Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Black Apexi Turbo Timer Pen Size
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Buying/Selling
LewFX
used about a week. works fine, comes with the HKS harness so everything is plug and play...asking $100 shipped.
pittfirefighter
QUOTE(LewFX @ Dec 17, 2007 - 3:15 PM) [snapback]623637[/snapback]

used about a week. works fine, comes with the HKS harness so everything is plug and play...asking $100 shipped.

is this their auto turbo timer?? (counts up based on time in boost) if so i am very interested...
Supersprynt
How is it plug and play for a non turbo car?
pittfirefighter
it doesn't hook up to the turbo... it hooks up to the ignition... there's not too many benefits of putting it on a non-turbo car though....
Supersprynt
I know how it hooks up. I have one, theres no plug & play harness for our cars. You have to splice everything.
LewFX
you use this, the turbo timer plugs into the hks harness which plugs into the stock ingition harness so no splicing necessary.

IPB Image
pittfirefighter
lew is this the auto turbo timer for apexi?? or is this just a manual version?
Supersprynt
Does HKS make this specifically for the Apex timer? I am confused by this cross-branding. I would have liked to known this existed 2 years ago.
NgoFcukinWay
is the harness car specific? cuz I might pick this up for the Supra.
lagos
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Dec 19, 2007 - 9:02 AM) [snapback]624114[/snapback]

I know how it hooks up. I have one, theres no plug & play harness for our cars. You have to splice everything.

yes there is. just lookup what harness they recommend for the st205 and use that. plugs right in.
pittfirefighter
lew can you tell me if this is an auto turbo timer... i'm still trying to buy this...
NgoFcukinWay
how much for just the turbo timer?
LewFX
QUOTE(pittfirefighter @ Dec 24, 2007 - 8:19 PM) [snapback]625514[/snapback]

lew can you tell me if this is an auto turbo timer... i'm still trying to buy this...

its a turbo timer for n/a or turbo...im sure it can be made for auto or manual

QUOTE(NgoFcukinWay @ Dec 24, 2007 - 9:07 PM) [snapback]625520[/snapback]

how much for just the turbo timer?

id rather sell both since i wont need a harness
pittfirefighter
[quote name='LewFX' date='Dec 24, 2007 - 11:35 PM' post='625527']
[quote name='pittfirefighter' post='625514' date='Dec 24, 2007 - 8:19 PM']
[/quote]

its a turbo timer for n/a or turbo...im sure it can be made for auto or manual

no i mean is it an automatic turbo timer.... which means for instance.... it will start at a 30 second duration when you start the car.... as you boost... the timer counts up... as you are out of boost the timer counts down.... therefore determines how long the timer will leave the car running automatically depending on time in boost... this is called a full auto turbo timer... if you have to program the duration every time you use it or if its just saved on the timer.... then its a manual controller....
6strngs
which HKS harness did you use? I checked their website and didn't see a listing for ST202/204 or ST205. Does the one for ST185/SW20 (same part number for both) work? also do you know which timers this would work for? obviously HKS and Apexi, how about Greddy or others?

Sorry for the kind off-topic questions. I'm interested in buying just the harness if NgoFcukinWay or somebody else wants to buy just the timer.
LewFX
yeah its automatic, i had it set at 30 seconds..it was neat, i turn off car, take key out, car still runs til 30 secs and turns off. the harness number is TT04..was made for a supra but works for our car...i used the search feature on 6gc and came up with the result.
pittfirefighter
it should just be a bypass harness which means it will work for every turbo timer.... however the greddy will need more splicing... the harness has bare wires at one end and thats what the turbo timer connects to... this way there is no cutting of the ignition wires and its easy to return to stock....

any turbo timer that has extra features such as the greddy will need extra splicing... features include turn off when parking brake it pulled or foot brake is pressed... as well as an RPM gauge or speedo hookup
pittfirefighter
lew pic of the turbo timer?
6strngs
QUOTE(pittfirefighter @ Dec 25, 2007 - 10:31 AM) [snapback]625627[/snapback]

it should just be a bypass harness which means it will work for every turbo timer.... however the greddy will need more splicing... the harness has bare wires at one end and thats what the turbo timer connects to... this way there is no cutting of the ignition wires and its easy to return to stock....

any turbo timer that has extra features such as the greddy will need extra splicing... features include turn off when parking brake it pulled or foot brake is pressed... as well as an RPM gauge or speedo hookup

sounds good to me. I know how to splice wires, I just would prefer the option to convert back to stock easily should I need to at some point.
LewFX
IPB Image
NgoFcukinWay
Pm sent. wrd.
LewFX
sold..please close
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.