Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3s-ge camshafts
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Beams
I searched the internet for a while but couldn't find any 6thG Camshafts especially for the 3s-ge engine. Does anyone know if they even exist for our engines? confused.gif
west_minist
Try toda racing and Jun.

It is a possibility that you will lose vvti when you upgrade to bigger cams, which is not a problem, since the supra loses it when there change cams.
Magic
Beams,have you done some basic upgrades before the "camshafts" upgrade?
Intake,headers,cat-back exhaust,fuel pressure regulator???
Make sure you got the basics so you can move on easily with the camshafts.
Beams
I know i asked a friend about this and he told me i have to give the car a bit more power, but i've been asking everyone about the fuel pressure regulator and no one is replying. Has it made a difference on your car or anyone you know? Is it worth it?
west_minist
It does give a bit of power.

Once you have a high flow filter and if possible, an ignition controller + coil like MSD Digital 6 plus and the Blaster HVC Coil + plug wires, the gains are very great.

With these 3 mods, I would recommend a dyno tuning to get the max out of it.

I would also recommend an Apexi SAFC. It is better to use that then relying on the AFR completely.
khye
But does'nt the 3S-GE (SS-II) already have cams that have been tuned extensively?

I thought Yamaha produced them on contract for Toyota?

Looking at the CAM cover in my engine bay there is a large Yamaha logo...wondering why Yamaha had a logo on the cam cover, I went to the local Toyota dealership and thats what they told me.

Would there really be any benefit in replacing these cams, since they are supposed to already be pretty tuned? confused.gif
Beams
I've thought about that as well, i'm gonna meet up with some guy today to talk about the 3s-ge engine, what can be done etc...
Magic
megale,otan sou pi ti na valis,pemou ton mixaniko pou sou sinista ok? smile.gif
Send me Email for the Celica Club Cyprus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.