Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OH NO
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Celicam8
I cant get up the hill to my new house tongue.gif my car just went backwards.... stupid snow
purplegt4
QUOTE(Celicam8 @ Dec 1, 2007 - 5:23 PM) [snapback]618817[/snapback]

I cant get up the hill to my new house tongue.gif my car just went backwards.... stupid snow

o man that sucks. get a running start. or a shovel. GL biggrin.gif
Celicam8
im not talking about driveway... im talking about the road... theres no real way to get a running start in snow,and shoveling wont do me any good either :S crap... wasn't expecting this
bccentaur3
get some blizzaks lol. Running start will do. Shovle even better.

Get some tire chains lol. Its worse here in Minnesota.
Celicam8
blizzaks? and i cant do a running start smile.gif is kinda a U hill goes up down T intersection up straigt, I come in from the T intersection and go up... and i mean at about 60 degree angle...was funny i was on 2(auto) and car was going backwards, stuck it in N and went around.... going to be an issue if theres lots of snofall here
bccentaur3
I know what you mean about the snow. Bridgestone Blizzaks. Nice ass winter tires bro. Trust me.
Celicam8
bah, thats not really a fix to my issue ^^ I got allseason's and new one's that I bought right before I moved to illinois... now im regretting it... oh darn ... not much i can do... if i add weights to the center of the car, ya think it will help or will i go back faster...
bccentaur3
I doubt weights will do anything. Our motors are in the front and so is the tranny. So most of the weight is focused in the front of the car.
94CelicaDragon
QUOTE(Celicam8 @ Dec 1, 2007 - 5:23 PM) [snapback]618817[/snapback]

Man, thats sounds scary! Haha, I remember one time I was driveing In Pollock Pine's, It was winter, but no snow yet, and I was takeing this left, It was a wide left turn a little long too, Im rockin out to the music, Then, my 6gc just spins out, Now Im going side's down this turn, one side there a ditch, on the other...a cliff...Im trying to correct the turn and I look to the right...Two vans are comeing....."F@$!" Im gonna die!" I thought to myself, Then, the tire's caught and I rolled backward's Into the ditch, just In time. I was hella shakeing, I started her up again, and pulled out of the ditch and Into a flat area. Left her running got out of the car, still hella shakeing, lit a cigarette, and just looked at her. Man, that was some crazy **** that day.
Celicam8
****, today same thing happened, there was no way of breaking, and what was worse i had NO control over the car, almost went into my neighbors car, went on neighbors property and almost took out a mailbox... this ice is ****! i just moved to IL and I had to get the worst weather possible...UGH!
RedSunCelica
buy a 10 pound bag of salt and salt the road. should kill the ice.
Celicam8
salt the roads as i go?
easternpiro1
hell yeah! salt as you go! and charge somebody for making you buy it!
Celicam8
i wished... sucked though... almost 3 accidents in 10min
zoik
just something that i taught about
all the weight is on the front, so when you clinb a hill ,no more enough power to the front wheels, so why dont you clinb it in reverse? all the weight will be on the front (now rear)wheels and same with the power?
and if you start goinmg bacwards, youl be on the right way to take over the control again
hoppinmg being usefull(only if youre driving a fwd celi)
Insanity-74
Get a couple of friends to sit on the bonnet just above the front wheels, and drive slow, that might help a bit
jason
x2 for the reverse.. i do that sometimes when it gets really bad and theres noone around to hold up in traffic
Daftboy
I would get a new set a tires....all-seasons suck for thick snow and ice....you should really invest in a pair...
Celicam8
nah, none of that will help... the hill is too steep the car will just go forward... i wont even go up a 1/5 of the hill...
punkuup5150
if its not a driveway is there a different route u can take even if its a bit longer to save u the headache of this and protect your celi from any accidents in the future? luckyly i live where it doesnt snow but the rain sucks so i dont know about driving in the white stuff unless im going snowboarding but then im driving my dads 4x4 biggrin.gif
Celicam8
not really there are all hills, funny i was stuck at the bottom and couldnt get out had to park at the public parking until it got cleaned up had to drive the tacoma for a day
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.