Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coupe Opinions
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
williamsg4
Ok, I already asked the question of your opinions on the 7th gen celica...basically they are somewhat unreliable...have you guys ever driven a prelude, integra, scion tc, or a tiburon?? Are any of these comparable or better than the 6gc?
95st-celica
i drove an 06 tib. was not impresed the slightest, integras can be fun little cars, i was looking at a prelude for a while back in the day but i think i'll stay away from them..never got the chance to drive one though
Penkka
I have understood that the Scion TC is the 8th generation Celica.
Scion is a brand owned by Toyota, just like Lexus.

So.. it should be frakin awesome biggrin.gif
GriffGirl
I've driven a tC and if I ever actually bought a new car or financed a car, I'd get a tC. I loved it.
x_itchy_b_x
I think xb's are just awesome lol. I could sleep in it. carry an engine in it. the possibilities are endless. tc's are nice also.
williamsg4
yea the tC looks pretty nice..i'm looking for a coupe with a lot of style but good on gas too
SeverX13
Scion TC

what do u think TC stands for?

Toyota Celica biggrin.gif
goferris
^^^
not quite LOL
touring coupe. they were going to call it the xc like everything else but it was already taken by volvo i think.

tc's are nice. the only thing that i didn't like is the huge blindspot they have. the b pillar is massive.
other than that i still want one eventually. LOL
playr158
Boosted Tc = fun
Tiburons are faster than 6gc
integras are only better when they are JDM yo conversions
preludes are faster, have Vtec but i don't think handle better
civic coupes are eh, i don't like the seating/interior or look of them
eclipses well most are faster, a lot go boom, looks are hit or miss
bccentaur3
If I could go back, I'd definately get the Prelude. It has to be the 97-01 though. H22 Vtec. When that thing kicks in, you won't want any other thing that resembles to vtec. The down fall of the car is the fact that the gauge cluster is totally out-dated.
My dad drives his special edition tiburon and I hate it. Mad heavy, some what stylish.
TC looks okay, but NA slower than piss in the winter.
Integras, looks sexy with the jdm front end. Still cheaper than the others.
Civics = Gayness
Eclipse get a gsx, but be careful they do the crankwalk..lol...

All in all I say get the Prelude. It was Hondas sport car before the s2000 came out.
yaj19
QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Feb 21, 2008 - 12:43 PM) [snapback]644069[/snapback]

If I could go back, I'd definately get the Prelude. It has to be the 97-01 though. H22 Vtec. When that thing kicks in, you won't want any other thing that resembles to vtec. The down fall of the car is the fact that the gauge cluster is totally out-dated.
My dad drives his special edition tiburon and I hate it. Mad heavy, some what stylish.
TC looks okay, but NA slower than piss in the winter.
Integras, looks sexy with the jdm front end. Still cheaper than the others.
Civics = Gayness
Eclipse get a gsx, but be careful they do the crankwalk..lol...

All in all I say get the Prelude. It was Hondas sport car before the s2000 came out.

97+preludes = are PIGS...but have the power to back it up
civics = good luck
tc = nice exterior but interior is ey ok...nice torque and good power
tegs = look at civics
eclipse = GSX
tiburon = weak v6 and heavy

out of all of those i'd pick a tc or an eclipse wink.gif
yaj19
QUOTE(williamsg4 @ Feb 18, 2008 - 9:04 PM) [snapback]642942[/snapback]

...basically they are somewhat unreliable...

this was out of ignorance and people who don't even own 7th gens. generalizing something they've never driven is plain ignorance and shouldn't of been writen..putting someones ignorance into your decision is pretty stupid. go ask the real owners on newcelica.org please kindasad.gif they have a ton that are over 140k just like ours and are still running great...
goferris
i think if i were to get any of those i would get one of these
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
jdm tight yo!!! biggrin.gif
fastgt
what about a 240?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.