Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: poor coolant circulation???
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
JasonX
whenever my car is cold and I start it for a little while sounds like right behind the dash on the by the engine firewall, it sounds like water being poured. and the faster i drive faster the water sound is. i don't have any coolant leaks, changed my radiator recently(it was making the sound before and after the radiator change)new radiator upper hose, and new thermostat and water pump. what can be causing this water pouring sound?

Thanks in advance,

Jason
GrimReaper
If the engine's temperature is normal, you have sufficient heat in the cockpit, and you don't have any leak I think there's nothing to be worried for smile.gif I've noticed that liquid sound before, on lots of different cars, some of them in new condition and I believe it's absolutely normal that you hear that sound, when coolant circulating. But just to make shure, just in case, maybe you could change your radiator cap. This thing is about 10$. Maybe air is aspirated by a faulty cap vent valve.
JasonX
QUOTE(GrimReaper @ Nov 15, 2007 - 12:52 AM) [snapback]614412[/snapback]

If the engine's temperature is normal, you have sufficient heat in the cockpit, and you don't have any leak I think there's nothing to be worried for smile.gif I've noticed that liquid sound before, on lots of different cars, some of them in new condition and I believe it's absolutely normal that you hear that sound, when coolant circulating. But just to make shure, just in case, maybe you could change your radiator cap. This thing is about 10$. Maybe air is aspirated by a faulty cap vent valve.

thanks. I changed the radiator cap as well. but, if you think it's not biggie, then i'm cool with it. thanks again.
LewFX
did you add the coolant in right?
JasonX
QUOTE(LewFX @ Nov 15, 2007 - 5:26 PM) [snapback]614625[/snapback]

did you add the coolant in right?

thanks.that might be the answer. since, it's already filled, what would you say i should do?
MaskedMan
You might have air in the system.
JasonX
QUOTE(MaskedMan @ Nov 15, 2007 - 6:16 PM) [snapback]614637[/snapback]

You might have air in the system.

how would i get it out?
celica3sgte
Take your radiator cap off, then start the car and let it warm up to operating temperature. The thermastat will open. (It is possible that a little bit will spill out on it's own when the car is warming up,,,and that's fine) If there is any air in the system, you will see the coolant level drop. Just fill it to the top and put the cap back on.
JasonX
QUOTE(celica3sgte @ Nov 15, 2007 - 9:23 PM) [snapback]614692[/snapback]

Take your radiator cap off, then start the car and let it warm up to operating temperature. The thermastat will open. (It is possible that a little bit will spill out on it's own when the car is warming up,,,and that's fine) If there is any air in the system, you will see the coolant level drop. Just fill it to the top and put the cap back on.

awesome. thanks bud.
Bitter
may help to put the front of the car up on jackstands, to make the rad cap the highest place in the system to help burp the air.
JasonX
QUOTE(Bitter @ Nov 17, 2007 - 6:42 AM) [snapback]615037[/snapback]

may help to put the front of the car up on jackstands, to make the rad cap the highest place in the system to help burp the air.

thanks, i will try that as well, 'cause i'm still hearing the mini waterfall from the inside. sounds too funky, lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.