Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am Legend
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
snapshotgt
Saw it last night.
Great movie, some parts were pretty intense.
Will Smith's acting was top notch. Overall, I give it thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif.

IPB Image
bccentaur3
The movie was really good. But I hyped the movie up way too much for myself and was really dissappointed at the end. But overall I would have to give him 2 thumbs up. Will Smith is the man.
j0e_p3t
yup. pretty good movie. mostly cuz of will smith. better loner than tom hanks in cast away.
jcaron9gt4
cant wait to see this
Culpable04
I didn't like the ending, but overall it was a great movie.
massbrandon
Can't wait to see this movie. Been waiting for quite a while.
808celica
i knew someone was gonna make a thread.

yeah the movie was great even better with chicks on both sides of you.........lol

movie was completly sold out. all seats filled and stuff.

dont worry....about a thing....cuz everything. is gonna be alright.................lol

j0e_p3t
too bad his dog died? what about his wife and kid? and every other person on earth.
Redline08
too bad his dog died? what about his wife and kid? and every other person on earth.

sam dieing was wayy more sad, imo
jcaron9gt4
this thread better not reveal anything else about the movie for us that still havnt seen it...thanks
Supersprynt
Yeah I was afraid that dog would die. I hate when they do that. Why put a dog in a movie if your going to kill it? Wtf?! I much rather see the human population die than a dog.
daazndood
yeah it was awesome. but one thing i didnt like about it was that the vampires were a little too "godly" if you know what i mean. i know they are mutated and all but they basically became supermans. pushing cars around like they are toys and climbing buildings like king kong.
Culpable04
why do we have to reveal details of the movie. just post your opinions ( good, bad , great ) some members have not watched the movie and we don't wanna spoil the movie for them, do we ?
xs94st
i tried to get to the last showing last nite n got ownd because of soldoutness.

will watch tomorrow as well as no country for old men smile.gif
snapshotgt
Lets not spoil the movie for people who have not seen it. smile.gif
If you want to add detail (spoilers) to you post - post it in white, and those of us who want to see it can highlight.
bccentaur3
Dude, are you guys serious about the dog though?
Jeunesse
hahaha yea me and my wife just got back from the theatre watching this... it was a pretty good movie but I too did get hyped up about it. Didn't like the ending that much too and the way he killed the dog was so sad. Dang dark seekers... oh hey... how bout that Shelby Mustang eh? wink.gif
CelicaBuddy
I loved it. smile.gif

The ending was kinda weird though... kindasad.gif But still! kept me on my toes the whole time.
lx130
MOVIE WAS GREAT. but i do agree.....ending could have been better..

you guys should check out teh book it was based on... i think the story was a little bit different in teh book.... where will smith's character... was a LEGEND because he was basically the "vampires" enemy in the book they were scared of him cuz they slept during the day and he could kill them, so its like a reverse role of dracula (a legend), the whole virus spread thing is the same in teh book also i think... but yea... woulda been interesting if they put that into consideration of the movie...
bccentaur3
^ sounds kind of like Blade. The dog killing was sad at all. Think about it. Theres a reason why he killed sam.
lx130
QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Dec 16, 2007 - 2:33 AM) [snapback]623140[/snapback]

^ sounds kind of like Blade. The dog killing was sad at all. Think about it. Theres a reason why he killed sam.

haha yea i guess it does sound kinda like blade... but i think i like will smith better... dude kicks ass....
BlackCelicaGT94
omg the dog dies? i cant see it then. Ill cry. :-(
Redline08
Ill cry. :-(

Yea you will, like everyone did in the theatre
jdg371
I went to Cinema Cafe to watch it, people there are rude and what not. It was an OK movie, I was too hyped by the previews. The end was wierd. The way he interacts with his "peers" was hilarious.
Batman722
so there are vampires in this movie ?

?
Jeunesse
sort of... Vampires in a way that they can't stand UV rays. They are actually mutated humans that are way too aggresive and have more than human abilities.
chucho
when sam died the movie was dead to me...
GriffGirl
I saw the movie yesterday afternoon and thought it was totally excellent. If you're looking for a good zombie movie, this isn't the movie for you; it focuses more on Will Smith's character than the zombies, but if you're into the notion of a lone survivor after a virtual apocalypse, it's a great movie. I loved it.
Jeunesse
hehehe the producers saved a lot on the talent fees, didn't they? laugh.gif laugh.gif
HrMajestyUK
QUOTE(Redline08 @ Dec 16, 2007 - 4:03 PM) [snapback]623244[/snapback]

Ill cry. :-(

Yea you will, like everyone did in the theatre

you are joking? OMG.. ok cute dog, but disappointed in the movie.

BlackCelicaGT94
Ok so I didnt cry. I thought it was going to be graphic when he died like Id see zombies feasting on the dog. So I was ok but I did get scared in some parts lol. I loved it. I thought it was a great movie.

I love how Will Smith says "OH HELL NO" in like every movie
HrMajestyUK
QUOTE(BlackCelicaGT94 @ Dec 25, 2007 - 9:11 AM) [snapback]625575[/snapback]

Ok so I didnt cry. I thought it was going to be graphic when he died like Id see zombies feasting on the dog. So I was ok but I did get scared in some parts lol. I loved it. I thought it was a great movie.

I love how Will Smith says "OH HELL NO" in like every movie

yeah must admit i was seat hopping in a few bits too, mainly cos the music gets scary...why do they do that? I screamed at the theatre watching weekend at bernies!!
x_itchy_b_x
makes me glad i didn't take the flue shot this year... biggrin.gif
i saw this the other night. it kept me entertained.
jcbass7
i liked it, in my opinion it was the american version of 28 days later, but i really enjoyed watching one person live in such a large city.

Did anyone notice the helicopter that his wife flew away in? thats an HH65-C Dolphin Coast Guard helicopter biggrin.gif

Those are what i want to fly if i get flight school after the academy smile.gif
malpaso
I have seen that movie as well and I'm bit confused... nothing especial frown.gif. How is that possible it's hit?
BloodyStupidDavey
QUOTE(lx130 @ Dec 16, 2007 - 6:31 AM) [snapback]623129[/snapback]

you guys should check out teh book it was based on...

Yea there were some things that didn't make sense in the movie as often happens when a book is turned into a screenplay then from a screenplay into a film.

I think it would have been better as two films. First one covering the discovery of the cure for cancer up to the helicopter scene when he turns back and the bridges are destroyed (basically the back story) and then a sequel from that point up to the end scene with a little more insight into what is going on with the vampire-zombies.

The Shrek scene was hilarious though. Worth watching the movie just for that biggrin.gif
zero07
I am so gonna spoil the next big movie!! thumbsup.gif laugh.gif woot.gif thumbsup.gif woot.gif biggrin.gif

RAMBO DIES !!!!!!! HA!HA!HA!HA! J/K
LewFX
its enh, not will smiths best movie but enh
malpaso
maybe someone who has read the book would answer:

- what that cancer cure/medicine has to do with whole story?
- that zombie/vampire virus or something... where is from? Has "Smith" anything to do with that?
- those night creatures made trap... same one as "Smith"... were they intelligent or something? I had feeling they are not stupid or degenerated as "Smith" mentioned in the movie... They knew what they doing and I had feeling there is some reason for that... but who knows...
- how is possible "Smith" is immune completely but his dog only from airborne spread...

bccentaur3
If you paid attention to the movie, smith and a number of people I think about 500,000? were immune. But the mutated humans killed them off due to starvation. The dog not sure. Smith and the girl and that little boy were the few immunes, but the girl carried the cure for the mutation. The mutation wasn;t really a vampire effect, the cancer cure caused the humans immune system to increase and turn them into freaks basically.
jcbass7
kanines as in dogs and if you noticed the dear, appeared to only be contagios to the virus through blood or bites etc but immune to the airborne strain.

will smith was the military colonel in charge of New York, hence the reason he was determined to fix the problem and find a cure. It was his responsibility and mission to take car of the situation which is why he never gave up

the virus evolved from the cancer cure that the scientist invented and it mutated from there to become the virus that infected everyone.

and if you noticed in the film he said something like.. day 1000 and then he made audio notes about the behaviour of the infected. something about one almost coming outside to get him in the sun..

that same infected witnessed his trap and replicated it somewhere else to try to catch him. It appeared that they got more intelligent as time went on.

does that help malpaso?
LewFX
they cut the movie short when smith died, ya they got the cure but never explain how they got all the zombies cured, did thye go out and inject each one, was it a airborne thing...i thought because smith took that zombies daughter, he wanted her back...too bad they used Ford vehicles are the time and they sure brand new looking.
Toyoca
QUOTE(LewFX @ Dec 31, 2007 - 11:57 AM) [snapback]626941[/snapback]

they cut the movie short when smith died, ya they got the cure but never explain how they got all the zombies cured, did thye go out and inject each one, was it a airborne thing...i thought because smith took that zombies daughter, he wanted her back...too bad they used Ford vehicles are the time and they sure brand new looking.

yea i thought it appeared that the mutated person wanted the girl back. whereas will smith said that it went in the light because it was becoming less human and wasnt thinking. that sounds like a reach to me.....

btw didnt really like the movie. twas blah
GriffGirl
They definitely left a lot of unanswered questions, but I never got the impression that they cured the zombies, I was under the impression that they were basically just rebuilding with the colony in Vermont and letting the zombies outside die off. The point of the antibody was to develop a vaccine from it so they could propogate a new society.
malpaso
QUOTE(jcbass7 @ Dec 31, 2007 - 5:34 PM) [snapback]626938[/snapback]

kanines as in dogs and if you noticed the dear, appeared to only be contagios to the virus through blood or bites etc but immune to the airborne strain....

right... there were dears and lions... got it...

will smith was the military colonel in charge of New York, hence the reason he was determined to fix the problem and find a cure. It was his responsibility and mission to take car of the situation which is why he never gave up

I see... so soldier not scientist... it's bit confusing... he had skills and methods as scientist so first I thought he involved that mutating virus.

the virus evolved from the cancer cure that the scientist invented and it mutated from there to become the virus that infected everyone.

I see...

and if you noticed in the film he said something like.. day 1000 and then he made audio notes about the behaviour of the infected. something about one almost coming outside to get him in the sun..

that same infected witnessed his trap and replicated it somewhere else to try to catch him. It appeared that they got more intelligent as time went on.

Exactly! I have noticed that taping and disagreed smile.gif It seemed like that one coming outside the dark tried to rescue that other one trapped in bag or something... and it seemed it was personal

does that help malpaso?

yes thank you so much smile.gif It's obvious my English can not catch everything smile.gif
malpaso
QUOTE(LewFX @ Dec 31, 2007 - 5:57 PM) [snapback]626941[/snapback]

...i thought because smith took that zombies daughter, he wanted her back...

I had the same feeling smile.gif Pity they did not explain that a bit or something... however I'm glad I'm not the one who has noticed smile.gif
Havok1997GT
QUOTE(GriffGirl @ Dec 31, 2007 - 1:33 PM) [snapback]626970[/snapback]

They definitely left a lot of unanswered questions, but I never got the impression that they cured the zombies, I was under the impression that they were basically just rebuilding with the colony in Vermont and letting the zombies outside die off. The point of the antibody was to develop a vaccine from it so they could propogate a new society.

but he kept calling it a cure. and how it showed him curing one. I think the idea was that he found out how to cure the ones already zombies, or whatever.

anyways the cinamintography was epic
LewFX
he lowered the girls temp and by miracle it started to work...how they gona apply that to the other zombies..
forkee
yea the ending blew....

he finally found a cure and he fills up ONE tiny vial. i would have done a few, or stuck the body in with them, or cut off an arm or something. and why the heck would he have a grenade and a pic of his family in that room. i came to the conclusion that he had a suicide grenade in every drawer hahaha.

everytime that main bad guy would scream, he reminded me of the bad guy in the mummy.
jcbass7
I agree about that one particular guy chasing smith for the girl. I was definatly under the impression that he wanted her back or wanted revenge for him taking her. I also felt that part was personal, but they never connected that in the movie.

About the end, only thing we know is that she got to the colony, after that.. the rest is left to the imagination.

Remember how she said that they couldn't survive in the cold up north? makes you wonder what connection that has with the cure that takes lowering the body temperature to work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.