Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rebuilding 5s head
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Valo666
So, ive been thinkin about rebuilding one of my old cylinder heads i have sittin around in my garage and gettin a set of thouse Web re-ground cams like the ones that Dustin has. Any ways, my old head im gonna take to a local engine shop and get them to rebuild it, but im thinkin i wanna put in new springs, retainers etc, but i was also thinkin of going with some bigger valves. Is there any valves that would fit in our cylinder heads with little work??..like Im planning on gettin a 3 angle valve job any ways, but i figure if i can get some bigger/stronger valves in there, it would be worth while. Im also going to be gettin the valve guides re-done too. My old head pretty much had 2 of the guides out of round. Any ways I wont be sending away for the cams or be sending my head to the machine shop untill probably mid jan. Im just trying to get some info and figure out what im gonna b doing.
presure2
MCS said they would use 3sgte valves for a 1mm oversize when i talked to them about head work for my 5s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.