Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So a few weeks ago I saw a MKIV Supra. (Very rare in RI)
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
bmrabb
So really I've seen only one MKIV Supra here in Rhode Island before this one. The one I saw before was an unimpressive, beat-up yellow one. This one we noticed when driving after picking up my friends sister. We finally got close enough and I managed to get one pic with my cellphone. It's kinda a cool looking picture too. It was from Illinois so probably won't see it again lol.

IPB Image

Just wondering from anyone else...where you live do you see many MKIV Supras?

99Celica
I live in Santa Barbara, a very wealthy town, and I still rarely see them. I've worked Valet for 1.5 years, and i've only seen one come through. I got to drive it and it was ragged out.
Jaws4God
I think people have to have a passion for them.. Cuz they have people like us who would die for one and can't afford it.. then you have those with the money but would rather buy a Lexus or Mercedes for the same kinda money..

frown.gif
monkey
well im not very happry to say, but seeing kids drive supras, ferraris and lambos, and mazerattis is not an uncommon site to see on a daily basis where i live, its a little town in texas called the woodlands... where the spoiled kids are from....

well im not very happry to say, but seeing kids drive supras, ferraris and lambos, and mazerattis is not an uncommon site to see on a daily basis where i live, its a little town in texas called the woodlands... where the spoiled kids are from....
Jeunesse
Here in Toronto, I've seen a couple and Tony the Tiger owns 1 of it. I was at his shop a month ago and I came so close to the car to inspect it. What a wonderful feeling just touching and staring at this beautiful creation.
Remy
Looks like an NA...still very nice supra. thumbsup.gif
terqui
One time i pulled up to a wingless MKIV in my town. I asked him if it was the TT and he said it was. He also told me that he had a celica when he was younger. The guy was like mid 50's with his wife. She laughed at me when i reved my engine and they sped off down the road.
GriffGirl
I parked next to a black one at Portland International Airport about 2 months ago. It was honestly the closest space I could find, and I kind of felt silly parking next to it, it's like parking a tricycle next to a Harley.
CelicaProgress
Every now n then ill see one .... some guy in my town has one tho... some Asian dude .... he KNOWS wen i see it cuz im the only one stopping traffic to watch the whole thing pass me....nice shiny dark green...beautiful sight ..... ill get a Supra way long before i ever get a Benz or Ferrari ..i WILL get one
xs94st
there was a guy at cal poly pomona that had one..made it into a vert..was pretty cool

another one was a turbo'd NA red

another was a white with black rims. so nice. 2jzgte

met a couple of guys around my area (Cerritos) that had some, only 3. That was when i had a mk3 and was scrounging for info on all the supras and their engines smile.gif

i've seen a lot and always see em every once in a while..this guy (seen him 2wice) drives on the 91 occasionally and i know its him cuz i remember the license plate number and its black smile.gif

tis fun biggrin.gif
Havok1997GT

you think its bad in the woodlands.... come to Friendswood TX. i went to school with a kid that went through 5 brand new mustangs in 2 years. mommy and daddy just kept pumping them out.

I would love to one day afford to buy my daughter a car. but it will be a POS that will get from point A to point B. No one should ever have a nice car for their first car. no one.
mariosdarkworld
Man didnt u guys see that video on youtube that 600hp celica against the supra 1020hp that thing got smoked smile.gif
laff09
QUOTE(bmrabb @ Feb 8, 2008 - 2:05 PM) [snapback]639425[/snapback]

So really I've seen only one MKIV Supra here in Rhode Island before this one. The one I saw before was an unimpressive, beat-up yellow one. This one we noticed when driving after picking up my friends sister. We finally got close enough and I managed to get one pic with my cellphone. It's kinda a cool looking picture too. It was from Illinois so probably won't see it again lol.

IPB Image

Just wondering from anyone else...where you live do you see many MKIV Supras?

is that green or black?

I was up in RI visiting my uncle and aunt about a month and a half ago, and saw a green MKIV. In South Kingston. I thought about contacting some of our RI members, but I was only around for 4-5 days. I'm supposed to be going back up that way sometime soon, how far are ya guys (particularly Batman) from S. Kingston/URI?
neKronos
QUOTE(mariosdarkworld @ Feb 8, 2008 - 8:38 PM) [snapback]639575[/snapback]

Man didnt u guys see that video on youtube that 600hp celica against the supra 1020hp that thing got smoked smile.gif

we have in fact, hes on the forum
Rayme
Here there's only 2 known supra in the whole province (New-Brunswick) that the car community knows off. Very rare...

I once saw a one beated to **** at a garage..the car had 360 000 KM on it ! redface.gif
xs94st
QUOTE(Rayme @ Feb 9, 2008 - 9:37 AM) [snapback]639693[/snapback]

Here there's only 2 known supra in the whole province (New-Brunswick) that the car community knows off. Very rare...

I once saw a one beated to **** at a garage..the car had 360 000 KM on it ! redface.gif

POR QUE?????? (why?????)

i get sad whenever i see a car with soo much potential, but is driven by someone who doesn't realize the aesthetical value..

i mean, if ur gonna have a beater, why not make it a honda? they're a dime a dozen!

i jus get irritated mad.gif
hongkongnerdboy
saw this one near garden grove brookurst exit

IPB Image
Shocker
IM pretty sure thats a 300zx
hongkongnerdboy
really? the front looked like a supra o.o
Remy
Its a 300zx with a supra style spoiler. smile.gif
Sh0gunkid8721
QUOTE(Havok1997GT @ Feb 8, 2008 - 6:30 PM) [snapback]639573[/snapback]

you think its bad in the woodlands.... come to Friendswood TX. i went to school with a kid that went through 5 brand new mustangs in 2 years. mommy and daddy just kept pumping them out.

I would love to one day afford to buy my daughter a car. but it will be a POS that will get from point A to point B. No one should ever have a nice car for their first car. no one.

Lemme know when u go to a high school where a kid drives a Dodge Viper to school and uses his Porsche Cayenne as his "beater" and his sister gets a Street named after her for her Sweet 16 (Amira Boulevard).
monkey
QUOTE(Sh0gunkid8721 @ Feb 9, 2008 - 7:22 PM) [snapback]639845[/snapback]

QUOTE(Havok1997GT @ Feb 8, 2008 - 6:30 PM) [snapback]639573[/snapback]

Lemme know when u go to a high school where a kid drives a Dodge Viper to school and uses his Porsche Cayenne as his "beater" and his sister gets a Street named after her for her Sweet 16 (Amira Boulevard).

done done done!
yall know woodforest bank... well robert marling(owner)'s son charles wrecked his escalade all tricked out and **** and almost killed a woman when he was drunk and when he got out of the hospital hsi dad gace him a brand new escalade lookin truck thingy.. pearl paint, the whole 9 yards, sux, all i got was a celi that i bought with my own damn money... uhh one kids friend whos 16 got a tt supra when he had a single turbod supra and sold it to his friend who was 15 whos dady bought it and it ****in retarded even tho i want one soooo bad!

and mustangs are cheap too...
hongkongnerdboy
redface.gif my celica is nice for a first car biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.