Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: water coming out of exhaust
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
94_st_hatchback
recently, water has been leaking out of my muffler. it drips at idle and when revving/driving, it starts to run quite a bit. is this something major?
Hanyo
not a problem at all.

its happens to brand new cars
devilsden97
QUOTE(94_st_hatchback @ Jan 2, 2008 - 1:42 PM) [snapback]627462[/snapback]

recently, water has been leaking out of my muffler. it drips at idle and when revving/driving, it starts to run quite a bit. is this something major?

honestly just sounds like condensation. (hot, cold, water vapor, some science blah blah)

if its coming out after its SITS, then has trouble starting, or running....then id get a little concerend with head gaskets and other seals.
Rayme
I think most of it is a byproduct of the cat
94_st_hatchback
ok..thanks alot guys!
NaderG
QUOTE(94_st_hatchback @ Jan 3, 2008 - 5:06 PM) [snapback]627812[/snapback]

ok..thanks alot guys!

yes, but if his car didnt do that before , then it might not just be condensation. It could be that you have coolant leaking in your oil , which means one of your seals cracked or soemthing , check your oil and see if it looks whitish or more like beige
808celica
or your a/c might be on...........lol
celicamike
Water is a product of combustion. When a hydrocarbon burns, the hydrogen reacts with oxygen to form water, and the carbon reacts with oxygen to form carbon dioxide. (there are other minor products too)

Sorry for the lecture, I'm a chemist rolleyes.gif
azian_advanced
^correct.
Celiracer18
the way they blend the gas nowadays creates more water than it used to. Every day now i see trucks with dual exhaust and it looks like they might as well be a garden hose with all the water coming out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.