Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just chnaged my fuel pump, now issues.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
bccentaur3
Okay the problem of my car dieing on me before was actually my fuel pump. Since I should be getting the rest of my parts by Monday I figured why not just get a 255lph walbro fuel pump. SO I installed that today and tried to start her up. No good, car won't start.
Maybe it was the factory intake pipe I broke off the throttle body and decided to leave it off until she would start. So I put the intake pipe back on, but leaking bad, because I broke the piece right where it holds onto the throttle body. So After a couple of cranks the car would start and wouldn't hold idle. I keep trying and bamn finally starts. I didn't drive it though so I just shut her off. My dad comes out and tries to start her up no fire. He calls me and said it won't start. I get off of work and started it and it fired up. So I drove to the gas station and put more gas in. Come back home and my mom tells me to run and get some pop. Went back outside and guess what? IT WONT START. Does someone know whats wrong with the car now? Is it actually the intake pipe, I mean its not held on tight. We dont run a MAF unit so I don;t see why I would have trouble starting the car. Any info would greatly be appreciated.
bccentaur3
Fuel pump whines so I'm getting fuel. Did I over fuel my car?
trdproven
First, you are not suppose to get anything other than the recommended fuel pump psi because it works altogether with your computer box, injectors, etc. However, I am not sure if this is the problem. Did you check if there is a spark on the wires? There is many symptoms you can provide. I did see this recently with a computer box I had to replace on my friends car but then again there are other things you can test before going to that extreme.
bccentaur3
Okay went outside today before class to start it up. It magically started. So I shut it off and started it again and thank god it started. So coming back from school I decide to start it up and guess what started, but then shut her off went inside for 30 minutes and back to start it up and it WONT start. Help!!!
lagos
you sure your pump wiring isint loose ? crimp connectors have a tendency of shorting out.
bccentaur3
No the fuel pump whines good. Okay found out the issue. When I thought my timing belt broke I took the distributer cap off to check. Well timing belt was good, but that I guess killed my distributer. So I will be replacing it tomorrow. But kind of pissed. My dad took my car and it fired up for him, but the distributer got hot and went on him in traffic on the highway. it was towed to the impound lot and costed 180 to get it out and another 140 to have it towed back home. And the distributer is 110 I believe.
trdproven
Might as well change your cap rotor and coil while your at it and if you didnt do a tune up for a while do plugs and wires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.