Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT-4?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
addictions
ok i know i am a noob and what not but you guys are always saying how bad ass GT-4's are and wish u had one so are they not available in the US? why have i never seen one in the US whats so good about them? come on guys fill me in
dabazied
AWD traction is great... Better stock hp without a swap is great as well... They weren't sold here, so you'd have to either import one over or find one that has already been imported..... Lots of people like the looks of em, personally I think it looks like subaru got a hold of the front end but it looks ok i guess.... I still think the SSIII looks better
jcaron9gt4
watch this and you will know why we love them wink.gif
addictions
ok thats ****ing sick!!! wow ya well my gramma lives in Canada so can i go give her a call and tell her to find one?? or were they not made their as well?
95st-celica
^x2...awesome video....front end looks nothin like a subie...if i could ever get my hands on an imporeted LHD GT-4 id prolly be the happiest man....but im gonna have to settle for a swap which is just as good...gt-4 FTMFW
jason
off topic, but these gauges kick ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Xr_S97Qts
CelicaProgress
wOw that video wuz insane
celicaGT96
isnt that ^ like the motec?
3SGTE
plus they are rare even in countries that do have the mighty gt-four, you see scoobys eveyday etc...... BORING haha laugh.gif
Insanity-74
Gt4s are great cars, although as a daily drive can get a bit harsh, and I seem to have an endless vacuum in my wallet and petrol tank.

Just had Rally style Launch control fitted....now that IS fun and very very loud, but I guess if its gonna spit 4 foot of flame from the exhaust its gonna be loud.
DEATH
QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Feb 19, 2008 - 8:00 AM) [snapback]643163[/snapback]

I seem to have an endless vacuum in my wallet and petrol tank.

My god - the MPG sux on the 3S [knew that going in but just had to vent the pain a little] tongue.gif

Juat had Rally style Launch control fitted....now that IS fun and very very loud, but I guess if its gonna spit 4 foot of flame from the exhaust its gonna be loud.

Video please - I gotta see this . Could you also include a little view of the LC system? Might be interested in this if it's even poss on FWD.
D-Man
QUOTE(DEATH @ Feb 19, 2008 - 8:28 AM) [snapback]643166[/snapback]

Juat had Rally style Launch control fitted....now that IS fun and very very loud, but I guess if its gonna spit 4 foot of flame from the exhaust its gonna be loud.

Video please - I gotta see this . Could you also include a little view of the LC system? Might be interested in this if it's even poss on FWD.

x2 biggrin.gif
Insanity-74
QUOTE(DEATH @ Feb 19, 2008 - 1:28 PM) [snapback]643166[/snapback]

My god - the MPG sux on the 3S [knew that going in but just had to vent the pain a little] tongue.gif

Launch control is possible on any car just about...its all controlled through an aftermarket ECU so there is nothing to see apart from flames wink.gif
DEATH
QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Feb 19, 2008 - 3:56 PM) [snapback]643286[/snapback]

QUOTE(DEATH @ Feb 19, 2008 - 1:28 PM) [snapback]643166[/snapback]

Launch control is possible on any car just about...its all controlled through an aftermarket ECU so there is nothing to see apart from flames wink.gif

No we all wanna see the flamesIPB Image
Insanity-74
Not mine, but essentially thats what its like...I dont have access to a digital video camera at the moment. Visitng my folks at the weekend, I`ll see if I can borrow their camera.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kT01-AB78-4&feature=related
D-Man
UM- back to the "Whats so great about a GT4" It's turbo'd fresh out the factory, Plus the hood scoops. And the AWD makes it pop foward, not burn out!! Fantasterific cars they ares.
DEATH
QUOTE(D-Man @ Feb 19, 2008 - 5:35 PM) [snapback]643341[/snapback]

UM- back to the "Whats so great about a GT4" It's turbo'd fresh out the factory, Plus the hood scoops. And the AWD makes it pop foward, not burn out!! Fantasterific cars they ares.

Hood vents wink.gif
Jeunesse
QUOTE(addictions @ Feb 15, 2008 - 10:53 PM) [snapback]642010[/snapback]

ok thats ****ing sick!!! wow ya well my gramma lives in Canada so can i go give her a call and tell her to find one?? or were they not made their as well?

they were'nt sold here in canada either, considering we're actually called US's bastard brother from the north and we're part of the USDM market. Anyway, if there's gonna be a gt-4 here in canada I'm pretty sure it'll be pretty hard to get you're hands on them. Me, Bryan(Valo), MikeE, Axel, and others would be checking it out first than your grandma. biggrin.gif
addictions
QUOTE(Jeunesse @ Feb 19, 2008 - 6:36 PM) [snapback]643359[/snapback]

QUOTE(addictions @ Feb 15, 2008 - 10:53 PM) [snapback]642010[/snapback]

they were'nt sold here in canada either, considering we're actually called US's bastard brother from the north and we're part of the USDM market. Anyway, if there's gonna be a gt-4 here in canada I'm pretty sure it'll be pretty hard to get you're hands on them. Me, Bryan(Valo), MikeE, Axel, and others would be checking it out first than your grandma. biggrin.gif

i dont know my grams is crazy fast!! lol but ya so the chances of me getting my hands on a GT-4 in the US is slim to none frown.gif
rayneezy23
QUOTE(jason @ Feb 15, 2008 - 11:02 PM) [snapback]642015[/snapback]

off topic, but these gauges kick ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Xr_S97Qts

hahaha dude that ish was hella off topic but it had me laughing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.