Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is300
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
celicaboston1983
hey guys thinking about getting a is300 always though they looked good. Any have any inputs about the car
maintenance performance mpg reliablity stuff like that.
Supersprynt
I don't have any real input only that I have wanted one since they came out, always thought about putting a 2jzgte in one.
Aus
Is the is300 the same as toyota altezza?? beams engine import...?
CelicaBuddy
My sister had one before it became too expensive for college...

damn nice car indeed it was... Very quick and nimble, VERY smooth ride, I dont know the gas mileage exactly, but it was fairly decent if i recall correctly... I definitely wouldn't shun you away from them, it was an awesome car from what I've seen...

Its a big shame she sold it for a tC though laugh.gif but with $500+ car payments a month, a huge commute, and going to the one of most expensive private schools in the state, what can ya do?
Consynx
nice ride capable of 400whp for fairly cheap
celicaboston1983
probley gonna stay stock just going to drive it to work and maybe some trips to montreal. How expensive is replacement parts anyone? celicabuddy was your sister's IS a automatic im trying to look for a 5spd and its kinda of hard to find one.

one more thing how much miles should I expect for a 7 yr old car?
xs94st
they are nice and have good features..easy stuff to do as well if you decide to do slight exterior mods such as altezza lights..drove in my friends before..he was driving and an electrical box came out of nowhere going 80mph n totalled the car..lol
jason
12k to 15k per year is considered "average" for a car so for a 7 year car 100,000 miles isint too shabby, but high in my opinion, id try to find one with 40-50k if that on it if possible

yes they are the same as an altezza, but sure about beams though

parts are a bit more and some maintenance is more involved than a celica, but im sure the impression you get from the general cost of the car is about correct for parts - but i have no clue, i imagine an 02 IS is about equal to an 06 camry as far as parts prices go
goferris
from what i have read it isn't going to have a beams in it. i don't think toyota sent any cars with a beams stock to north america. but the IS300 is the same as the altezza just a different badge.
gl on finding a 5spd though. i would love to get one myself. too much $$$ for my wallet though.
j0e_p3t
always wanted an is300 too. possibly the only affordable car i'd trade my celi for, if the right deal came along (besides a mkiv supra). the usdm is has the 2jzge and the jdm altezza has the beams 3sge. either way, the car puts up some great numbers and looks awesome.
bccentaur3
I get to drive my moms 04 is300 once in a while. Its a nice car. Hers came with the sport package and all that stuff. Traction control works well and best of all its a stick. Heated seats and all that good stuff. Trying ot talk her into boosting the 2jzge and lower it this summer. We will see. For my taste I wouldn't go with the is300. Its a nice car and all and very comparable to a 3 series bmw, but I rather have an evo as a daily.
CelicaBuddy
QUOTE(celicaboston1983 @ Jan 15, 2008 - 6:31 PM) [snapback]631154[/snapback]

probley gonna stay stock just going to drive it to work and maybe some trips to montreal. How expensive is replacement parts anyone? celicabuddy was your sister's IS a automatic im trying to look for a 5spd and its kinda of hard to find one.

one more thing how much miles should I expect for a 7 yr old car?

She actually had the 5 speed... Just being extremely persistent with lexus dealers, one just happened to come in... so basically outa pure luck she got that thing... good luck with your search though... she was on the lookout for a few months it seemed like.
Rayme
I did some research on it, I was considering one and the major flaw is that is gets crap MPG.. if you compare it to a bmw..one the plus side, they are descently powered and they are very reliable
95celgt
yes 2jzge, its lighter than the supra so it should be decent.....i got to drive a limeted edition 97 NA supra for a night and although it was the cleanest 97 i had or will ever see in my life it was annoyingly slow.........BARELY being able to beat stock 240's and it ran a best of 15.7 in the quarter, is300 is alot lighter though and they are selling one locally for 9K now that i remember ill go take a look at it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.