Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S-AFC II... need more info
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
JasonX
hello guys,
so far all I got is the Injen SRI as far as mods go. I'm thinking about getting a S-AFC II next. I had a few questions.

1. What are the gains from it? How will it be different than now?
2. Is it worth it?
3. Are there any disadvantages/dangers from using it?
4. Do I have to use 91 octane?

Thanks
Harold_Fastwaker
QUOTE(JasonX @ Jan 22, 2008 - 4:13 AM) [snapback]633170[/snapback]

hello guys,
so far all I got is the Injen SRI as far as mods go. I'm thinking about getting a S-AFC II next. I had a few questions.

1. What are the gains from it? How will it be different than now?
2. Is it worth it?
3. Are there any disadvantages/dangers from using it?
4. Do I have to use 91 octane?

Thanks

1. Gains will maybe be 3hp.
2. No, people really only use it for turbos. However, there are far better ways to go about it.
3. Yes there are dangers. If you do not fully understand what you are doing you can lean your motor out.
4. No, you dont need 91 octane. All a Safc does is change how much fuel is being added.

My recommendation: Don't waste your money on it.
DEATH
Wait - that's not entirely true. I had one on my previous car before the Turbo went on and I got a good tune from a really knowledgable guy who's been tuning imports for over 12years and I could def feel some gains. If you have a wideband you can def see parts of the stock tune that are just lacking in fuel and a good tuner can utilize the SAFC-II to keep the motor in peak no matter what throttle postion or RPM range. The average person will just put this on for the pretty views but you can pull some go out of it.
I would suggest getting a few more supporting mods done like full exhaust, ignition upgrades [think MSD and NGK] and then add the SAFC-II and pay well for a GOOD tune by a shop that knows what they are doing and you will feel a difference.
This comes from actually doing this - not speculation. wink.gif
6G96GT
Then you tend to find out you might need a bigger fuel pump, adj. fuel pressure regulator, and then you might end up running rich or lean without getting a wideband O2 kit ($300.00) and then the appropriate gauges ($200 more) and then blah blah blah....I wouldn't do it without a turbo.
Harold_Fastwaker
QUOTE(DEATH @ Jan 22, 2008 - 4:50 PM) [snapback]633290[/snapback]

I would suggest getting a few more supporting mods done like full exhaust, ignition upgrades [think MSD and NGK] and then add the SAFC-II and pay well for a GOOD tune by a shop that knows what they are doing and you will feel a difference.
This comes from actually doing this - not speculation. wink.gif

My point exactly. After you spend $400 for a good tune, $300ish for full exhaust, waste money on an intake, and make a header fit you are roughly $1200 in the hole. So, go spend $800 more and put a damn turbo on.

QUOTE(6G96GT @ Jan 23, 2008 - 9:29 PM) [snapback]633826[/snapback]

Then you tend to find out you might need a bigger fuel pump, adj. fuel pressure regulator, and then you might end up running rich or lean without getting a wideband O2 kit ($300.00) and then the appropriate gauges ($200 more) and then blah blah blah....I wouldn't do it without a turbo.

LOL, no. All you do with a SAFC is tune what your car has.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.