Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1999 Celica value?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
alltrac
I found a 1999 low mileage one owner Celica it only has 25k miles and they want 12k for the car. I know the price is crazy high but when are you ever going to find another 8 year old Celica that is bacically brand new. Should I pull the trigger or keep looking?
Hanyo
depends on how much you love the 6gc.

If you absolutly love the designs, i would definitly take a serious look at the car and try to talk them down.

But yes that is way over prices for older model celica. Especially you can get 2000+ model for cheaper.
goferris
QUOTE(Hanyo @ Nov 15, 2007 - 12:54 AM) [snapback]614406[/snapback]

depends on how much you love the 6gc.

If you absolutly love the designs, i would definitly take a serious look at the car and try to talk them down.

But yes that is way over prices for older model celica. Especially you can get 2000+ model for cheaper.

but there is only 25k on the car. that is actually a pretty good deal. you wouldn't be able to find a 7th gen with that low of miles anywhere. if you can talk them down to 10 i would def pick it up off them. i paid 6k for my 99 and it had 130k on it when i bought it and it was about 2k under book. that was a year ago. i don't think that you will find a 6gc with that low of miles on it ever again.
lagos
check KBB.
id say its a fair price, for a near mint 6th gen.
njccmd2002
QUOTE(lagos @ Nov 15, 2007 - 4:26 AM) [snapback]614414[/snapback]

check KBB.
id say its a fair price, for a near mint 6th gen.

Yes but what are you planning for the car, modification wise. 12k is a lot. you can find one that is 6k, and invest 6 k into it to your likings.

A collector sure enough will pay even more to get a car in mint state. But he will keep it mint and garaged.

If this is your daily driver and you put even 20 k in the next 2 -3 years, watch how the price of you car goes down the drain.

I suggest you buy according to how you are going to use..

frosty
QUOTE(njccmd2002 @ Nov 15, 2007 - 1:40 PM) [snapback]614425[/snapback]

I suggest you buy according to how you are going to use..

x2
99GT
I bought my 99 GT HB Mint. 55,000 miles for $8999.

If your going to swap it. Find one with a good body, and lots of miles.
goferris
QUOTE(99GT @ Nov 15, 2007 - 8:12 AM) [snapback]614439[/snapback]

i agree with this. if you just want to get it to drive forever than get this one. or even if you plan on just doing exterior mods for a while then maybe several years down the road do a swap get this one.
spolski07
i pick up my 99 with 63635miles for $8341 out the door, i just looked at my reciept last night lol.
in all honesty 12 for a car with 25k miles seems fair to me
LewFX
im not gonn say what i paid for my 99 but 12k id take it, mine had 59k
lubu
QUOTE(goferris @ Nov 16, 2007 - 12:17 AM) [snapback]614442[/snapback]

QUOTE(99GT @ Nov 15, 2007 - 8:12 AM) [snapback]614439[/snapback]

i agree with this. if you just want to get it to drive forever than get this one. or even if you plan on just doing exterior mods for a while then maybe several years down the road do a swap get this one.

I'd say do not get it if you're planning to do the swap. 25k, 50k or even 100k doesnt make much of a different when you swap over and mind you toyota engines are very reliable. Personally I'll only buy it if Im planning to turbo it or keep it the way it is.
lagos
you guys are pretty cheap.
i bought mine for more then that, with 30k on the clock. its great to have a car thats never been smoked in, and feels about as close to brand new as you can get. 6th gens can get pretty beat up looking over the years.
elvasoshexai
dammit.. and i thought i got a gd deal on my car... i guess i suck @ car hunting
joehernandez
it might be pricey, i got my 96 gt hatchback for only 2600, 104,657 miles on it, it was in excellent condition and it is still,
get it if you are planing to getting everything out of it, meaning power, if not then don't buy it
CelicaZR
I say try to talk them down as much as possible.
Get it and keep it stock and clean.
I got no doubt these will become a collectors items in the future.
If you feel like modding it, maybe splitters and jdm projectors and tailight,
it will look nice and clean.
wind
mine was 11,500 with 100,000km on it.... then again this is canada
joehernandez
QUOTE(joehernandez @ Nov 15, 2007 - 1:48 PM) [snapback]614497[/snapback]

it might be pricey, i got my 96 gt hatchback for only 2600, 104,657 miles on it, it was in excellent condition and it is still,
get it if you are planing to getting everything out of it, meaning power, if not then don't buy it

i think my deal its one of the best hehe,, but i looked for the car for almost 4 to 5 months, so i guess that time was paid off
CelicaGTWolf
i got my 99 vert for 8k with 72k miles. i really wanted a hatch so i prolly woulda jumped all over that, but i think u can talk em down.
Jared95
alltrac what is it GT?
Sh0gunkid8721
QUOTE(lagos @ Nov 15, 2007 - 11:34 AM) [snapback]614493[/snapback]

you guys are pretty cheap.
i bought mine for more then that, with 30k on the clock. its great to have a car thats never been smoked in, and feels about as close to brand new as you can get. 6th gens can get pretty beat up looking over the years.

i totally agree that u guys are cheap cuz at 12,000...that's a steal IMO; and im sure you can probably knock off another 1,000 off the marked price as well. You guys are so bent on buying cheap cars that look like azz and dropping a 3sgte into it (which only 10% of you out there actually do...meaning about 90% of you are all talk). Personally id rather get the 99 with low miles and build it up slow rather than getting a POS 1,000 dollar Celica and modding it quick.

^^ Jared, all 99's are GT's
GriffGirl
The price varies somewhat depending on what region you're in. I looked high and low within a 500 mile radius of Portland, OR for a car like that, the closest I came was a 97 with I think like 150k on it for around 8k. (Turned out I just couldn't afford it anyway.)

I think 12k for a 99 with so few miles on it is not only a great deal, but a great find. Negotiate—EVERYTHING is negotiable! You can probably walk away with it for 10 and a half if you wave a little cash at them and finance it.

If you're buying it to mod though, I'd pass on it because it doesn't matter if it's 25k or 250k on the engine in that case.

Plus, wouldn't a '99 with 25k on it still be under the original warranty at least for another year? Sweet! Make sure you Carfax it to ensure the odometer hasn't been messed with. Check all the VINs.
njccmd2002
well the years timeframe would probably kill the warranty.

i paid 4500 for 145k Limted Vert. And i believe i got good deal considering i drove 600 miles to get it. I snached it from tennesse
Jared95
so all 99's are GT?... no GT-S?
SilentNight
QUOTE(GriffGirl @ Nov 16, 2007 - 1:00 PM) [snapback]614818[/snapback]

The price varies somewhat depending on what region you're in. I looked high and low within a 500 mile radius of Portland, OR for a car like that, the closest I came was a 97 with I think like 150k on it for around 8k. (Turned out I just couldn't afford it anyway.)

I think 12k for a 99 with so few miles on it is not only a great deal, but a great find. Negotiate—EVERYTHING is negotiable! You can probably walk away with it for 10 and a half if you wave a little cash at them and finance it.

If you're buying it to mod though, I'd pass on it because it doesn't matter if it's 25k or 250k on the engine in that case.

Plus, wouldn't a '99 with 25k on it still be under the original warranty at least for another year? Sweet! Make sure you Carfax it to ensure the odometer hasn't been messed with. Check all the VINs.

but u know wut girl... if he wants a 99 with few miles, honestly 12000 seems hi. Make sure to check Edmunds.com, and ebay motors, And kelly blue book.com as weell. u mite be able to find it for a better price round there.
joehernandez
QUOTE(Jared95 @ Nov 16, 2007 - 8:45 PM) [snapback]614927[/snapback]

so all 99's are GT?... no GT-S?

i thinks gts are only for canada and somewhere else. but not usa.
alltrac
Thanks for all the replies guys. The Celica color is silver and it's not my first choice but when buying used you don't get alot of options.
95st-celica
not a bad deal at all...like a few said try talkin him down and if you can even get him down to 11 itd def. be worth it wether or not your going to swap it or not its going to be a good reliable car that you could prolly keep for a while.....it doest matter if you can find a 7th gen with that many miles or less miles for cheaper caus there not that desireable.....maybe some picks of this low milage beauty??? lets see what she looks like!
slvr_celica_GT_816
paid 6000 for my near mint 98 gt about two years ago, i wish it was still in that condition when i got it
alltrac
Some pictures. BTW I think the Celica has been sold.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

97GTinKC
I paid a premium for my 97 GT with 32k on it several years ago, now has 89k, never regretted it. was actually thinking lately about looking for a low mile 99 as I still like the 6th gen better than anything else I've seen lately ...I'd grab it if I were you, there are so many little things that start happening with miles, suspension bushings, weatherstripping, body seals, hoses, belts, normal wear-and-tear etc, But do CarFax or something to be sure it's really only 25K.
GriffGirl
QUOTE(alltrac @ Nov 18, 2007 - 7:13 PM) [snapback]615468[/snapback]
Thanks for all the replies guys. The Celica color is silver and it's not my first choice but when buying used you don't get alot of options.

I felt the EXACT same way when I got my Celica, I was so set on black but couldn't find one that I could afford or that was any good, and now I'm so glad I have silver because it still looks awesome and it doesn't show the dirt and dings nearly as much as a black car does!

BTW the pix of the car look awesome! Looks like a clean car, I'd snap it up if I were you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.