Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Trac Swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Legit94GT
So I am in need of more go:) i am about to put money into my 94 GT to do just that...
I have always wanted a GT-4 but i think we all know that that wont happen... SO I am thinking that i am going to buy a older Celcia All Trac so i can get the AWD Turbo to dump money into... but i hate their front end. So this brings about two real questions...

Can you/has anybody swapped out the front end of a 6th gen celica onto a 5th gen All Trac Celica?

If so what modification if any had to be done?

I know this is a 6th gen site, and i LOVE my GT but i want to dump my money into an all wheel drive turbo... and until i figure out a way to import a GT-4 this is all i can think of...

Thanks for you help
jcaron9gt4
I've been looking around casually for an all trac too....i never used to like the front end either, but the more ive seen them, they look sexier and sexier everytime. If a nice one came along and wasnt too much, i would grab it in a heartbeat...even though they're 15+ years old, i still think they're very nice looking cars.

As far as the front end, i think our celicas are a bit wider than the alltrac. I dont know anyone that has attempted it, nor heard of anyone.
GriffGirl
search the forums, this has been covered and asked a zillion times. I've counted. It actually is one zillion. smile.gif
Supersprynt
I've never seen it done. Anything can be done, but it won't be easy.
Legit94GT
QUOTE(GriffGirl @ Feb 7, 2008 - 12:17 PM) [snapback]639031[/snapback]

search the forums, this has been covered and asked a zillion times. I've counted. It actually is one zillion. smile.gif

Thats funny cause i just looked throught the forms and found nothign like this...

Maybe you should re read it... im not talking about swapping out motors, just the front fenders and hood and such onto a 5th gen...
GriffGirl
got it, my bad
bccentaur3
It won't be a bolt on, but sure it would work. The only problem is the fact that our 6th gens are way wider than the 5th gen. Even if you get the front end on, you'll have a hammer head shark effect going on with the car. Wide head skinny body. Unless you got the money to do extensive body work to the rear end. After all said and done, you're better off importing a real 6th gen gt-four or even go out and get an evo or an sti.
lagos
Just buy a CS hood and bumper. They look damn sexy.
Good choice on the car btw.
bccentaur3
Yeah just get the CS bumper and hood. The hood kind of resembles the st205 any way.
Hanyo
the 5th gen rear end is too ugly.

It is possible to do, but the body lines will not line up completely.

DEATH
QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Feb 7, 2008 - 1:25 PM) [snapback]639047[/snapback]

It won't be a bolt on, but sure it would work. The only problem is the fact that our 6th gens are way wider than the 5th gen. Even if you get the front end on, you'll have a hammer head shark effect going on with the car. Wide head skinny body. Unless you got the money to do extensive body work to the rear end. After all said and done, you're better off importing a real 6th gen gt-four or even go out and get an evo or an sti.

The Alltrac's and GTS's are widebody. Not saying the body lines will line up but they don't look like the GT's and ST's.
MaskedMan
QUOTE(DEATH @ Feb 7, 2008 - 2:29 PM) [snapback]639117[/snapback]

The Alltrac's and GTS's are widebody. Not saying the body lines will line up but they don't look like the GT's and ST's.

You are right, the alltrac fenders both front and rear are actually wider than the 6th gens. The rear is very noticable when compared side to side.

One of the major differences (other than shape obviously) is the way that everything bolts up. On our 6th gens, the bumper flows up toward the hood and they meet above where the headlights are. On the 5th gen, the hood extends down much further. The entire structure is different and would require a extensive work, but I wouldn't say it is impossible. Another thing is that the doors are shaped differently, more square on the Alltrac, so when you try to bolt the 6th gen fenders on, they won't line up correctly. Believe me, when you own an Alltrac and a 6th gen and have a buttload of time, you get bored and try things). If you made custom fenders, and had a full front clip of a 6th gen to work with, I say it could be done with welding ofcourse. But I think you should keep the Alltrac front end, as it flows very well with the rest of the car.
lagos
IPB Image

I dont know about you, but that looks better then most 6th gens to me.
DEATH
Yeah - the CS front end looks great and really brings out the curves in the rest of the car. The standard altrac front end just doesn't do it for me and forget about the GT's and ST's rolleyes.gif
azian_advanced
if i either had to put the st205 front end on a st185, or do a 4wd conversion on a 6th gen... i'd rather do a 4wd conversion on a 6th gen..
lagos
QUOTE(azian_advanced @ Feb 7, 2008 - 7:57 PM) [snapback]639176[/snapback]

if i either had to put the st205 front end on a st185, or do a 4wd conversion on a 6th gen... i'd rather do a 4wd conversion on a 6th gen..

Its like saying you would swim across the atlantic instead of flying in an air plane. tongue.gif
spolski07
QUOTE(lagos @ Feb 7, 2008 - 6:17 PM) [snapback]639140[/snapback]

IPB Image

I dont know about you, but that looks better then most 6th gens to me.

makes me wanta jumpship on the 6th gen and get an altrac!
jcaron9gt4
There's a black alltrac that i see driving around from time to time...hands down one of the cleanest 5th gens ive ever seen. Just wish it had a FS sticker on it.
Legit94GT

...Unless you got the money to do extensive body work to the rear end. After all said and done, you're better off importing a real 6th gen gt-four or even go out and get an evo or an sti...

So as i have previous stated you cant import a GT-4:( That is my whole problem... If someone could enlighten me on how to import a GT-4 legally i would owe you forever... and ever:)

Thanks for all hellp and info guys, i am a new user and am very impressed with everyone here
azian_advanced
QUOTE(lagos @ Feb 7, 2008 - 7:06 PM) [snapback]639180[/snapback]

QUOTE(azian_advanced @ Feb 7, 2008 - 7:57 PM) [snapback]639176[/snapback]

Its like saying you would swim across the atlantic instead of flying in an air plane. tongue.gif

more like.. i would rather have a full make over than have plastic surgery wink.gif
yaj19
eh. wrong. when i have my 91 celica gt-s shell, i did some measurements comparing them to my 95 celica gt. what i found was, the 6th generation celicas are wider by almost 2 inches. the 91 celica gt-s came to about 67 and the 95 came to about 68.8. yeah i agree that the 5th generation celicas look wider but i did the measurements cause i was curious wink.gif
Legit94GT
really? thats awesome man thanks for finding this and adding your two cents, and two measurements:)

Sadly i still dont know what i want to do with my car...
yaj19
QUOTE(Legit94GT @ Feb 9, 2008 - 9:01 PM) [snapback]639863[/snapback]

really? thats awesome man thanks for finding this and adding your two cents, and two measurements:)

Sadly i still dont know what i want to do with my car...

no problem. i was curious to several measurements on the 5th gen and the 6th gen. well i had both at that time and started some comparing. wink.gif
b1gr3d
so why can't you put the older drive train into a 6th gen? obviously it wont bolt right in, but i think it would be easier than trying to swap body panels
bccentaur3
QUOTE(b1gr3d @ Feb 11, 2008 - 9:05 AM) [snapback]640277[/snapback]

so why can't you put the older drive train into a 6th gen? obviously it wont bolt right in, but i think it would be easier than trying to swap body panels

There is more custom work with doing the all wheel drive train swap. Custom cradles have to be made for the rear tansfercase. You need to make a hall for the drive shaft to go back. Fuel tank needs to be moved and lots of cutting. Besides, having the 5th gen alltrac and just doing the front end conversion wouldn;t be as bad, but I'd rather have the carlos sainz front hood and bumper on the 5th gen alltrac on the car, because just look at it. Its meant to be.
b1gr3d
so you want a 185 with 205 headlights NOT a gt4 then...gotcha why dont you try to make lights with housings taht dont pop up? like nsx i think that the 4 round headlights would look weird with the body
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.