Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP!!!!!!
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
blk94gt
which one should i get SRT-4 or Mazda RX8 im getting one for college what do you think would be the best choice
thespacepanda
Dude, SRT-4 all the way. Apparently the RX-8 is about to be replaced by the new RX-7. That's right, turbo 3-rotor.
lagos
Decisions Decisions...
99Celica
I get to drive srt-4's at work and they are fun. A guy comes in every once in a while and his BOV is insanely loud. It's a rush. The inside feels kinda cheapy though. The RX-8's are quicker than most people give them credit. I just dont' know how long you can trust the rotary engine. The RX-8's six speed is a little on the touchy side as well, takes some getting used to. The interior also feels kinda small. You could always stay with toyota and get an IS300 in stick. I like'em. Hope this helped
Celicam8
Not DODGE!! why not just flush your cash down the toilet?
Hanyo
rwd hands down
BLINKYxMUNKEY
AWD Turbo > Dodge or RWD
Rayme
Another "I'm getting a car for college" thread?
Harold_Fastwaker
If you dont know what a rotary is, how it works and what maintenance is required then dont even touch any RX.

The SRT4 is a solid car. People are running quite a bit of power without to much worry. It is one car that Dodge actually built right. Even the old Neons are strong, my buddy had one with 150k on it. Never had a problem.
SlickRick
Get the caliber srt-4 i like those better then the neon srt-4
95CelicaST
Turbo AWD.
fastgt
QUOTE(blk94gt @ Jan 26, 2008 - 8:28 PM) [snapback]634873[/snapback]

which one should i get SRT-4 or Mazda RX8 im getting one for college what do you think would be the best choice

if you like cars at all you will skip the neon and get the rx-8....no the rx-8 isnt being replaced anytime soon....btw i hate the srt4.

looks like crap...bad torque steer....build like crap...breaks easy....need i say more?
Supersprynt
SRT-4 thumbsdown.gif
fastgt
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Jan 28, 2008 - 11:40 AM) [snapback]635343[/snapback]

SRT-4 thumbsdown.gif

+1
FlamingCelica
Go for the SRT! My brother has an 05 and he hasn't had any problems with it, and hes owned it for almost a year and a half now. Even after modding it it still is just as reliable as it was when it was stock, except now it is much quicker and even more fun! Definitely get the SRT-4 man biggrin.gif

~FlamingCelica
SeverX13
Go with an RX-7 or a supra...RX-8 are pretty tight as well.

BUT WHAT EVER U DO DO NOT GET DODGE NEAN SRT-4!

stick with import cars biggrin.gif

Japanese muscle baby!! biggrin.gif
ZEROCOOL
DO NOT GET DA SRT-4

a friend has one..... "biggest mistake of his life".....
fun and fast to drive time to time.....but not to own.....****ty car.
Insanity-74
Are you open to suggestions as to a different possible option????? IMO they both suck.
Harold_Fastwaker
QUOTE(SeverX13 @ Jan 28, 2008 - 9:01 PM) [snapback]635473[/snapback]

Go with an RX-7 or a supra...

Oh yeah, those are definitly in the same price range.

And before anyone says but a 7 is only $12k or 10k or whatever amount you want to toss at me. Think about the fact that you need at least $3k in the bank to fix any issues that WILL pop up. To many damn people buy 7s then don't know what prevention maintenance needs to be done, then bitch and moan and resell the car.

Look at a WRX 2004 or greater. EVOs, nissans, BMW. Hell there are alot of cars out there in that price range.
dabazied
Honestly, out of your two I'd pick the RX8. I would look into the Cobalt SS before I'd look into the Neon SRT-4, better made car cause the SRT-4 is still a Neon, which =crap. (Caliber "SRT" version is nice but they are a bit top heavy if you are whippin it.... trust me, rental+caliber+whippin=only two wheels on the ground and thank god for no fault top rental insurance lol)
Akimbo
QUOTE(thespacepanda @ Jan 26, 2008 - 9:52 PM) [snapback]634881[/snapback]

Dude, SRT-4 all the way. Apparently the RX-8 is about to be replaced by the new RX-7. That's right, turbo 3-rotor.

i dont know where you people dig this information up. Do you guys just make this **** up? There's no new RX-7. They just made a NEW for 09 RX8.
monkey
ok, i sell rx8's and they are complete and utter ****! the mazda store looses money every year.... wait car dealership looses money.... yes, its a money pit and a long story behind it, but the owner wants to keep it for certain reasons.... the cars are crap. i drive them and actually raced another guy from the dealreship who wass in one and he tried to run from a woodlands sherriff and lost miserably. ohh and the v8 4runners kick its ass! trade in value on a rx8 is shamefull. if you want a fast car get the 08 camry v6 its reliable and will last u many miles. i got out of a 94 celi into a 07 ford focus and killed its auto tranny to a point that 3,000 miles into it, it needed a new tranny cuz it wouldnt even shift past 2nd gear, i just killled a 02 dodge intrepid r/t which has a 3.5 magnum high output in it in just a week... when people say toyotas are indestructable, their not kidding! if you drive any other car as hard i i drive toyotas they will break and break quick. toyotas are cheep easy and reliable. my suggestion would be to do more research for a car that you can resell or keep for a long time consitering your goin to college and you dont need a overpowered dog terd (srt-4) or a tin can with a quirky engine(rx-8) that will just suck up all your money 3-4 years after you buy it cuz stuff continuously is breaking on it..
thespacepanda
QUOTE(Akimbo @ Jan 31, 2008 - 2:13 AM) [snapback]636245[/snapback]

QUOTE(thespacepanda @ Jan 26, 2008 - 9:52 PM) [snapback]634881[/snapback]

i dont know where you people dig this information up. Do you guys just make this **** up? There's no new RX-7. They just made a NEW for 09 RX8.

Some guy I met at Walmart. I don't know where he got his info but there was a twinkle in his eye....
Akimbo
QUOTE(monkey @ Jan 30, 2008 - 9:25 PM) [snapback]636249[/snapback]

ok, i sell rx8's and they are complete and utter ****! the mazda store looses money every year.... wait car dealership looses money.... yes, its a money pit and a long story behind it, but the owner wants to keep it for certain reasons.... the cars are crap. i drive them and actually raced another guy from the dealreship who wass in one and he tried to run from a woodlands sherriff and lost miserably. ohh and the v8 4runners kick its ass! trade in value on a rx8 is shamefull. if you want a fast car get the 08 camry v6 its reliable and will last u many miles. i got out of a 94 celi into a 07 ford focus and killed its auto tranny to a point that 3,000 miles into it, it needed a new tranny cuz it wouldnt even shift past 2nd gear, i just killled a 02 dodge intrepid r/t which has a 3.5 magnum high output in it in just a week... when people say toyotas are indestructable, their not kidding! if you drive any other car as hard i i drive toyotas they will break and break quick. toyotas are cheep easy and reliable. my suggestion would be to do more research for a car that you can resell or keep for a long time consitering your goin to college and you dont need a overpowered dog terd (srt-4) or a tin can with a quirky engine(rx-8) that will just suck up all your money 3-4 years after you buy it cuz stuff continuously is breaking on it..

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Random_Stranger
Dude get the SRT. The RX8 doesn't live up to the RX7 and like dude said before, they are going to make something that might outdo their RX7. If this happens, I might go with that instead of the RX7. And you can get a triple rotary turbo charged engine for the RX7 right now. Imagine that! I seen one in a magazine that was pushing 850HP on the dyno. At least that is what the magazine said. I dunno what else was in the car.

Okay my bad. There are rumors of making a new RX7 Concept car. These are my sources >>> http://www.automoblog.net/2007/02/01/new-m...7-in-the-works/

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/-maz...yo-ar43882.html

http://news.windingroad.com/concept-cars/0...-furai-concept/

http://news.windingroad.com/concept-cars/m...kyo-motor-show/

Regardless of what it is called, it is going to be BETTER than the RX8 and they want to outdo themselves from the RX7. Because as I said before from up top and I will say it again. RX8 doesn't live up to par with the RX7.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.