Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I bought another celica... (Lots of pics)
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
ImportChick95
I bought this celica a few days ago.. a '97 GT for $1800. I must be crazy because I seriously don't need another project car. (I have 3 cars) It's beat up and in serious need of some TLC. The previous owner is an idiot. However, the engine runs smooth and she starts right up. No leaks. I will be working to restore this car and hopefully she will be ready for new paint by next summer. Wish me luck.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I still haven't figured out what this is kindasad.gif
IPB Image

No trunk carpet or spare wheel. Weight reduction maybe?? rolleyes.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image

Missing bottom plastic piece... no AC either. thumbsdown.gif mad.gif mad.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image

Rust.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Dent on roof. thumbsdown.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Dog hair.. GROSS.
IPB Image

IPB Image

This is the color I plan to paint her next year. It's "oh so beau-ti-fullll".
IPB Image

Celicam8
that isn't bad... almost same quality mine was when i purchased it except you have some things done, lowered, rims added, weight reduction (possible reason no ac)... lots of work smile.gif more fun... grats... Plus for 1800 you can always part it out and make profit from it... there might be damage on the engine though, possibly the previous owner raced it...
IPB Image
looks like tv...

btw i like the rims
CelicaZR
Congrats smile.gif
Welcome to the "I owned 2 6gcs club" biggrin.gif
Rusty
I was going to say something for the sunroof could be something for a TV??
at the start of your slideshow it looks very nice, but then goes down hill with all the dents etc...
Valo666
man..thats a freakin good deal for the price. Its a little rough around the edges, but nothing that a bit of TLC and some work cant fix. What do you have planned for the car besides the paintjob?? If your interested, i can fix that headliner for you/reupholster it. PM me if you want.
Shocker
sell me those side skirts PLEASE..

The car looks really good for the price. Nice buy.

and that pearl white color would look sexy with some nice chrome wheels.
lx130
ohhh how i hate rust.... my crx which i no longer drive...sellin it to someone...was rusted everywhere....put so much time into taking it all off...
ecaddiction
Why does that intake manifold look different than the normal 5sfe? (Besides just being dirty rolleyes.gif ) Anyway, looks fun, I'm sure it'll turn out great!
azian_advanced
^yea, it kinda looks like a beams 3sge intake manifold..
Rusty
hmm no front strut brace?
ecaddiction
QUOTE(azian_advanced @ Nov 23, 2007 - 2:20 AM) [snapback]616765[/snapback]

^yea, it kinda looks like a beams 3sge intake manifold..

That's what I thought at first glance too...ehh beats me.
Valo666
probably a 3SFE. They look almost exactly like the 5s, but some of them have a manifold that look like that.
Shocker
its swapped!!! maby it could be
Celicam8
QUOTE(Valo666 @ Nov 22, 2007 - 10:37 PM) [snapback]616784[/snapback]

probably a 3SFE. They look almost exactly like the 5s, but some of them have a manifold that look like that.

I think you are right, the 5s has TOYOTA 2200 Written on the header... this one has something shorter..
ImportChick95
Wow... you guys amaze me. All along, I thought the manifold looked like that because the cover was taken off. *shrugs*
Now I see the difference. LoL. I definately appreciate the car more now, thanks to you guys.
IPB Image
IPB Image

I love the oil cap.
IPB Image

Are 3sge's easier to turbo charge than a regular 5sfe??

Shocker- No, you may not have my sideskirts. tongue.gif

Valo666- I was planning to spray the headliners, but reupholstering them sounds like a great idea. Free no?

Batman722
that is not a 3sge, probably a 3sfe. No EGR says "old"

does it have an oil cooler like your other GT ? I don't see one...look at the oil filter, is there a sandwich cooler there with water lines going to it ? the water lines aren't bolted in either...

also, PM replied smile.gif
Celicam8
QUOTE(ImportChick95 @ Nov 22, 2007 - 11:54 PM) [snapback]616806[/snapback]

Wow... you guys amaze me. All along, I thought the manifold looked like that because the cover was taken off. *shrugs*
Now I see the difference. LoL. I definately appreciate the car more now, thanks to you guys.

lol... you scored better than you thought, huh
goferris
wait a minute. didn't you say you might sell your old celica? WTF lol
i love that dark gray color. and for 1800 you can't go wrong. from the looks of things you do have some work to do. if it is a 3sfe it sounds like now would be a good time for a swap biggrin.gif
maybe one day i will be able to score a deal like that on a 2nd celi.
Shocker
it also has a three post spoiler with the center hole shaved...Whats really weird is it looks kinda like the old wheels i had on my car and my color. and the way i have my wing.and gt is on the wrong side.

see kinda like mine.
NapTown94
I was gonna say the little black box on the roof may have been for a tv, or a dvd player or something. Still don't know what the switch coming out of it would be for. Power maybe.
Celicam8
I like those rims tongue.gif
Valo666
QUOTE(ImportChick95 @ Nov 22, 2007 - 11:54 PM) [snapback]616806[/snapback]

Valo666- I was planning to spray the headliners, but reupholstering them sounds like a great idea. Free no?

how about $40 for material and labour?

I do a good job too. If i can take this
IPB Image
and make it look like this
IPB Image
i can do a really good job on yours.

QUOTE(Batman722 @ Nov 23, 2007 - 12:02 AM) [snapback]616807[/snapback]

that is not a 3sge, probably a 3sfe. No EGR says "old"

No EGR says JDM. I dont think 3SFE's were ever avaible in north america. When my first 5s head blew i went to this used japaneese autoshop and they had tons of 3SFE's. All of them came with no EGR because they dont use EGRs in Japan. Look at any JDM only motor, no EGRs on any of them.
94CelicaDragon
Ok, what do you do for work? I want to make the money your makeing so I get another 6gc and an 86 supra. Also, what does EGR stand for? Electronic Gas regulator? Stupid question I know.
Valo666
EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation pretty much the valve opens up and puts raw exhaust gas into your intake manifold to be burnt to make a better ignition.
ImportChick95
QUOTE(Valo666 @ Nov 23, 2007 - 11:49 AM) [snapback]616892[/snapback]

how about $40 for material and labour?

Wow, that's really good work. I'll think about it.. I wanna see if I can clean them first.

goferris- My old celica is still available and only for sale for the right person and price .. I'm too attached to it so the price better be good and the person better have car care skills before approaching me. wink.gif ..and yes, I will interview them, Lol.

The black box thing might be a TV plug??? hmm.. that's something I'll look into this weekend. I think it looks horrible and not professionally installed at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.