatic transmission, good glossy paint with one scratch about 2 1/2 inches above the right front wheel, perfect glass, everything in good working order, one rear light out, no dim lights, tear in the leather on the right side drivers (noticeable, due to the lady moving in and out of her car), warping on the door's armrests that look like water or something. Like I said, it's a GT, 1995. She's asking 8000 for it. I've got my stepdad's approval that it is a good car in great working order, besides what I've mentioned above. The first time I saw it her husband said that she would probably be able to lower the price. KBB says it's definately not worth 8k. I really want this car. She said that bottom dollar is 8000, so she seems pretty firm on that. It's not going on autotrader and its not going in the paper, she's gonna drive it until someone finds it and buys it. Now I'm worried about someone buying it before I get the chance to ask for it's price to be dropped. Because if it was a lower price, something more like KBB.com is asking, then it would be mine, no problem. Now what do you guys think I should offer for the car? My mom said 7000 was being generous, but I'm alright with 7. I'm worried about someone else buying it...
Drocay
I think 8000 is way to expensive. 7 is better but still after all the things u said was wrong with the car I would't recommend it for that price.
Mynzeyes
7 is definately being generous. it does have very good miles tho...i'd say offer them the 7...8 is definately too much. did you take the car for a drive or anything like that? you should see how it sounds/rides/drives/etc. but i wouldn't go above 7g's for it. smile.gif.

-John-
speedracer_2020
Ive seen Celica around here go for anything from 6-12 fo 94-99

So if it's ultra ultra new shape.. and i do mean ULTRA.. 8 might be worth it.

silvasurfa
if youve taken it for a drive, youve got the olds approval and most importantly youre happy with 7000, i say go for it, obviously the cheaper you can get it the better but if your happy do it! i can tell youd be gutted if you lost it, say 6500 cash and take it from there, good luck wink.gif
Akimbo
Yep I drove it. Everything was fine.
Chrobis
bah.. get a manual! You will be disapointed if you dont get a manual when you have the chance to! Alot of the auto owners here are. My 97 GT is in great condition, kinda alot of miles (120,000) but drives great and the paint is awesome and interior is flawless! And I doubt I would even get 8k for mine.
Matthew
I would definitely do some shopping around. Here are a few on ebay that I found.

1998 GT Hatchback Automatic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=15288

1996 GT Hatchback Manual 113544 Miles

1995 GT Hatchback Manual 115705 Miles

And if you arent stuck on a 6th gen check out this all trac for sale.

TunerHawk
Like GT2GT4 said, look around. I got my 98 Celica GT, it was fully loaded, FULLY. With every option even the sport suspension, wood grain dash (aftermarket), sunroof, and black leather interior. It was a 5 speed and had 44,000 miles on it. It was only 8000. I will post pics soon. So definetly look around and DONT settle!!
boosted_K2
IMHO my car is alot better deal, lol, sorry im just a lil POed this thing hasnt moved, and im all squared away on my MR2t. PLEASE SOMEONE BUY THIS CAR!! lol did i mention price was negotiable.... but if you are really stuck on the 30 extra HP than you are stuck on 30 HP....
Akimbo
I don't like white, it's too far away, and I like GT's because, well I dunno, more kick? Plus custom exhausts definately won't fly in my neighborhood.
CupCrazy38
K2... if you're really looking to get rid of it, I'll trade ya smile.gif

Silver 97 ST Coupe for you White Hatchback....

lol...
boosted_K2
lol, its not getting rid of it, its i need the money for the mr2, if i had enough for the mr2, i would DEFINATLY keep the celica, i love the car, just i love the MR2 more lol
blkGT
Just remember man. CASH SPEAKS. I gurantee if you think she woulda taken 7, you walk up there with 6500 or even 6k CASH and slap it in her hand... it would make a hell of a difference. biggrin.gif
Andason
I guess it all depends on your situation and how bad you want it. I got a 98 GT hatch and I paid 9k for it and to me personally I got a steal on it. 46k on the body and under 500 miles on the new motor. Still under warranty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.