Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slipped clucth, Cracked Radiator, Worn Boots
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
njccmd2002

Well some of the most common problem with our cars. So everybody knows what to expect !

1. My clutch slipped at 150,000

2. My Boots (axles were changed at 75,000) by previous owner

3. My radiator, well Im still crossing fingers.. laugh.gif , will be changed soon enough...

Anybody has input.
phonex98
Yea.... mileage isn't a great indicator for these types of problems because clutch slip is dependent on how much you use the clutch/ how decent you rev match! Im past 200 000 miles and still no slipping!
Kadett
Milage has all to do with what kind of driving you do. City driving will eat away the clutch alot more then all 5th gear highway driving.

About the Radiator. Rather change is sooner then later, mine was on the way out but still had some life in it left, but didn't want to risk it. I'd rather spend the 200-300 dollars 1 year sooner then having to rebuild an engine because the radiator blew.
Soulend
I'm some where around 160K on my celi, and I just replaced my clutch, and axles.... and tranny mount. but I was driving on it for a while like this. also... I think my dad had gotten a bad clutch about two years ago. then again the mileage was waaaaaaaay less two years ago *Grumbles as his dads ex* and I haven't had a problem with the radiator at all.

man its ridiculous what one person can do to a car *sighs*

Soul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.