Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'tarded random question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Bitter
so over on the 3rd gen eclipse forums a number of members who go FI have swapped in an Evo PCM to run their 4g64, and it works with a little fine tuning via pcm flash.

i know that the 4age and 7afe PCM's are NOT flashable at all, but what would happen if you did try to run a cammed or NA modified 7afe with a 4age pcm? i know theres some sensor input and some output differences, but nothing too drastic.

just idly thinking on a slow saturday laugh.gif
stephen_lee
any further thought in this?
Bitter
no one?
Kwanza26
The fuelling difference between the two engines isn't all that different considering injector sizes and horsepower ratings (minus high-comps of course). Also, depending on which 4AGE ecu you're talking about, it could potentially be a big downgrade (afm versions). I think it's better to just do a standalone if you're talking "SERIOUS" modifications... but if you're just camming the 7AFE, it's not a drastic enough modification to warrant anything more than a piggyback and some mechanical tuning. Also note... if you're willing to go as far as wiring in a 4AG ecu... might as well throw the GE head on the 7A block. The stock 7A rods are OK for 7500 rpms or so... and you will still need pistons and some fair tuning to get timing right... but it'll be more practical in the end...
Bitter
well i was thinking about people who are camming the 7afe and going for a longer powerband, the 4age pcm has a higher rev limit and is more geared towards the higher VE and more agressive tune.

like i said, i was just thinking idly on a lazy afternoon :lol:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.