Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6GC member rides + Photoshop love = fun
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Multimedia
OOBE
Lately, I've been reading a lot on vintage photography and it has gotten me very interested. The way people manipulated film to achieve their personal style, and the way each film brand and model had its own characteristics. Velvia and Kodachrome interested me the most. I've always shot digital, but I'm going to give a shot at film. A friend of mine has experience on it already, so I'll grab one of her old Nikons, buy me some nice Kodak and Fujifilm rolls and start shooting away. I shouldn't have a problem with it, since I always shoot on manual focus on my digital cameras, I'm pretty dead on when reading the meter, and I always use the Manual mode for exposure and aperture control. tongue.gif

I fiddled around with a few of my favorite rides of 6GC and I just wanted to show them. I'll keep looking arounf for shots that get my eye and I'll mess with them. It's nothing out of this world, but since my Celica is not in shape to be photographed, I still wanted to get rid of the photography itch, even if it wasn't my own, and apply some of the weirdness of old films. smile.gif Most of this is just curves and playing with the saturation adjustment layers, so anybody can do it.

Guess who? By the way, good eye on these shots. wink.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Supersprynt
Some nice treatments. I sit and play with CS2 alot. Sorta relaxing. Some early stuff:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
OOBE
I'm a sucker for those diffuse glows, like in the first and second picture.
biggrin.gif I hate motion blur, however. I don't know if it has to do with my OCD, but anything blurry and mooshy gives me stress. I don't read car magazines for that reason. They tend to abuse that effect, either by faking it in PS or doing it the real way with the camera mounts. tongue.gif I love the warm filter effect on Tufy's car. smile.gif
Supersprynt
LOL stress blurs. Manny & Stephs car were taken obviously while driving, and IMO the only reason to take pics like that is to get the movement.

If you like the vintage look, these are from my personal collection. I'll keep them small since obviously they are not of cars.

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
OOBE
Cool, man. There is something about buildings in NY. It's just too cool. I was just reading up today about some old man that used to take pictures in NY back in the 60s and 70s, but just from the psychodelic lifestyle, not "nice" ones and now he regrets doing so because NY has changed so much, and he doesn't have the pictures to see how nice it was back then.
OOBE

I blended in this picture, which I took with my cellphone at the beach a few month ago.
IPB Image

It's not polished, 'cause I'm going to bed, but you get the idea. tongue.gif
IPB Image
95st-celica
^^ thats cool!
97lestyousay
That is cool. smile.gif .
CelicaST_CALI
how are u guys doing this....
OOBE
Well, first you need a decently composed picture of a car, with a clean background. Because, as we all know, you can Photoshop the hell out of a picture and if it's crap to begin with, well...you've heard the saying about polishing a turd. tongue.gif Then, it's really up to your likes. You start Photoshop and work with the Curves adjustment layers, and all the other adjustment layers that will suit whatever you have in mind for the picture. In all these pictures, there is really not much done to them. They're not Photoshoped to hell like some people refer to edited pictures. You can do any of this pictures in five minutes just taking your sweet time, and most of the time is spent just changing your mind and doing a different edit. smile.gif
snapshotgt
Nice work OOBE. smile.gif
Kadett
Nice work OOBE, especially on my car laugh.gif

Would love to work on my Photoshop skills (dont go any further then MS Paint biggrin.gif ) but I just dont have the time for it.
OOBE
Thanks, guys. Oh, there is time. You just need to find it. tongue.gif Man, it's really hard to find a decent picture in this site. 99.99% of people here cannot take a good picture to save their lives, LOL. laugh.gif
OOBE
Another one. The picture is noisy and I can tell the camera doesn't take quality pictures, but the composition was good enough to try something with it. I liked the outcome. smile.gif

Original.
IPB Image

Edited. I used the sky from another picture, since the one from the original is blown out.
IPB Image

Edited in B&W.
IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.