Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe Forged Rods by Belfab (Finally)
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
boostcrazy
I just got off the phone with Belfab Racing about the Toyota 1.8 Rods he has avaliable. They sd that they are not for the 7afe but he has already talked to someone about making them. They are ready to put the rod into production as they have all the design work ready to go for this engine. All he sd he is waiting on is 25 people to commit to the buy and he will make them all for 320.00 per set. Additionally he sd he is going to make a batch of another 25 sets with these to keep in stock.

You can see them here: http://www.belfabracing.com/

This company makes rods for top of the line companies in mass quantities. They simply just wanted to start making some in their own name for the extra business. We need the 7a'rs to join in and commit so we can now have a decent rod at a decent price!
Dr_Tweak
That's great to see you working on this, but I can pretty much guarantee you that you won't be able to find 25 people to buy in on rods. I couldn't even get 10 people to buy in on lightweight flywheels!

Good luck though! smile.gif I will keep this in mind when people ask me about forged parts for the 7A.

-Doc
boostcrazy
QUOTE(Dr_Tweak @ Jan 3, 2008 - 5:47 PM) [snapback]627902[/snapback]

That's great to see you working on this, but I can pretty much guarantee you that you won't be able to find 25 people to buy in on rods. I couldn't even get 10 people to buy in on lightweight flywheels!

Good luck though! smile.gif I will keep this in mind when people ask me about forged parts for the 7A.

-Doc

If its flywheels for the 7afe, add me to your list! biggrin.gif Im hoping people will jump in on it but Im with you, I dont really see 25 people dishing it out.
orangekid
this topic started on the Club4ag forums for guys interested in 7age conversions...see link, there's already a few guys interested...
7a forged rods...club4ag

and here's a thread from these forums...
7a forged rods...6gc
orangekid
bump this...we only need 12 people, and we already have 6...
orangekid
bump?
orangekid
bump for the last time...
trd94
QUOTE(orangekid @ Mar 1, 2008 - 11:28 PM) [snapback]648233[/snapback]

bump for the last time...

i am interested but i dont know when i will upgrade my rods . if you could pm me some more info on this wink.gif
orangekid
read this and weep...for joy that is...i doubt they're in production yet, but it looks like it's happening, eh?

http://www.belfabracing.com/pr...ac009
boostcrazy
QUOTE(orangekid @ Mar 9, 2008 - 4:18 PM) [snapback]651056[/snapback]

read this and weep...for joy that is...i doubt they're in production yet, but it looks like it's happening, eh?

http://www.belfabracing.com/pr...ac009

VICTORY IS OURS,,,,,,, CONGRATS TO ALL 7AFE OWNERS!!!! THANKS TO ALL WHO SENT EMAILS AND INQUIRED FOR THESE, WE CAN KNOW GET AFFORDABLE FORGED RODS. IM OREDERING MINE APRIL 25TH WHEN THEY WILL BE READY.
mikecelica
how much extra boost will forged rods allow? What will they do exactly?
boostcrazy
QUOTE(mikecelica @ Mar 10, 2008 - 5:02 PM) [snapback]651575[/snapback]

how much extra boost will forged rods allow? What will they do exactly?

Forged rods are mich lighter allowing a quicker reving motor. Also forged rods will easily hold about any HP or rev that you could possibly push out of this engine or any of the hybrids, i.e. 7afe, 7agte, 7agze, etc.
mikecelica
So on a turboed 7afe with stock internals... getting forged rods would allow the motor to handle more boost and make it less likely the motor to blow because of too much boost?
Culpable04
forged rods + too much boost + not enough fuel = BOOM !

these forged rods are stronger than stock but most people will not push the 7A that far anyways, to push the motor far enough to need forged rods you will have a lot of other supporting mods and not just turning up the boost on a basic turbo set-up because you have forged rods.

mikecelica
ohh ok that makes sense,
thanks
orangekid
if anybody is interested in these, belfab is taking preorders to kickstart production
http://www.belfabracing.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1314

here's the email i got when i told him we had 5 buyers...

"Scott, I will put the rods on the web site, have the guys go there and buy
them I will put in production as soon as I receive the 5 orders and will
ship 35-40 day, I will only run 25 sets this time and see how it go's (may
be we will sell them quick)
Jim "
xinginteg
wow this is great maybe i can keep the 7a after all, what about the pistons will the 7a pistons handle the boost or do the 7agze pistons fit right on the rods?

I am going to have to do some research on this I may buy!

correction 4agze pistons smile.gif
boostcrazy
QUOTE(orangekid @ Apr 23, 2008 - 6:06 PM) [snapback]667470[/snapback]

if anybody is interested in these, belfab is taking preorders to kickstart production
http://www.belfabracing.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1314

here's the email i got when i told him we had 5 buyers...

"Scott, I will put the rods on the web site, have the guys go there and buy
them I will put in production as soon as I receive the 5 orders and will
ship 35-40 day, I will only run 25 sets this time and see how it go's (may
be we will sell them quick)
Jim "

Just tell me when you have four other than me. Ill buy as soon as we have five.
orangekid
4agze pistons should fit right on these...

Boostcrazy, I urge you to just order a set. The more people we have, the better. I do know for a fact that we have 3/5 orders already placed.
xinginteg
Great if the 4agze piston fit I am all in
orangekid
these are officially going into production now...
95celicastLSR
Im goin to for sure order a set next weekend for my 7a build keep all u guys posted and what i use for others to get an idea of how to build there own crazy boost set up! also check out www.importperformanceparts.net they can custom build heads,have ur crank knife edged and custom pistons...ill kepp u guys up to date with my build..
OOBE
They are made. Yay. I'm gonna order a set later on today. I already tested the stock rods at 15 PSI and they held, but I want more now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.