Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: decision time
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
SeverX13
Ok so ever since i joined this sight i wanted to do a 3s but then after bein a member for a while i am caught between 3s and 5s. I want to do one either way. I have 3-4 thousand dollars saved up. what should i do....i dont know much about engines tho. Ive been fightin with this rich boy at school who has a 350z. He told me that he wanted to go to the track and race me. I told him gimme till the end of summer and then my car will race your daddys car. So this is a factor as well haha Is it possible to do a 3s with 4gs? and when i mean "to do" i mean the whiole thing runnin and ready to go
x_itchy_b_x
eh close but you need a little more id think. but first of all dont mod your car for reasons like that, there is always someone faster than you.
D-Man
QUOTE(SeverX13 @ Feb 18, 2008 - 11:04 AM) [snapback]642752[/snapback]

Ok so ever since i joined this sight i wanted to do a 3s but then after bein a member for a while i am caught between 3s and 5s. I want to do one either way. I have 3-4 thousand dollars saved up. what should i do....i dont know much about engines tho. Ive been fightin with this rich boy at school who has a 350z. He told me that he wanted to go to the track and race me. I told him gimme till the end of summer and then my car will race your daddys car. So this is a factor as well haha Is it possible to do a 3s with 4gs? and when i mean "to do" i mean the whiole thing runnin and ready to go

Okay; I am in a similar boat as you, just 2 waves ahead... I'm currently buying up parts.

The best thing you can do is to go and dig into those stickys. Any questions arise, post em' up. There is no such thing as a stupid question! Only Stupid people; who dont ask questions. tongue.gif My advice is to LEARN as much as possible, And try to find someone near you that is experienced and can help you. I was lucky enough to find a fourm member here who lives close enough that i can get some "hands on" help from.

I'm not a pro; but as somone following the same path; it's what ive been doing so far. Best of luck to you, Hope to see pics soon~
GriffGirl
I think you should follow your heart and do to your car what YOU want to do with your car... don't do it just to save face. That's like super gay. I realize you're young and you're a boy and what-not, but for real, it's just SOOOOOOOO Leader of the Pack or something.
playr158
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet racing against the richies at school...

do a 3sgte swap, grab a boost controller and hope he can't drive smile.gif

stock 350z runs high 13s (with a good driver)
D-Man
QUOTE(GriffGirl @ Feb 18, 2008 - 11:47 AM) [snapback]642763[/snapback]

I think you should follow your heart and do to your car what YOU want to do with your car... don't do it just to save face. That's like super gay. I realize you're young and you're a boy and what-not, but for real, it's just SOOOOOOOO Leader of the Pack or something.

GriffGirl has a point. Dont turbo to race HIM. Turbo it for yourself. Witch would include racing EVERYONE if thats what your into. No offense, But it does sound kind of gay to turbo your car for another boy... laugh.gif But if your into racing, the turbo it to race EVERYONE!

I say you find that rich boy when he's talking to his friends, Walk up, Whip it out, and Pee on him. I did that once in highschool, And i got 3 Free days off for it too!! (Teacher called in Suspension, I called it Mini-Vacation) laugh.gif
bccentaur3
QUOTE(D-Man @ Feb 18, 2008 - 11:46 AM) [snapback]642782[/snapback]

QUOTE(GriffGirl @ Feb 18, 2008 - 11:47 AM) [snapback]642763[/snapback]

GriffGirl has a point. Dont turbo to race HIM. Turbo it for yourself. Witch would include racing EVERYONE if thats what your into. No offense, But it does sound kind of gay to turbo your car for another boy... laugh.gif But if your into racing, the turbo it to race EVERYONE!

I say you find that rich boy when he's talking to his friends, Walk up, Whip it out, and Pee on him. I did that once in highschool, And i got 3 Free days off for it too!! (Teacher called in Suspension, I called it Mini-Vacation) laugh.gif

Talk about being gay. You whipped your pito out in front of another man. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
hongkongnerdboy
actually he whipped it out in front of several men tongue.gif
laff09
Hahaha "Hey bob, remember that one time that guy pee'd on you like 8 years ago?" I don't think thats something you can forget, or people will let you forget wink.gif
lagos
You should probably wait till your out of highschool. Trying to turbo your car just so that you can race the other highschool kids is a recipe for disaster. Wait till your a few years older.
jason
buy a bike. 600's run low 12's

i think any celica with 250-260hp would be able to take a z on the highway. on a track, i think you'll need a bit more

again, dont run your mouth until you already have something to back it up.

3000 gets you a 1st gen dsm already runnin 13's, add your extra 1000 on top of that n your well into the 12's. just hope he only wants one race n not a rematch.

then once he see's you walked all over him with your dsm, sell it to him to get your money back! (joke) then watch your old crank walk all over him some more (/joke)
D-Man
QUOTE(laff09 @ Feb 18, 2008 - 1:27 PM) [snapback]642796[/snapback]

Hahaha "Hey bob, remember that one time that guy pee'd on you like 8 years ago?" I don't think thats something you can forget, or people will let you forget wink.gif

EXACTLY!!

Why spend thousands of dollars on a turbo for a quick race someone will forget, When you can have him membered as the Bi-sh that got pissed on for being a richie-queer...

Plus if you have the proper equipment, while its out, you can hit of his girl too laugh.gif

And the rest of you guys, Common, Dont be modest. Like you've never wiped it out in a crowd of people before... I'm just the first to admit it. tongue.gif
SeverX13
Ok i guess i need to clear up this rich boy racing thing haha. I had the idea to turbo my celi b4 i even talked to that kid so i am doin it for myself because i want to LEARN as much as possible. Im not turboing it or swaping it just to race a 350z thats the least of my worries. But it just gives me some drive to want to follow thru with the swap or turbo. And if there is anyone in PA willing to drive near me adn help me out in the summer please PM me

btw... you will be seeing a new paintjob March 08 biggrin.gif

rjbibeau
uhmmm this is definitely the place to learn
D-Man
QUOTE(SeverX13 @ Feb 18, 2008 - 3:14 PM) [snapback]642839[/snapback]

Ok i guess i need to clear up this rich boy racing thing haha. I had the idea to turbo my celi b4 i even talked to that kid so i am doin it for myself because i want to LEARN as much as possible. Im not turboing it or swaping it just to race a 350z thats the least of my worries. But it just gives me some drive to want to follow thru with the swap or turbo. And if there is anyone in PA willing to drive near me adn help me out in the summer please PM me

Well good for you! Turbo that Celi, and enjoy it!! As stated before, you want to start by looking at the stickys, howstuffworks.com will also help you to understand alot also.

Cant wait to see a project thread!
taibones
i am about to start this swap myself a front clip will cost you around 2100 and about another 2000 for a shop to install that is to replace all belts hoses and timing belt if you install your self you can spend alot of money on stuff like a custom header and exhaust i have a lot of sites that sell performance parts
lagos

What part of PA do you live in ?
SeverX13
QUOTE(lagos @ Feb 20, 2008 - 6:29 PM) [snapback]643787[/snapback]

What part of PA do you live in ?

bloomsburg...northeast PA
revski

hey SeverX13 i live in york pa
stephen_lee
if you want a 3s AND 5s..
just get a 5S GTE going on.
doubt you can do it for 4K though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.