Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Port/Polish 7afe HP gains..
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
mikecelica
What kind of hp gain can i expect from port/polish my 7afe? thanks
Bitter
thats a very open ended question, like asking "how much power will i get from a turbo" all depends on what else is going on.
mikecelica
sorr i meant if i had a stage 1 port and polish done with keeping my 7afe stock?
Bitter
what does stage one mean? this isnt a video game laugh.gif
tonytutino
lol, bitter thats the first thing i thought of too. Gran-turismo style tongue.gif

DONT SANDBLAST YOUR INTAKE MANIFOLD
95CelicaST
DONT SANDBLAST YOUR INTAKE MANIFOLD

Or if you do.... please take it off first, and clean it before reinstalling.
Hanyo
the average 3 angle valve job/ compression matching/ port matching will result in an estimated 3-10 hp increase.

It won't be something dramatic like the good old muscle car days where a port and polish job can free up to 50 hp.
celicomx
i port and polish my self the head and the intake manifold and a little bit the exahust ports, also i reshape the valve guides and do all the other stuff ( such like compression matching, valve lapping etc.) and i feel a good diference you could gain 10hp and recover 10hp. depending on the job also i polish the combustion chamber
mikecelica
stage 1, 2 ,3 is how alot of shops categorize different P/P packages.. stage 1 being just standard P/P , valve and seat machining, stage 2 being P/P intake, exhaust port, intake to intake port matching, combustion chamber finishing. not talkin about a video game. i jus wanna know if anyones done this on their stock 7a and whatd they get outa it and if its worth the cost?
Bitter
problem being, "stage one" at riff raff performance inc is different then "stage one" at dewey cheatem and howe performance auto. so stage one means horse****.
frosty
a simple p&p can be worthless without supoorting mods like more aggressive cams, turbo, blah-blah-blah, etc....

To me, unless you have your own shop and experience to do it yourself and have the free time, it's not worth the cost without other things being done.

$.02
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.