Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing/switching steering wheel
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
CelicaProgress
does ANYBODY know how to take off the steering wheel?? i kno im spose to be careful with the airbag crap ..tho idk if it applies to me cuz mine duznt work ...but yeh sumbody please lemme kno how
GreenyST204
QUOTE(CelicaProgress @ Jan 22, 2008 - 4:15 PM) [snapback]633316[/snapback]

does ANYBODY know how to take off the steering wheel?? i kno im spose to be careful with the airbag crap ..tho idk if it applies to me cuz mine duznt work ...but yeh sumbody please lemme kno how

Steering wheel swap guide, this is not common "how-to" but just small guide...

Search is amazing! wink.gif
CelicaProgress
perfect thanks
CelicaProgress
Nvm not so perfect ....hes showing a 97 ... n he isnt even taking it off hes juss replacing the air bag ..anyone have sumthing more accurate?????
Batman722
take off the airbag first, then use a 19mm socket to remove the nut holding the wheel. Then pull wheel off. If helps if you shake the wheela bit to remove it.
GreenyST204
QUOTE(malpaso @ Jan 6, 2007 - 4:04 PM) [snapback]515685[/snapback]

step no one: remove old steering wheel
Two screws on sides (behind small covers) holds airbag part
IPB Image

IPB Image

There are just two plugs inside. That yellow one is for airbag and white is horn (there is possibility also for cruise multi switch, where are many more wires. Horn wire is black, every time that last on right connected to wheel body)
IPB Image

When you unplug everything + unscrew nut in the middle you should remove wheel with puller (w/o that it's not possible at all)
IPB Image

Did you even read the Link. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
or did you just miss like step one
CelicaProgress
=/ i didnt kno i needed the freakin puller ..i didnt recognize it in the picture cuz ive never seen one ....thought it wuz just easily taken off after the nut came off .... good walkthrough tho thanks alot wouldnt've been able to do it without it ... ill put sum pics up soon it came out pretty nice thanks again
Batman722
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Jan 22, 2008 - 11:28 PM) [snapback]633506[/snapback]

Then pull wheel off. If helps if you shake the wheel a bit to remove it.

QUOTE(CelicaProgress @ Jan 24, 2008 - 11:26 PM) [snapback]634280[/snapback]

=/ i didnt kno i needed the freakin puller ..i didnt recognize it in the picture cuz ive never seen one ....thought it wuz just easily taken off after the nut came off .... good walkthrough tho thanks alot wouldnt've been able to do it without it ... ill put sum pics up soon it came out pretty nice thanks again

CelicaProgress
i tried pullin the thing off but it wuz impossible ... wen i saw how much force wuz needed wen i used the puller i never woulda got the thing off on my own ...but maybe its juss my car ... she seems to feel the need to be a bytch wenevr an upgrade is tryna be done ...thanks tho
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.