Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will camry ignitor work on my celica?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
bccentaur3
I was told all 2.2 5sfe ignitors are interchangable. Is this true? This is all that is keeping my car from starting. frown.gif
Supersprynt
I have one for sale, why not buy mine?
bccentaur3
I need one asap. How much? But will the camry one work?
bccentaur3
Checked on Celitech. I should be good to go, going to the pick and pull tomorrow. btw Toyota gave me a price qoute of 400 bucks on this thing.
Supersprynt
Mines $20
rjbibeau
junkyard it's free if it can fit in your pocket.
GriffGirl
QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Feb 21, 2008 - 9:56 AM) [snapback]644072[/snapback]
junkyard it's free if it can fit in your pocket.

...and that would be why a rear disc conversion (for example) costs a few hundred bucks for a bunch of used stuff off a car...
bccentaur3
Done. It was a busted distributor the whole. I didn't think it was the distributor because the coil checked out good. BTW I cant steal. Guilty conscious. Even if it was a dollar worth, can't even do it. My dad's done it before, when I was with him, but I can't do it. Don't have it in me. Oh I ended buying 2 different ignitors for 5 bucks each.
Havok1997GT
QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Feb 22, 2008 - 12:09 AM) [snapback]644403[/snapback]

Done. It was a busted distributor the whole. I didn't think it was the distributor because the coil checked out good. BTW I cant steal. Guilty conscious. Even if it was a dollar worth, can't even do it. My dad's done it before, when I was with him, but I can't do it. Don't have it in me. Oh I ended buying 2 different ignitors for 5 bucks each.

one word

QUOTE(Havok1997GT @ Feb 21, 2008 - 9:11 PM) [snapback]644408[/snapback]

QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Feb 22, 2008 - 12:09 AM) [snapback]644403[/snapback]

one word

X2 good for you.
rjbibeau
ya can't leave a junkyard pockets empty...that's why you gotta fill em with some stuff like fuses n such haha.
bccentaur3
Yeah, well I was at a pick and pull aka Johns Auto and picked up a 7th gen steering wheel with air bag assembly for 75 bucks smile.gif. But don;t know how to wire up the horn. I did the air bag correct and I just left the cruise control alone. I dont even use it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.