Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EGR valve
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
mariosdarkworld
OK so heres the deal my check engine light is on frown.gif it says its the egr valve i cleaned it so wat is my next step do i just buy a new one or wat. Also my celi only gets like 18 mpg is that normal cause i though 4 cylinder 1.8 should be gettin at least 25 mpg. Is this realted to my egr problem. Please help thanks.
LewFX
how did you clean a egr valve? a bad egr will cause bad gas mileage.
thespacepanda
Considering what the EGR valve does, it would be wise to just go ahead and replace it.

As far as your gas mileage is concerned, I have an ST and I average 32 mpg with hard driving.
mariosdarkworld
****!!! 32mpg i drive like a regualr driver and then every now and then hardcore but damn i getting screwed but thanks i will replace egr valve as far as cleaning it goes i was told to use carb cleaner and c if it would work and now i know no it didnt but hey spending 5 bucks to c if it would wrk compared to spendin 170 wasnt bad now i know its bad so i will buy a new one thanks!! biggrin.gif
Sinyk
lol, funny that this topic came up because my check engine light came on as well, second time in two months. The first time it was the EGR and I'm guessing it is going to be the EGR again (taking the car in today to get the code read).

AND my gas mileage has been terrible lately. kindasad.gif I'm maybe getting 400 km out of a full tank right now (city driving)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.