Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pressure regulator
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
pabel89
ok as most of u kno im trying to turbocharge my 7afe to a 7afte im using a walbro fuel pump and i need a fuel pressure regulator some suggested the 1:1 fuel pressure regulator but i found this universal one in ebay. let me kno what u think. and will it work ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-Pressu...sspagenameZWDVW
LewFX
buy the sard brand if you want qaulity
Harold_Fastwaker
I don't trust $23 FPRs
OOBE
Go ahead and set the example, Pabel. When your car just throws a piston out the hood, you'll know why we stress so much that taking the cheap route is bad. You need to stick to quality parts. If they're wholesale cheap in price parts on eBay, they will be cheap on quality too.
beno
I was just talking to a tuner for my ecu and he said; sard definately, you dont ever mess around with something that important. but everyone has their own opinion. He also said that there are other good brands but he has found the sard to be good quality and reliable.
I think the 'sard standard rising rate' is the one that youll want for a turbo. 1:1 wouldnt be rising rate but the best thing you can do is to ring a ecu tuner and chat with them
ice23q
I have a Magnafuel reg.....works real good..... Have a look.

http://www.magnumforce.com/magnaflow_fuelr...0Control%20Unit.
pabel89
ok so a sard fuel regulator when i install the supra TT walbro fuel pump it will fit right in i dnt have to do anything custom so it can fit in my car???
presure2
QUOTE(beno @ Dec 3, 2007 - 4:04 AM) [snapback]619169[/snapback]

I was just talking to a tuner for my ecu and he said; sard definately, you dont ever mess around with something that important. but everyone has their own opinion. He also said that there are other good brands but he has found the sard to be good quality and reliable.
I think the 'sard standard rising rate' is the one that youll want for a turbo. 1:1 wouldnt be rising rate but the best thing you can do is to ring a ecu tuner and chat with them

actually, beno, a 1:1 regulator, al'la the 3sgte stock one, IS a rising rate FPR, it raises FP 1psi for every psi of boost.
so, if your running 5psi, it adds 5psi of fuel pressure, ect.
wink.gif
OOBE
Yeah, when I read that I was like "wat", LOL. What is a 1:1 if it's not rising rate? laugh.gif
Tony_the_Tiger
1:1 is standard really... When we refer to rising rate, it also means "additional" fuel is increased as boost rises. Pretty much all factory fuel regulators are 1:1. There is no additional fueling with a 1:1 regulator.

The SX 2:1 is a true rising rate. The Cartech FMU are rising rate regulators. The engine is receiving additional fuel whenever boost increases.

A 1:1 regulator doesn't increase more fuel.. it maintains base fuel pressures when fuel is firing from the injector.

For exmaple, 45 PSI base pressure at the fuel rail minus the 20 PSI positive pressure in the intake manifold = 25 psi of fuel from the injectors due to boost fighting against the injector itself.

A 1:1 rising rate will maintain 45 psi firing out of the injector. 65 PSI rail pressure fighting against 20 PSI of manifold pressure will still result in only 45 psi exiting the injector.

Anything higher than 1:1 will be considered a true rising rate. smile.gif
beno
Yeah i was thinking aftermarket rising rate meant that it more than proportionally increases the fuel pressure ie not just at a linear rate of 1:1
Turbofun
That ebay FPR will actually close fuel return when the pressure is risen enough. Pretty crappy.

Stick with known brand that works smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.