Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto 5sfte with dyno vids
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
LewFX
Many thanks to manny (pressure2), derrick (Maskedman), craig (urbandork), eyner (boostineggs), dan (playr158) and everyone else who helped me with this project....

Current status is 75% done.

IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

more pics to come as it gets finished
Chanh55
Can't wait! You better let me drive. =)
bccentaur3
Awesome, I like how this was under the radar and all of the sudden out of no where BAM turbo.
LewFX
secret project now exposed.
parts list:
ct26 turbo dual entry
3s manifold
3s aftermarket downpipe
3s oil pan
2 bar map sensor from 3s alltrac
apexi N1 muffler
custom battery relocation kit
Apexi Neo
rx-7 460cc 195500-2010 Injectors
3" magnaflow cat convertor
walbro 255 lph fuel pump
mobil 1 synthetic atf fluid
ngk irdiums spark plugs gapped 0.30
lotek pillar pod
3" resonator
prosport oil pressure and boost gauges
ic and piping with t-clamps from just-intercoolers
fujita 3.5" air filter
Forge Diverter valve
MaskedMan
I have like 2 pictures I can post haha. When are we going to finish this? (I realize I can just ask you on AIM right now but im a post whore)
elvasoshexai
is it just me or is there a sudden explosion of 5sftes now? hah
lagos
looking good man.
i would add a wideband to that list. it will help you a lot in fine tuning or troubleshooting once the car is back on the road.
urbandork
i cant believe we worked 20+ hours straight with maybe a 1 to 2 hr. nap...... man i look tired lol... im still amazed that as tired as maskedman and i were the ic pipe routing turned out to look good

btw everyone lewfx is a great cook

Jen
ya'll are effing crazy.
njccmd2002
QUOTE(LewFX @ Nov 4, 2007 - 11:56 PM) [snapback]611262[/snapback]

secret project now exposed.
parts list:
ct26 turbo dual entry
3s manifold
3s aftermarket downpipe
3s oil pan
2 bar map sensor from 3s alltrac
apexi N1 muffler
custom battery relocation kit
Apexi Neo
rx-7 460cc 195500-2010 Injectors
3" magnaflow cat convertor
walbro 255 lph fuel pump
mobil 1 synthetic atf fluid
ngk irdiums spark plugs gapped 0.30
lotek pillar pod
3" resonator
prosport oil pressure and boost gauges
ic and piping with t-clamps from just-intercoolers
fujita 3.5" air filter
Forge Diverter valve

is this an all inclusive list. Or there is more. About how much in $$$
LewFX
aem wideband will be here today
presure2
looks good jeff.
good to see guys getting together like that from the site to get things together. it really does make things easier, and more fun.
are you using the 3s cooant elbow to the ratiator? id like to see a couple more pics of that area.
LewFX
yes there is allot of 5sfte's lately but how many are auto!
presure2
QUOTE(LewFX @ Nov 5, 2007 - 11:37 AM) [snapback]611370[/snapback]

yes there is allot of 5sfte's lately but how many are auto!

it will last a little while....till you turn up the boost.
wannabe proved that.
wink.gif
5sfte makes more torque than the 3s, and thats the killer.
i demand more pics, damnit!
Chanh55
Jeff's cooking does look good. I second that ^... More pics!
snapshotgt
You guys rock. thumbsup.gif
LewFX
breakfast:
onion bagel topped with philadelphia cream cheese, egg, ham, sweet onions, and tillamock medium cheddar cheese..

lunch:
garlic bbq chicken with sweet onions with garlic salted fries.

dinner for eyner made by a 13 yr old:
hot dog on a piece of bread with mozzelera cheese sticks!
lubu
QUOTE(LewFX @ Nov 6, 2007 - 1:54 AM) [snapback]611395[/snapback]

breakfast:
onion bagel topped with philadelphia cream cheese, egg, ham, sweet onions, and tillamock medium cheddar cheese..

lunch:
garlic bbq chicken with sweet onions with garlic salted fries.

dinner for eyner made by a 13 yr old:
hot dog on a piece of bread with mozzelera cheese sticks!

sounds good too tongue.gif
1bwilson
Looking good Lew, teasers over, more pics! biggrin.gif
urbandork
QUOTE(presure2 @ Nov 5, 2007 - 3:32 PM) [snapback]611368[/snapback]

looks good jeff.
good to see guys getting together like that from the site to get things together. it really does make things easier, and more fun.
are you using the 3s cooant elbow to the ratiator? id like to see a couple more pics of that area.

using a random hose form autozone or some place from the rad. to the elbow hard line. From the elbow to the water junction we are using a part of the 5s rad hose and we also shortened the elbow by about an inch.
LewFX
few more teaser shots before my camera batteries died on me..

IPB Image
IPB Image
Defgeph
Very cool Jeff ! Looks mean.
bccentaur3
Trying to keep it stealth I see.

IPB Image
urbandork
OMG noooooo

jefff... man i cant believe u painted the silicone couples... u know when u put the clamps on the paint will eventually crack and fall off... see if u can take the paint off with out hurting the finish of the silicone did you at least sand down the pipe a bit and get all of the greasy finger prints off?????

man.... u should have just painted the pipes.... all that hard work trying to make ur ic pipe setup look clean and now its all blahck..... and next time take off the couples and paint the pipe.... dont just lazy-it and paint the pipe with the couple on like u did with the turbo intake pipe

and straighten out that 135 coupler so that way the u bend we cut will point in the direction we planed for the vertical pipe to route...

gaaarhhhh i turn my head for a few seconds and things are just willy nillied...... kinda like the A arm and sub frame bolts that were willy nilliedly taken off while i was napping and forgotten to be put back on: only to be realized after we took the car off the jack stands and attempted to roll the car in....... omg im heading down there after class and helping you with stuff man....

808celica
you guys wanna fly to Oahu, Hawaii and help me if i decided to do the 5sTfe.........i've heard that the 5s will blow.........very bad........what about a 5sgTe???? possible???
netrata
You might as well put in a 3sgte in there 808celica. thumbsup.gif LewFX, looking good there.
LewFX
relax craig...i got a surprise for you
CaliJeff
QUOTE(808celica @ Nov 6, 2007 - 2:58 AM) [snapback]611648[/snapback]

you guys wanna fly to Oahu, Hawaii and help me if i decided to do the 5sTfe.........i've heard that the 5s will blow.........very bad........what about a 5sgTe???? possible???

havent heard of it happening yet, except to ppl that didnt follow directions fully.
urbandork
QUOTE(LewFX @ Nov 6, 2007 - 2:22 PM) [snapback]611683[/snapback]

relax craig...i got a surprise for you

ooohhh nooo more surprises frown.gif ...... i hope its not like the surprise of the missing A arm bolts..... ill call u today after my first class.

... lol u know i love you man ahah laugh.gif

hope its a good surprise
MaskedMan
So what was the surprise? I was there, but I think I missed it. Your intercooler piping is much better now. I don't know how many more days I can stay over this late man haha. I would usually be fine but I have Class in 3 hours haha. Atleast me and craig had a nice GT4 cruise woot woot. You might want to buy some more brake fluid cleaner.
LewFX
damn im tired! 85-90% done

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
goferris
WTF?!?!?
how did this happen? i thought you were waiting for a beams? this totally took everyone by surprise.
you don't want to sell me your old headers do ya wink.gif
biggrin.gif

lookin good man. lookin good thumbsup.gif
snapshotgt
The black intercooler looks nice. Very stealth. smile.gif
Chanh55
Lookin' good guys... Almost done!
boosted95
didnt even know you could paint an intercooler*
frosty
God bless at the large pics!

Very nice...I sense a manual swap coming soon.... tongue.gif
urbandork
thanks jeff for being patient with myself and MaskedMan.... but the ic pipe looks a lot better now and the gauges are pimp status... i can sleep at night knowing that the job we did looks nice...

when i left the first day
IPB Image

when i saw it the day after i hadnt been there (aaaahhhhhh i was going to cry)
IPB Image

and how it was after i left my second day of being there (i can sleep now)
IPB Image

job well done
woot woot
MaskedMan
Mmmmm check out that wiring of the O2 sensor, that's very clean and professional looking huh? Yo Jeff, I'm going to come over and clean up some of the wiring I did for the guages. It was 2am in the morning and I rushed it haha. Let me do it Friday please, it's bothering me that I did a spagetti job like that haha. Where's the picture of Urbandork and the muffler? (that's right Craig, I said Urbandork, since you call me MaskedMan). Well atleast after all these days, Jeff is calling us by the right names Craig. Phew fantastic job guys! The pictures don't do it justice.
snapshotgt
Hehem - We're going to need some videos guys. wink.gif
MaskedMan
QUOTE(snapshotgt @ Nov 7, 2007 - 9:01 PM) [snapback]612217[/snapback]

I think I took some video by accident haha.

bccentaur3
QUOTE(snapshotgt @ Nov 7, 2007 - 11:01 PM) [snapback]612217[/snapback]

X2 on that.
6strngs
the job looks very clean and professional! what'd you use to paint the IC piping? and I really wanna know what that apexi NI sounds like!
LewFX
update: oil pressure gauge hooked up, wideband hooked up, piping is 98% done (need to shorten 1 pipe)...thats it for tonight...
whats left:
connect air hose from boost gauge, get the final 2 injectors cleaned, then install...put the cross member back on, tighten motor mount, install dp support bracket...tune with neo...go get exhaust done
6strngs
are you even using a BOV?
twitchh17
yoyoyo you should add that i-VTEC to the 5sfte. will make it faster with great gains.
LewFX
i have a forge divertor...i need to have exhaust dude weld some plugs
trdcelica94
nice work. how big is the pipping 3" all the way . kind exhaust are you using?
LewFX
3" exhaust piping with magnaflow cat, resonator, and apexi N1, same under the axle route
xs94st
noice noice noice biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
trdcelica94
nice. nice setup . do you have oil catch tank,oil feel line,fuel pressure regulator? didnt see that on your list. should get a boost controller.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.